15225 replies to this topic

#8401 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

I think auditors signing of the 2018 financials with an unqualified opinion would go a long way to support the share price... irrespective of what the figures tells us...

I agree that would be a good result!! Anyway time running out to buy or not to buy!!!!

#8402 Polla

Polla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

I think auditors signing of the 2018 financials with an unqualified opinion would go a long way to support the share price... irrespective of what the figures tells us...

#8403 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

When the AFS 2017 came out the price run up then came crushing down.
Could we be seeing the opposite here?? price falling to close the gap at R1.41 then race up???

Any one else joining on the green beer thoughts!!!

#8404 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

The Company announced it has entered into a supply agreement with Mattress Firm, Inc. ("Mattress Firm"), the largest specialty mattress retailer in North America, to reintroduce Tempur-Pedic, Stearns & Foster, and Sealy branded products into approximately 2,500 Mattress Firm stores across the United States. This agreement represents a significant opportunity for both companies. This agreement reunites some of the strongest bedding brands with the more than three million people a year that find their right sleep solution at Mattress Firm. The reintroduction of products into Mattress Firm stores is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2019 and to be completed early in the first quarter of 2020.

#8405 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:57 PM

First good news for today: Tempur Sealy enter agreement with Mattress Firm:

tpxpressreleaseexpand_image1.gif

TEMPUR SEALY EXPANDS GLOBAL RETAIL DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
- Company signs new long-term supply agreements with Mattress Firm and Big Lots in the U.S. and Beter Bed Holding in Europe

LEXINGTON, KY, June 18, 2019 – Tempur Sealy International, Inc. (NYSE:TPX, the “Company”) is broadening distribution of its bedding products by entering into two new third-party retail relationships and expanding an existing retailer relationship. The additional net sales from these three supply agreements are expected to be in excess of $400 million on an annual run rate basis once product launches are completed. The impact on the Company’s previously announced adjusted EBITDA guidance for 2019 is not expected to be material, with an initial estimate of incremental annual adjusted EBITDA benefit in the range of $75 million to $100 million beginning in 2020.

The Company announced it has entered into a supply agreement with Mattress Firm, Inc. ("Mattress Firm"), the largest specialty mattress retailer in North America, to reintroduce Tempur-Pedic, Stearns & Foster, and Sealy branded products into approximately 2,500 Mattress Firm stores across the United States. This agreement represents a significant opportunity for both companies. This agreement reunites some of the strongest bedding brands with the more than three million people a year that find their right sleep solution at Mattress Firm. The reintroduction of products into Mattress Firm stores is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2019 and to be completed early in the first quarter of 2020.

The Company also announced the recent expansion in its long-term supply agreement with Big Lots, Inc. (“Big Lots”), a 1,400-store retailer in the United States. This agreement is expected to grow the sales of entry-level Sealy products and to drive unit volume, primarily in the below $1,000 retail price point, a segment that has been a recent focus of the Company. Big Lots’ growing partnership with Sealy is evidence of the investments in product quality and manufacturing reliability that Sealy has made in recent years. Sealy’s launch of new products with Big Lots is expected to be complete by year end 2019.

As previously announced, the Company also recently extended its European retail distribution network by reaching a supply agreement with Beter Bed Holding, one of Europe’s leading bedding retailers. The launch of new products with Beter Bed Holding is expected to be complete by the end of 2019, and initially will include over 100 stores.

Tempur Sealy International, Inc. Chairman, President and CEO Scott Thompson commented, “The expansion of our distribution is a testament to the strength of our brands, coupled with reliable manufacturing and quality service. Our premium brands and innovative products have allowed us to service a growing customer base. We expect these newly reported transactions will have a positive impact on expanding our brands’ share of voice in the market and in leveraging our cost structure. Aligning with quality third-party retailers in a win-win structure is consistent with our distribution strategy.”

Thompson added, “While the most important aspect of our worldwide omni-channel distribution strategy is third-party retail distribution, we continue to pursue our highly successful direct to consumer initiatives, both online and through company-owned retail stores. Furthermore, the Company has also embarked on an initiative to capture additional market share in emerging e-commerce and big box retailer channels as a continuation of our focus to be wherever the customer wants to shop.“
The Company will hold a conference call on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time, to discuss further details regarding this release.

The dial-in number for the conference call is (800) 850-2903. The dial-in for international callers is (224) 357-2399. The call is also being webcast and can be accessed on the investor relations section of the Company's website, www.tempursealy.com. After the conference call, a webcast replay will remain available on the investor relations section of the Company's website for 30 days.

#8406 Polla

Polla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

Agree there are forces opposing each other on the question to buy or not to buy!!!

For me either way today will be the possible worse scenario form SNH once it hit bottom will be the long rise!!!

The big question what will be bottom any ideas???

What the bottom would be can be anyones guess... but I reckon the long rise will start somewhere in August this year... just my gutt-feeling looking at all the dates for information yet to come...

#8407 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

Haha who knows but bix tissues pkys beer excellent plan ! Either way you covered....celebratory dance or ball your eyes out and down sorrows 😁 dont know why and on no grounds but have crazy idea could jump up

#8408 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:36 PM

Snh...suspense at its best...be good to see how the numbers play out based on all the chats this far....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Agree there are forces opposing each other on the question to buy or not to buy!!!

For me either way today will be the possible worse scenario form SNH once it hit bottom will be the long rise!!!

The big question what will be bottom any ideas???

#8409 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

I'm ready for some green beer now.......

Hahah I bought a whole case of green beer and two boxes of tissues!!!

Edited by DayTraderDad, 18 June 2019 - 03:08 PM.

#8410 Polla

Polla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

Snh...suspense at its best...be good to see how the numbers play out based on all the chats this far....

I'm ready for some green beer now.......

#8411 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

#8412 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

Its looking like a R1.55 open tomorrow!!!

#8413 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

For me if results come out in the morning then are good, if come out after close not so good but at midnight then real bad!!!

#8414 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

Tomorrow is d day part 1. Looks like nothing has leaked the market yet. A big plus to management.

Its a first time have not seen share volumes increase preceeding the run up to the announcement...this trend was consistent sine dec 2017 lenders presentation. And of course the subsequent dumping....perhaps this could in fat be the stability to build off from the base....interesting times

#8415 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Tomorrow is d day part 1. Looks like nothing has leaked the market yet. A big plus to management.

#8416 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:27 AM

https://www.moneyweb...-more-patience/

If embattled retailer took all the damage in 2016 and 2017, the 2018 results due out soon may help its share price.

#8417 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:22 PM

Hi Milo,

From below I read there will be a combine presentation after the release of 2018 result and date to confirm.
Thus looks like results could come at midnight then some date later a presentation.

Quote from last SENS:

On 7 May 2019 the Company published its audited consolidated financial statements for the
year ended 30 September 2017. The finalisation of the Group's consolidated financial
statements for the year ended 30 September 2018 continues to progress well, and the results
remain scheduled to be released on Tuesday, 18 June 2019. As previously announced, the
Company decided not to hold a press conference or webcast for the 2017 results but will
schedule a combined presentation after the release of the 2018 results on a date to be
confirmed.

#8418 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:43 AM

I also think we will see a nice little increase until AFS for 2018 are released. Day by day. Wonder if they will release AFS again at Midnight haha. 

There will be a presentation and press conference this time so not at midnight. Maybe if the journalist gets tea and biscuits they will write something nice about Steinhoff.

#8419 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

Hi Captain,

sorry used the wrong term there. Should have used stand still of stores or not trading.

But interesting that they even managed to up the total number of stores during this period.

#8420 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

Hi DTD,

I wouldn't put too much value on the NAV for a retailer. I mean they have written so much value off but all these write-offs where of a non-cash basis. So actually no impact for the business. 

My focus lies on the revenue and the most important one the sustainable EBITDA. I think that revenue will come in at between 16.5 and 17.5 Billion euro. I hope EBITDA will come in between 650 and 750 Million euro. 

If I can see these figures and maybe some higher figures I will top up my holding. If the number are below that I will reconsider and wait for HJ 2019.

But if they can produce those number I mentioned above in 2018 which was a really tough year for Steinhoff we will see this share climb very hard in near future. 

Remember there was no dilution in shares nor where any shops closed during this tough time. If you look at company's that went bust all had big share dilutions or their operations have stopped. 

Thumbs crossed for next week.

Hi Andi222,

It is not correct to state that they did not close any stores.  They closed a number of shops across the world .  Across the Group they opened 438 stores but closed 276

Outside South Africa, household good closed (186) three times the number of stores they opened (62).

General Merchandise opened 148 and closed 28.

Star opened 216 and closed 61

Automotive opened 12 and closed 1

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting