15225 replies to this topic

#4081 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 10:56 AM

Don't think I'd pay too much attention that, at one point they fair value for 4si was over R2...they fair value for 4si is now R0.71 and that changed within days

agreed....according to Simply my portfolio fair value is 7million.....on Excel it is worth ****....

#4082 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:33 AM

according to Simply Wall str.....Fair Value = R46.97....eish if only

Don't think I'd pay too much attention that, at one point they fair value for 4si was over R2...they fair value for 4si is now R0.71 and that changed within days

#4083 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:09 AM

well be sipping on green beers somewhere in the 🌎 ;)

#4084 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 08:34 AM

the Price closed a little higher today, I take that as a good sign by mr market

#4085 Junz

Junz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:22 PM

the Price closed a little higher today, I take that as a good sign by mr market

#4086 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:59 PM

Any news about the Court cases...when will we know the outcome

#4087 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 14 June 2021 - 08:27 AM

Steinhoff scandal: Nearly 4 years of investigations, several hundred statements - still no arrests https://www.news24.c...rrests-20210614

#4088 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 14 June 2021 - 08:21 AM

Also interesting is that Sharenet has changed analyst coverage from sell to 100% Buy. I've refreshed my page a few times now and it still goes 100% buy..... ? From a 100% sell.

that is interesting.

#4089 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:43 AM

From Ann Crotty: Finally, Steinhoff. Last week’s action in the Western Cape High Court was as fascinating as it was incomprehensible.

Thank goodness for Judge Lee Bozalek who gave voice to all those people trying to make sense of Steinhoff’s quirky deal-making.

"Does anybody who did not earn a fee from the restructuring proposal actually understand how the cashless loan from Lux Finco to Steinhoff actually works?"

It’s a shocking piece of accounting and legal work, and the increasingly obtuse attempts to explain it to Bozalek during last week’s court action proved just how shocking it was.

It was difficult not to feel enormous sympathy for the judge who was given a weekend to make sense of a 2 000-page document that was probably designed never to make sense to ‘outsiders’.

Haha poor Ann still does not get it!!!! Steinhoff has hired the best advjce thats why it was expensive!!!

Edited by DayTraderDad, 14 June 2021 - 07:44 AM.

#4090 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:35 AM

Also interesting is that Sharenet has changed analyst coverage from sell to 100% Buy. I've refreshed my page a few times now and it still goes 100% buy..... ? From a 100% sell.

Edited by sommerso, 14 June 2021 - 07:36 AM.

#4091 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 14 June 2021 - 07:29 AM

From Ann Crotty: Finally, Steinhoff. Last week’s action in the Western Cape High Court was as fascinating as it was incomprehensible.

Thank goodness for Judge Lee Bozalek who gave voice to all those people trying to make sense of Steinhoff’s quirky deal-making.

"Does anybody who did not earn a fee from the restructuring proposal actually understand how the cashless loan from Lux Finco to Steinhoff actually works?"

It’s a shocking piece of accounting and legal work, and the increasingly obtuse attempts to explain it to Bozalek during last week’s court action proved just how shocking it was.

It was difficult not to feel enormous sympathy for the judge who was given a weekend to make sense of a 2 000-page document that was probably designed never to make sense to ‘outsiders’.

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

#4092 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:03 AM

Steinhoff International appears to be finally ready to fire the starting gun on the sale of its Freedom Furniture business, hiring Melbourne-based Stratford... @ https://www.theaustr...71b202ae062a1e3

#4093 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:24 PM

Thanks, well this is indeed good news. Hamilton has one vote and thats it!!!!

Good news for me Hamilton wanted to cancel the CoR but they lost now simply have 1 representative. 1 down 1 to go!!!

Insert from SENS:

Shortly following the hearing Hamilton lodged an appeal against the 28 May 2021 decision of
the Court to appoint the CoR. SIHNV will continue its defence against any attempt to disrupt
the proposed global settlement and SIHNV’s ongoing SoP.

#4094 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 08:15 PM

Ruling of the court concerning the appointment of a member of the Committee of Representation on behalf of Hamilton @ https://steinhoffset...ease_10_may.pdf

Thanks, well this is indeed good news. Hamilton has one vote and thats it!!!!

#4095 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 11 June 2021 - 06:22 PM

Ruling of the court concerning the appointment of a member of the Committee of Representation on behalf of Hamilton @ https://steinhoffset...ease_10_may.pdf

#4096 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:07 PM

Trading Statement 2021 Interim Financial Statements @ https://www.sharenet...&seq=43&scode= 

with respect to SHFF......what "trading" is this referring to?.....is it the underlying companies owned by SNH?...and if so, why does SHFF report it and not SNH?

#4097 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:51 PM

As per Maandag.pdf = As die applikante slaag in sy aansoek om die waarborg en CPU nietig te verklaar, kan dit beteken Steinhoff se oorsese finansiële krediteure se skuld gaan nie terugbetaal word nie en dat ander skuldeisers meer kan kry in ’n skikkingsooreenkoms waarmee die groep tans besig is.

Other question remains what might happen regarding the Lancaster/Naidoo vs SARB case. The SARB might look and wait for the result in the Trevo/Hamilton case...

I am no expert on this, specifically not on the outcome potential of these cases. But I know that Sholto-Douglas(Hamilton/Trevo lawyer) does not lose often.

I get the same sense from the Judge questions. But, articles have mostly been written to show the negative side/outcome against Steinhoff.

#4098 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:27 PM

What is the possibility that Trevo & Hamilton can succeed with their court application in the Western  Cape and what will the impact be  on the Global Settlement Proposal of Steinhoff? Anyone with an answer

As per Maandag.pdf = As die applikante slaag in sy aansoek om die waarborg en CPU nietig te verklaar, kan dit beteken Steinhoff se oorsese finansiële krediteure se skuld gaan nie terugbetaal word nie en dat ander skuldeisers meer kan kry in ’n skikkingsooreenkoms waarmee die groep tans besig is.

Other question remains what might happen regarding the Lancaster/Naidoo vs SARB case. The SARB might look and wait for the result in the Trevo/Hamilton case...

Edited by Squideye, 10 June 2021 - 08:31 PM.

#4099 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:49 PM

Reading that PDF by Squideye regarding the progress of the case and the questions being asked by Judge Bozalek it looks like the Judge thinks Trevo & Hamilton might have a case?

#4100 Trader001

Trader001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:44 PM

What is the possibility that Trevo & Hamilton can succeed with their court application in the Western  Cape and what will the impact be  on the Global Settlement Proposal of Steinhoff? Anyone with an answer

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting