Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Those spikes ?!?! 5577f29e43ab149b62f56220418859d6.jpg

#822 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:40 PM

Aveng has been struggling to get rid of its steel and building components. Could it be that it will announce a buyer on 10 Sep?

Will this positively effect the share price ?? I saw insane spikes in the share price twice this year do you know what that was about ?

#823 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:31 PM

Aveng has been struggling to get rid of its steel and building components.  Could it be that it will announce a buyer on 10 Sep?

#824 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

Thanks Neptunenine..it made good reading. I read a Report to Aveng shareholder last night which will be up for discussion on 10 September 2018 at Boksburg where the company is going to put forward the idea of Special Share offer. They want to issue another 180 000 000 000 ordinary share to raise R2.5 Billion so as to repay part of the R3.5 Billion debt they have. It looks to me that voting for this will take place on 10 September. If it succeeds the current share price around 6 cents will be further diluted to some 1.38 cent that is what i have calculated

https://www.sharenet...eq=60&scode=AEG

I wonder if it is an error for the NAV and TNAV to have been shown as Rands and not cents. If Rands, then ...

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#825 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

So Aveng will be becoming active in the media agai. Aveng said that on 10 September they will issue a SENS about this matter

#826 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:25 PM

Thanks Neptunenine..it made good reading. I read a Report to Aveng shareholder last night which will be up for discussion on 10 September 2018 at Boksburg where the company is going to put forward the idea of Special Share offer. They want to issue another 180 000 000 000 ordinary share to raise R2.5 Billion so as to repay part of the R3.5 Billion debt they have. It looks to me that voting for this will take place on 10 September. If it succeeds the current share price around 6 cents will be further diluted to some 1.38 cent that is what i have calculated

#827 neptunenine

neptunenine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

https://www.business...e-for-survival/

#828 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:45 PM

Anyone knows what is happening to the share price...now hovering at 5c - 6c and whether this company will be able to pick itself up by its own shoe laces? What is a realistic outlook and  future share price for Aveng now that MuR's plans to acquire it has gone bust?

Aveng is also quiet on the SENS front. Is management really trying to get rid of those lost making entities in its portfolio ....Aveng Manufacturing, Aveng Steel and Grinaker.

The company better start doing something or at least say something or else it will soon be dissapearing in a black hole.

#829 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

I have read that Murray and Roberts (MR) has recently been successful in landing  R4 billion  worth of contracts made up of .one in australasia and another ...a development contract for a copper mine in Mongolia. So it make sense that MR wants to acquire the mining arm of Aveng..

Is this, by implication, not good news for Aton which wants to become a world player, including mining and their reasoning to acquire MR?

Therefore...it would seem quite stupid to me if Aton blocks the acquisition of Aveng by Murray and Roberts.

Is my reasoning sound?

Any comments? 

#830 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:35 PM

I think a lot of us peeps road the rollercoaster ride when the NPL's were trading. Since then its all gone pretty flat.

Still have faith in this share and will keep adding

#831 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

Great to have found this chat forum...never knew it existed. It seems that the questions i have about aquiring Aveng shares and the possible future of this company  and the involvemnt of MR and Aton's are being discussed here...Good  I will read the comments

#832 neptunenine

neptunenine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for your reply Polly, I will wait and hold instead of adding more for now.

#833 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

Aton obviously making sure they have the final say on MUR acquiring AVG...

However i wonder which was the cheaper alternative?

Buying that block of Aveng shares to vote against MUR acquiring AVG or just upping the offer to MUR from R17.00 to R21.00 to gain total control?

Me thinks they were not too clever cos if AVG goes bellyup, they will certainly loose more with this block buying of AVG. 

However they may see some value in AVG and probably hope some other bidder comes along so at least they can get something for their 25% share... Then this may be a clever and cheaper route to gain then acquiring MUR without the AVG deal...

Time will tell......

Anyway im sitting with 100000 AEG shares acquired free of charge from wheeling and dealing with their nil paid letters. So going belly up i dont lose, and if any offer comes along, i make something....

Definitely not adding.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#834 neptunenine

neptunenine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Would M&R not making a bid for Aveng, cause Aveng shares to drop significantly? It appears that even if they do make an offer, Aton can block the deal with it's 25%+ vote? I was looking to add more shares at 9c, but it is a complete gamble at this stage. Any thoughts ?

#835 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:45 PM

Could this be a very expensive (but cheeky) way that ATON prevents the merger between MUR and AEG? With 25% of the shares, can they not block any takeover offer? Also, their R17 offer is not unconditional yet. Maybe, just maybe … :huh:

ATON is playing chess here, they want to block MUR from acquiring AEG. We'll see how this plays out.

#836 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:37 PM

very very interesting.....no response from market yet! So first they taking over MUR...now Aeg??

Bloody surprised because they didn't want MUR to buy AEg.

Could this be a very expensive (but cheeky) way that ATON prevents the merger between MUR and AEG? With 25% of the shares, can they not block any takeover offer? Also, their R17 offer is not unconditional yet. Maybe, just maybe … :huh:  

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#837 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

Yip, 31mil shares traded today. Market like it

#838 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

moving up again....2c since news....excellent news

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#839 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

In accordance with Section 122 (3) (B) of the Companies Act 71 of 2008 (“the Act”) and Para 3.83 (B) of
the JSE Limited Listings Requirements, shareholders are hereby advised that Aveng has received formal
notification on 5 July 2018, that Aton GmbH and its wholly owned subsidiary Aton Austria Holdings
GmbH, have in aggregate, acquired an interest in the ordinary shares of Aveng, such that the total
interest in the ordinary shares of Aveng now amounts to 25.42% of the total issued ordinary shares of
Aveng.

very very interesting.....no response from market yet! So first they taking over MUR...now Aeg??

Bloody surprised because they didn't want MUR to buy AEg.

#840 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

What options do AEG have if MUR doesn't table an offer? MUR's SENS earlier stated that due diligence still needs to be done. This also means an offer is at least a few weeks away.

business as usual with better liquidity to do business with long term bond paid off. Think that MUR offer will be a bonus . Still lots of value here

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting