The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

Dont b emotional, we know this os a k.k share
By low sell high
Good to trade.
Lows and high have been relatively predictable.

Evolution poa restructure. If this is achieved....masiv IF....but massive upside
And ofcourse.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#7842 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

ok Waiters...just serve more green beer and wait!!!!

more like smoking pot if you invested here... or a screw loose!!

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#7843 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many emotional shareholders currently holding Steinhoff shares who thought they can 

Remember you only recognize a loss once you sell!! And it is impossible to find the right entry point or lowest share price to enter. 

disagee on both:

mostly gamblers..

and a loss is a loss realized or unrealized..

If you own a business and have a tin of jam that costs R10.00 and new price is R5.00....You need to write down your inventory by R5.00 and take the hit!!

I

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#7844 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

there your go Newbies..more of same............

watch Guru number 2 and 3..big culprits!!

Price is king.....everything else is folly and lies and misinformation....finish and klaar,,,,,,,From R20.00 i watched the pumpers pump this....and warned!!!

#7845 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:09 PM

Another point to consider regarding the share price. We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many emotional shareholders currently holding Steinhoff shares who thought they can make some quick bucks and then move on. Steinhoff is massive and a proper remediation plan takes years to implement. This is a long term investment and not a share to quickly makes some money. 90% of all Day traders (Individuals) make losses. 

Do your research and then decide if the share fits your portfolio regarding risks etc. Don't buy in for quick bucks. . .

Looking at KAP - Look at the share price before Steinhoff sold the 25% holding it was sitting at around 7 rand. Now with the bigger free float and emotional shareholders the price will drop and it continues to drop as trader/investors loose faith. Currently sitting at 5 rand i think if I'm correct.

So for me the most important thing is to get the CVA sorted get some major investors on board who might buy up a substantial portion of Steinhoff and you will see how this share will rise. 

Too many shares in the hand of emotional shareholders is the death of any share price. 

Remember you only recognize a loss once you sell!! And it is impossible to find the right entry point or lowest share price to enter. 

Andi222 I agree clever management sold out at the right time!!!

#7846 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:01 PM

How is this share being down 4% for the last 30 days any different from a whole bunch of other equities being down by a similar margin? 

The difference is the hate for SNH. The failure to understand the Rand influence on the price because if the Rand was trading at R16.60 the price today would be R1.28 .

On his article Sarel  stated due to the bigger volumes traded in Frankfurt price is set there so Rand plays a roll on the JSE price. 

Now what one need to workout what will be the RAND-EUR RoE on a downgrade????

But again I will be told that I talk KaK  a liar a fraudster etc but all I am doing is pointing out facts!!!

#7847 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

No M...he was conned to buy here as a newbie with all the misinformation , lies and pumping......( plenty others too)
only when L started listening to advise on investing and trading did he really understand how it works...hence what he is saying now is good info....learn!!

he did lose money but imo due to no fault of his!!! this was a pump thread frm the word go....and add and add..... Told u only gamblers here...and of cos dumpers conning the newbies...black and white...They pump the share in and when price rises...dumped!! poor newbies carrying the BAG!!!!

Learn and understand so it does not happen to you!!

Serious! Conned? Despite all the warnings by almost everyone that everyone else is a con artist.
So Lionel, since your are clearly a certified victim. Please identify the person that pointed a gun at you and made you click that buy button.

Otherwise more fake news.

Wish I was a con artist and could con you into going back to your clean thread

#7848 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:36 PM

Dont deal in small caps except jubilee and mcz in equities and they small amounts in my portfolio.. i don't see how anyone with snh can see when reached a bottom to buy...unless someone knows something i dont impossible to judge

#7849 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

And to add to this, I was contemplating adding at R1. 30, my avg then was R1. 80. I calculated adding 2.5times my initial investment to get my avg to R1. 60....that run up only went to R1. 50, if I added then I would've been screwed now.

2 things stopped me.... Pollys awesome views to which I paid attention to.... And 2nd I would've been bankrupt adding 2.5times my initial investment.

Buy on the up... Not on the dip as we do not know the bottom.... I've learnt from this share, ppc and aveng

#7850 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

Another point to consider regarding the share price. We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many emotional shareholders currently holding Steinhoff shares who thought they can make some quick bucks and then move on. Steinhoff is massive and a proper remediation plan takes years to implement. This is a long term investment and not a share to quickly makes some money. 90% of all Day traders (Individuals) make losses. 

Do your research and then decide if the share fits your portfolio regarding risks etc. Don't buy in for quick bucks. . .

Looking at KAP - Look at the share price before Steinhoff sold the 25% holding it was sitting at around 7 rand. Now with the bigger free float and emotional shareholders the price will drop and it continues to drop as trader/investors loose faith. Currently sitting at 5 rand i think if I'm correct.

So for me the most important thing is to get the CVA sorted get some major investors on board who might buy up a substantial portion of Steinhoff and you will see how this share will rise. 

Too many shares in the hand of emotional shareholders is the death of any share price. 

#7851 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

No M...he was conned to buy here as a newbie with all the misinformation , lies and pumping......( plenty others too)
only when L started listening to advise on investing and trading did he really understand how it works...hence what he is saying now is good info....learn!!

he did lose money but imo due to no fault of his!!! this was a pump thread frm the word go....and add and add..... Told u only gamblers here...and of cos dumpers conning the newbies...black and white...They pump the share in and when price rises...dumped!! poor newbies carrying the BAG!!!!

Correct...

And if LarryK is still around, he said he added last at R1.30 something in anticipation for the up run.... It did run up to R1.50 or so and then dump!

I encourage absolutely nobody to sell at loss, all I am saying is if you wish to add more or buy in... Wait for Mr Market to start talking the pump

#7852 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:07 PM

Just a reminder for those of you that are selling their shares at the moment. Message from management:

Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. (the "Company" or "Steinhoff") and with its subsidiaries, the "Group")

Message from the Management Board

We remain on a journey to address past deficiencies, to restore trust in the Group and to build a recovery in value for our stakeholders.

While our work is far from finished, and tough tasks still lie ahead, we can be clear that progress was made in the first half of the financial year. We continued our essential effort to stabilise the Group,
progressing the complex and technical work necessary to complete our financial restructuring, while also helping to enhance the long-term stability and growth prospects of our operating companies.

We are also clear that, at the operating company level, the Group retains significant strengths as a well-diversified global retail business with a number of strong local brands and leading positions in
attractive growth markets
. Some of our individual businesses, such as Pepkor Africa and Pepkor Europe continue to perform robustly, while others remain in turnaround but are reporting more
encouraging recent trade, such as Mattress Firm. There is value within the Group and, during the first half, we took the first steps on the long journey to restoring it.

Remediation Plan
We are seeking to build on the progress made to date to strengthen our recovery, with the clear objective of stabilising the Group in a way that ensures the long-term security and growth of its
underlying operations, maximises stakeholder returns and protect value. This will enable the Group to establish a new foundation for increasing free cash generation, to reduce the level of debt and,
over time, to create value for stakeholders.

Outlook
As we look back on the progress made in the first half, we are both realistic and encouraged in our outlook. Realistic because we know that uncertainties persist and we still face many tough challenges
on the road to rehabilitation but encouraged that progress has been made and the next phase of our recovery is beginning to come into focus.
The hard work on the financial restructuring in the first half and prior periods will, in all likelihood, shortly come to fruition, bringing with it the stability that will allow us to turn the page and concentrate fully on maximising value from our operating companies.

While trading conditions in the period ahead will reflect a tougher global economy, at operating level Steinhoff remains a geographically well-diversified, global retail group providing everyday products at affordable prices, through a stable of strong local brands. Businesses such as Pepkor Africa and Pepkor Europe continue to grow strongly while others such as Mattress Firm and Conforama remain in turnaround but retain strong market positions and significant recovery potential.

Our strategic direction is clear: we will focus on our operations, realise value where appropriate and plan to reduce our debt levels.

There is much to do but we have a plan and a belief in the ability of this business and its people to deliver it.

Just think about it for a second, management wouldn't chuck out a message like this to the market if they weren't 100% there is significant growth and value in this business.  So keep calm if you have Steinhoff shares and wait for 2-5 years. I believe in this company and so does management. 

#7853 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

https://www.moneyweb...ts-keep-diving/

Don't get me wrong, SNH has enough ammo to do damage to itself, but one cannot ignore the fact that everyone is bleeding at the moment. 

#7854 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

Moral of the story.... Don't **** with Mr Market...if its going down, be PATIENT before u buy in, wait for that uptrend IF it ever happens... R1.17 and still dropping

Hindsight is an exact science. 

#7855 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:51 PM

How is this share being down 4% for the last 30 days any different from a whole bunch of other equities being down by a similar margin? 

#7856 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:44 PM

Excuse my asking but didn't you loose a sh t load on this share according to your clean thread...and now giving advise...this is danger of these threads some knowledgable and others commenting not...no disrespect meant...

No M...he was conned to buy here as a newbie with all the misinformation , lies  and pumping......( plenty others too)

he did lose money but imo due to no fault of his!!! this was a pump thread frm the word go....and add and add..... Told u only gamblers here...and of cos dumpers conning the newbies...black and white...They pump the share  in and when price rises...dumped!! poor newbies carrying the BAG!!!!

#7857 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:12 PM

Huh...?

#7858 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

Excuse my asking but didn't you loose a sh t load on this share according to your clean thread...and now giving advise...this is danger of these threads some knowledgable and others commenting not...no disrespect meant...

But u should know what I'm talking about Ms Jet... With your investment in ellies... I looked at the share same time u bought,... Was 30c at the time.... Now 12c, and not to mention BLU.. And no I did not buy :D and I'm not comparing current situations with the different companies,

I'm commenting on MARKET trend, when it's consistently down, chill before u buy in

#7859 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

#7860 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

Moral of the story.... Don't **** with Mr Market...if its going down, be PATIENT before u buy in, wait for that uptrend IF it ever happens... R1.17 and still dropping

and don't get fooled with Mr Market and this special share.... I reckon uptrend must continue for atleast a month... to call it a uptrend

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting