15225 replies to this topic

#8061 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:37 PM

It is an interesting article.  Very well written as well. 

Her questions and concerns are valid, even if she is over-stretching the bit where she says that "tax liability could be the torpedo that ultimately sinks the ship".

But, why does she still hold shares in Steinhoff?

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

Yes I agree its so bad but I cannot resit need to have shares in SNH!!

My question if prices are over inflated with massive right downs is there not going to be a tax benefit instead of a tax loss.

A while (tried to find the article but no luck) back read an article that said there is talk of a tax benefit of E2 bil don't know how true that is.

Regards,

DTD

#8062 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:31 PM

Studied psychology..you enabling...cut that cord and you will be done ...free and on own path again ....whew whew in dollars

Hi Midas1 thank you for the advise and I agree fully under normal circumstances would have ignored those two but the reason I am standing up is I feel that if we just let it go then bullies like them take over. I have noted the sharp tongue that they used often to other people making comments. This remind me at school we had a guy with black belt Karate that used to bully everybody and one day a quite guy could not take the bulling any longer got up and confronted the guy . Needles to say out comes the usual rants from the bully be careful I have black belt and before he could say you will get hurt the quite guy smacked him hard between the eyes and bully fell to the ground. Then the quite guy said "Sorry forgot to tell you I am a boxing champ" It was from that day that the bully shut up and became a good person so I am still living in hope that one day both of them will realise that is good to have constructive opposite views but done with respect.

#8063 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:08 AM

What is this thing you have for the Polly fruitcake? Oh yes, I nearly forget about the dog and pony shows all over the place, and the lust for newbies to be misled and taken to the shearing shed. Here newbie, come newbie, learn how to do as you are told newbie. Think like I tell you and we will get along just fine. I might even PM you and tell you about the secret stuff.

You can trust all the posters here, especially those that have lots of friends that think like them, and praise each other. Even if they are all anonymous and obviously got some ulterior motive.

Price is the living entity of complete freedom. Price does not have to do anything.  Dont force it to confirm to your rules . You are not in charge!!

I see you and many others wanting to make demends on price for an assortment of reason here...

PRICE IS LAUGHING AT YOU....just thought youll should know!!  :)  :D  ;)

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#8064 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:59 AM

and to give my 2cents to my fellow newbies who might get sucked in by the bullshitters

Andis posts seems geniune...i feel he focuses too much on numbers tho, it is not just about the numbers but he does give good knowledge

Captain Cons posts.....very knowledgeable.....big question mark tho

Polly's posts......very good

and DTD......very dangerous.....too much green beer!

What is this thing you have for the Polly fruitcake? Oh yes, I nearly forget about the dog and pony shows all over the place, and the lust for newbies to be misled and taken to the shearing shed. Here newbie, come newbie, learn how to do as you are told newbie. Think like I tell you and we will get along just fine. I might even PM you and tell you about the secret stuff.

You can trust all the posters here, especially those that have lots of friends that think like them, and praise each other. Even if they are all anonymous and obviously got some ulterior motive.

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#8065 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

Another interesting article:

https://citizen.co.z...-was-he-pushed/

"by mutual consent" = "Pushed"

#8066 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Extract from the Ariva Forum: From NoCapital and Godhimself81:

"Analysis:

Page 138 shows the consolidated balance sheet, as at 30 September 2018 the Group reported cash and cash equivalents of 1275 million. In addition, there are actually another 100 million from the subsidiaries and investments "held-for-sale", with more to come later.

On the opposite side, there are a total of 10.3 billion gross debts (interest gearing). After rounding, net debt thus amounts to approx. 9.1 billion. All this is clearly stated in the tables and also in numerous texts.

But now it becomes interesting as far as the divestments and the corresponding cash flow are concerned:

1) For Kika-Leiner no cash-relevant incoming payments have yet been booked, the purchase price of 397 million is still booked under Receivables as of the balance sheet date, see page 149, Notes 1.4 and 12 respectively. This will further increase the cash position in H1/19.

2) Early bird fees, LUA fees etc. have already been recorded in balance sheet 18, even if they will only be paid in the future. These are therefore already cash-neutral and will no longer burden the income statement in 19.

3) Page 275, Notes 34 are extremely important, here the assets held for sale are listed in detail, in detail POCO (which again proves that no cash flow has yet been booked here, because the "totals" for assets and liabilities correspond to those on page 138 with which we initially started), the automotive branch, Mattress Firm, Steinpol and a smaller item "Other". All this has a ridiculous book value of only 641 million, if POCO were deducted, it would be only 370 million. I would like to break down my assumptions: 370 million will be generated in the automotive segment alone (at least for 100%, at first only about 75% will be sold). MF will be worth after Ch11 and for about 50% at least 700 million (book value 95 million), otherwise from my point of view no sale under this sum is worthwhile. At Steinpol, the 17th balance sheet still contained an enterprise value of 26.5 million less 9 million, if necessary, we assume 20 million. Book value for Steinpol is valued negatively. There are also some 0.3 billion in interest-bearing debt, although this is already shown separately and is no longer included in the 10.3 billion mentioned above.
In total, we will therefore be able to generate approximately 720 million more revenues than net book values were estimated. These sales alone can more than offset the current negative equity of shareholders.

4) Conforama: Anyone expecting further write-downs here has not yet looked at the balance sheet. Page 177 provides information on this, where goodwill is already stated at zero and brand values at 200 million. What else is there to write off in a great way? Internal debt is not a problem, as it is fully consolidated and therefore neutral. If Conforama is sold, then I expect that Conforama's internal debt to SEAG (after a repayment now only 1.4 billion, see Announcements) will be cancelled. Thus Conforama would again be worth approx. 1.4 billion. With these debts, the value can currently be seen at zero (EK -0.5 billion as of 31.12.2018, currently rather lower). Whether Seifert will then still get 25% and in what form (from a negative book value?), I don't look at it as decisive for the outcome. Of course, we want this to be prevented.

5) There were and are of course other bigger and smaller events. We will see these with the balance sheet. But we already know, for example, about the KAP sale for 293 million.

So let's add it up:
Cash 1275 million
Kika-Leiner 397 million
POCO 271 million
Further sales, see Note 3: 370 million + 720 million = 1090 million
CAP 293 million

Excluding other influences (high costs, but positive cash flow apart from interest payments), this will probably result in a cash position of around 3.3 billion at the end of 2019. I assume that between 2 billion and 2.6 billion can be used for repayments. The rest remains in cash.

Anyway, the net debt is suddenly only 7 billion ! We continue to have negative effects, but with the inclusion of a sale of Conforama and rather conservative than optimistic assumptions, I think it is feasible to achieve a net debt of 6.5 billion in the medium term.

The last few days here was an example of a forist with a Net Debt : EBITDA ratio of 8 as a critical limit. For Steinhoff, this would mean an EBITDA of approx. 810 million. Well, we almost achieved that in 2018, the year of our fate, under extremely adverse conditions for "continued operations"...

I still consider the turnaround feasible, even if the CVA would have no direct effect on the existing debt burden. However, this could contain further surprises in our sense.

Don't be alarmed by the current negative book value of Steinhoff. The management's plan is visible and feasible and soon we will hear more positive news and figures..."

Very good points made. Quote from another form #191468

#8067 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:42 AM

It is an interesting article.  Very well written as well. 

Her questions and concerns are valid, even if she is over-stretching the bit where she says that "tax liability could be the torpedo that ultimately sinks the ship".

But, why does she still hold shares in Steinhoff?

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#8068 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:30 AM

Snippit, on 10 Jul 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:snapback.png

With every sell leaning post my lean towards the buy increases

Haha agree the people that are so focus on sell and keep on trying to convince others is because they inside  feel they should be buying  don't have the commitments so keep on posting negativity to make them feel correct.

A person that is educated about a share either buys or sells with commitment.

#8069 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:22 AM

#8070 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Some news on Conforama. The interesting part the plan to pay down the E1.7 bil by E800 and planned mobilisation for Thursday.

onforama: after the social plan, the sale of stores?
The creditors of the furniture brand would think of several scenarios and would like to take advantage of the group's real estate assets, reveals "Le Parisien". By LePoint.fr

The announcement made a splash last week. And it could be the first of a long series. On 1 June, Conforama unveiled a major restructuring plan for 2020. The furniture brand plans to cut 1,900 jobs in France and close 32 Conforama stores and ten Maison Dépôt points of sale out of the 235 establishments located in the company. Hexagon. The Parisian reveals that an emergency meeting was held on the board of directors Tuesday, July 9 during which members of the board learned of the dismissal of the CEO of the group Frank Deshayes. It was he who, in October 2018, had tried to recover the company by presenting a plan of "reversal".

"It's a snub for him and for us. He was one of the only leaders to whom the employees still had a little confidence. It had been two years since he was struggling to restart the business, "said Mouloud Hammour, secretary of the central committee of Force Ouvrière, daily. According to another CGT official, the plan announced by Conforama last week could announce another plan of greater scope. The unions fear that the creditors of the group favor stores based in Europe rather than those in France . Conforama's sales decreased by 4% in France. On the other hand, the results of other European stores are much more encouraging.

The envisaged cut-up sale
To offset the debt of 1.7 billion euros, they would consider two scenarios: "the sale of real estate to the cutting of the weight of the company, its employees and its expenses, and the sale of European subsidiaries of Conforama ". This move could yield 800 million euros, according to Bloomberg calculations . The creditors have indeed owned the real estate assets of the group since a judgment of April 11, 2019.

Conforama is in a very delicate situation. The South African conglomerate Steinhoff, owner of the furniture brand, is involved in several court cases around the world. In particular, he is accused of falsifying his results in 2017. Steinhoff owns more than 40 banners. Many investigations were opened after the group admitted accounting irregularities in December 2017. The CGT Federation of Trade and Services called Thursday for a mobilization of all stores Conforama de France at the time of the meeting of the central committee. business.

#8071 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

hahaha too scared to take action......ur a cake bro. GAMBLERS KNOW WHEN TO STOP..........i took a gamble, it did not pay off, i stopped!

my reasons for selling came after reading the management report on AFS 2018 so i sold and used those monies to buy new trucks for my business (real business)....my trucks are getting delivered tomorrow btw, you should come visit. i'll show you how scared i am in investing millions!!!....infact i'll even put you thru my workshop as i believe you have a few nuts and bolts loose in your head.....they will fix u up there......i have all the tools  :D

Well done Lionel good for you best news I could get today because was worried about you pumping SNH is not a good idea. Thanks I like the screws the was they are works for me. Sorry cannot make it to Joburg I still like to play with matchbox cars and trucks anyway have fun. I guess you must have bought a box full of trucks should be a nice play!!!

#8072 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

i hear you. thanks

#8073 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

The answer I got from Steinhoff regarding a possible trading statement:

"While the group is not in a position to speculate on its expected earnings performance, please note that Steinhoff is primary listed in Frankfurt and therefore the group complies with Frankfurt disclosure requirements."

We will all have to wait till Friday.

#8074 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:36 AM

I see the time to buy approaches. This is indicated by the incessant stories and reasonings about selling. These anonymous chat forums are great tools for those players that want to put punters on the wrong foot. You know the type, brokers and such.

ah snippy i forgot about you.........looking at the sideway movement of share price for past couple days the market is waiting on news yes?....and from what i experienced, good news go up (but then followed by a huge drop!), bad news it can still fall lower

how confident are you in saying it is a buy signal?

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html

#8075 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:09 AM

I see the time to buy approaches. This is indicated by the incessant stories and reasonings about selling. These anonymous chat forums are great tools for those players that want to put punters on the wrong foot. You know the type, brokers and such.

ah snippy i forgot about you.........looking at the sideway movement of share price for past couple days the market is waiting on news yes?....and from what i experienced, good news go up (but then followed by a huge drop!), bad news it can still fall lower

how confident are you in saying it is a buy signal?

#8076 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:48 AM

Edited by Snippit, 10 July 2019 - 07:49 AM.

#8077 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:22 AM

and to give my 2cents to my fellow newbies who might get sucked in by the bullshitters

Andis posts seems geniune...i feel he focuses too much on numbers tho, it is not just about the numbers but he does give good knowledge

Captain Cons posts.....very knowledgeable.....big question mark tho

Polly's posts......very good

and DTD......very dangerous.....too much green beer!

#8078 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:19 AM

hahaha too scared to take action......ur a cake bro. GAMBLERS KNOW WHEN TO STOP..........i took a gamble, it did not pay off, i stopped!

my reasons for selling came after reading the management report on AFS 2018 so i sold and used those monies to buy new trucks for my business (real business)....my trucks are getting delivered tomorrow btw, you should come visit. i'll show you how scared i am in investing millions!!!....infact i'll even put you thru my workshop as i believe you have a few nuts and bolts loose in your head.....they will fix u up there......i have all the tools  :D

PS....bring your friend Captain america along as well.....he ignores my invites

#8079 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:17 AM

Yes the problem with you is inside you are in conflict with yourself because you know you should buy but other people influenced you not to and so you have dilemma  that's why you always looking and commenting but too scared to take action.

#8080 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:45 PM

Studied psychology..you enabling...cut that cord and you will be done ...free and on own path again ....whew whew in dollars 😁

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting