15225 replies to this topic

#7861 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

Moral of the story.... Don't **** with Mr Market...if its going down, be PATIENT before u buy in, wait for that uptrend IF it ever happens... R1.17 and still dropping

#7862 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

I've learned a few things, the hard way.

When it's too good to be true...well, you know the rest.

Over trading is a disease.

Do your own thorough research and corroborate where info seems skeptical.

Don't be greedy.

The end.

Yours sincerely

Me

hello...you must be Lionel or/and TOM and or Polly in disguise...  :D  :D

Well Leo you were the first one that messaged me that this going to bust 2 years ago....Well done on your shorts!!

Think to make it easier for the newbies to understand you should put his phrase in simpler English

"Do your own thorough research and corroborate where info seems skeptical."

What does that actually mean....same as ive been saying all along huh?? Speak my language please!!

Edited by Polly, 24 July 2019 - 11:58 AM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#7863 Tetonka

Tetonka

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:56 AM

Also guilty of this one.  :blink:

#7864 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

I've learned a few things, the hard way.

When it's too good to be true...well, you know the rest.

Do your own thorough research and corroborate where info seems skeptical.

Don't be greedy.

The end.

Yours sincerely

Me

#7865 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:30 AM

R1.18  :ph34r:  :blink:  :o

E0.0770 x R15.49 = R1.19

#7866 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:11 AM

R1.18  :ph34r:  :blink:  :o

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#7867 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

Interesting article:

Besieged Deloitte fights back
The audit firm, already under scrutiny with Steinhoff and Tongaat, isn’t rolling over and playing dead

Highlights:

"Part of the problem is that the African Bank hearing has taken forever. Irba delivered its evidence last year, and it has taken until now for Deloitte to challenge those claims. Here, it may be a case of accountability delayed is accountability denied.

After a two-year investigation, Irba’s main claim is that Deloitte failed to apply "professional scepticism". It says Deloitte’s auditors breached numerous auditing standards when they gave a clean audit to African Bank in 2013, despite a long list of inaccuracies in the bank’s accounts. These inaccuracies ranged from underestimating the bank’s bad loans to overestimating its future cash flows — all of which created a false picture of its profitability."

"Back in 2016, Deloitte’s auditors had warned then African Bank CEO Leon Kirkinis that the bank’s impairments were "aggressive and, overall, less prudent than generally accepted banking practice", according to Myburgh’s report. But despite those reservations, Deloitte claimed that the bank’s projections still passed the auditing firm’s own stress tests."

"Another issue for which Deloitte faced scrutiny was its handling of African Bank’s R5.5bn rights issue in 2013, and a R493m loan it made to its furniture subsidiary Ellerines. At the time, there was uncertainty about whether Ellerines would be able to survive, so it was arguably reckless for African Bank to lend it money."

"Over the next two months, as the inquiry hots up, the two parties will call more experts to the stand. But given how contested the issue is already, it is safe to say it is still going to be a long wait before investors get the sort of accountability they’ve been craving."

Edited by DayTraderDad, 24 July 2019 - 09:48 AM.

#7868 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:50 PM

https://www.iol.co.z...-board-29679669

Good article, cleaning of the old mess will soon be the past of Steinhoff. I think August will be the turnaround where the past will be set aside and the future Steinhoff will rise. 

#7869 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

Cw poor investment choises in mf will come to roost. His expectation to be reimbursed for value eroded is rediculous. He representd the snh brand that coopted many investors.
Sure there was fraud but since 2015 this entity was failing... need to understand the inpact to share price without profit misrepresentation and the invetible share decline following the poor results after 2015.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#7870 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:22 PM

Is my post about ABIL article is misleading why are then  lawyers going after CW? Is it because he committed fraud??? Or because he was Chairman???

suggest people read this article to become informed:

https://www.biznews....-action-lawsuit

#7871 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

And yea ur response will probably be I'm a day trader bla blah kak... Go join ur captain con, he probably found another forum where they appreciate his bs

Why are you insulting Captain82? He forecasted the EBIDA and was only 6 mil out. That was a good achievement but yet you still insult him.

What exactly input have you given to this thread with figures yet you call him a bullsh!ter?

It is actually very sad that Captain82 left because he was posting great thoughts  now all we have is stupid fighting with very little if any insight only own opinions that basically mean nothing because you and Polly (which by the way the same person) did not like it then the insults.

What amazes me is what are you guys gaining from this with all the bullsh!t of looking after the so called newbies. Are you guys assuming newbies are stupid people ???

#7872 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

as usual you a joke trying to play victim again...Go see my other threads which you destroyed!!

If you post honest opinions fine...but misleading info you will called out..again and again!!!

There was nothing misleading its is your own mind and you just want to be right all the time everybody else don't have a right to opinion its only POLLY THE TROLL that knows everything!!!!

Your post was full of speculation because there was zero facts so what makes you think you not miss leading???? Its only your opinion and warped mind that lacks the simple principle of respecting people and to stop being a bully on the chatroom!!!

#7873 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:32 PM

And yea ur response will probably be I'm a day trader bla blah kak... Go join ur captain con, he probably found another forum where they appreciate his bs

Hahaha sad story when one is mentally sick!!!

#7874 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

DTD u post mostly kak, u been caught out lying over and over again, sad to say ur predictions has been absolutely useless, u play with numbers like a child

I do admire u being faithful to steinhoff.... But answer this 1 question with honesty.... If u can.... Have u made money of this share on the long... Or the short?.... Rhetorical question as we know the answer

#7875 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:42 PM

I agree totally this is destroying the thread and a very sad day because a person cannot post his own thoughts without being attached or insulted.

DTD u post mostly kak, u been caught out lying over and over again, sad to say ur predictions has been absolutely useless, u play with numbers like a child

I do admire u being faithful to steinhoff.... But answer this 1 question with honesty.... If u can.... Have u made money of this share on the long... Or the short?.... Rhetorical question as we know the answer

#7876 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

I agree totally this is destroying the thread and a very sad day because a person cannot post his own thoughts without being attached or insulted.

as usual you a joke trying to play victim again...Go see my other threads which you destroyed!!

If you post honest opinions fine...but misleading info you will called out..again and again!!!

#7877 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

You two are actually ruining this topic for those who are genuinely interested in learning.

I find myself just scrolling over your responses. It's getting tedious. Please do it elsewhere 

#7878 Alex_the_Great

Alex_the_Great

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:37 PM

You two are actually ruining this topic for those who are genuinely interested in learning.

I find myself just scrolling over your responses. It's getting tedious. Please do it elsewhere 

#7879 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:52 AM

Try this ...type...type..type....and discard

Lets keep this chat to guide thougts on trends

trend had been down from time MJ jumped ship...R1.20 on board now....

#7880 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:24 AM

Try this ...type...type..type....and discard

Lets keep this chat to guide thougts on trends

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting