15225 replies to this topic

#8961 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

here we go.......here we go...here we goo....

bad news good news .....bad news ...good news.....Typical!!!!

Dude proven how he can't read and that afs booklet will sure be challenging to him ... Hope he gets the required assistance

#8962 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

I am very glad the figures are out and much better then I was expecting and for me the highlights are:
1 - Sustainable EBITDA of E765 mil
2 - Clean balance sheet with all impairments out of the way
3 - Total equity attributable to owners of Steinhoff N.V. 924 which is a NAV to shareholders of about e0.22 or R3.55 and certainly not ZERO
4 - SNH can now improve and focus on the areas that are loss making

A lot is made out on the opinion again people showing the lack of understanding SNH balance sheet has been through a severe clean up so what do people expect!!!! Just simply creating sensation

Highlights ?  with no auditors opinion??

not worth the paper its printed on..

technically insolvent 

battle to get credit....

clean up???  what clean up?? 

go run your numbers and see what the true hole even without the uncertainties

uncertainties remain...all what i said to Andi still there....

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#8963 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

Captain those fools will never learn they are focused on running SNH down does not matter what.
They are so blinded by they stupidity that does not matter what one says they will always be contrarian by default so bet is to ignore then they are TROLLS and FOOLS!!!!

The two fools have now created another thread called " Steinhoff New clean thread....." and continue with their insults but no facts just to lonely fools talking!!!
Anyway enough there is no room in my mind for these fools!!!

I am very glad the figures are out and much better then I was expecting and for me the highlights are:
3 - Total equity attributable to owners of Steinhoff N.V. 924 which is a NAV to shareholders of about e0.22 or R3.55 and certainly not ZERO

A lot is made out on the opinion again people showing the lack of understanding SNH balance sheet has been through a severe clean up so what do people expect!!!! Just simply creating sensation

here we go.......here we go...here we goo....

bad news good news .....bad news ...good news.....Typical!!!!

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#8964 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

Cannot agree more. Name calling is really getting old now!

Pls focus on the numbers. Captain, I really like your informed input. Pls avoid taking the bait(that goes for both sides).

What does your model say with the new values? In line/better/worse/need AFS 2018

Sent from my SM-G570F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

I agree the name calling is bad but its not coming from Captain or me its Polly and his littler followers that continue they simply cannot stop.

#8965 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:25 AM

So after all those insult, where Steinhoff management was called stupid, incompetent etc...

That pompous self important twit and his embarrassing fawning sidekick must feel like idiots now...Be-Bop and Rock-Steady!

Comedy gold...In truth, no one should have paid attention to them in the first place.  they both come across as bungling and incompetent wannabe rulers of the world, laughable idiots, with a childish stupidity.

I am pretty sure that now they have been defeated by the release of the 2017 financials, they are going to change their tact and push some new agenda.   That too will have to change when the AFS 2018 are released...then they will push some other agenda.

Be on your guard.  These trolls feed on your negativity.

Best Regards
Captainfrom82

Captain those fools will never learn they are focused on running SNH down does not matter what.
They are so blinded by they stupidity that does not matter what one says they will always be contrarian by default so bet is to ignore then they are TROLLS and FOOLS!!!!

The two fools have now created another thread called " Steinhoff New clean thread....." and continue with their insults but no facts just to lonely fools talking!!!
Anyway enough there is no room in my mind for these fools!!!

#8966 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:14 AM

Cannot agree more. Name calling is really getting old now!

Pls focus on the numbers. Captain, I really like your informed input. Pls avoid taking the bait(that goes for both sides).

What does your model say with the new values? In line/better/worse/need AFS 2018

Sent from my SM-G570F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#8967 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:12 AM

Hi Matrix,

IMHO SNH still in rough seas.  I look at it from a management perspective as that determines the possibility of success.  SNH Management have attracted the best turn around resources from across the globe to do just that.

SNH is massive, more than 100K employees, 12000+ stores, in 30+ countries, needless to say there is a lot at stake.

As said before I am not a gambler, but like to look at fallen angels and see if it has potential.  For this I allow about 5% of my portfolio. 

The disclaiming opinion from auditors is fair and expected from a 'cover you @ss' perspective seeing that the previous auditor failed dismally to call MJ out.

Note the word 'not expressed' in there too,  so it is not just a disclaimer but lets call it a 'neutral' stance or 'no opinion'.

Lastly, 2017 is water under the bridge and Conforma remains the only serious concern for me. 

I am in full agreement with Captain and DTD that SNH will continue to 'pay off' creditors with a minority stake in specific business units (effectively diluting share holder value).  This may only happen when these units are proven profitable, alternatively those units will be flocked.

#8968 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:00 AM

Bottom line Captain, who cares about this quarrel.
We care about results and share price.

Up to now, regardless of opinion, the share price is crap.
The AFS 2017 is also not positive imho.
Bad P&L and auditors concerned about a number of issues such as whether it’s actually still a going concern.
Oh and then CEO warning us 2018 numbers aren’t going to get better due to poor economic climate, cost of restructuring, etc!

Would like to hear your opinion on the numbers.

#8969 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

you are a first class dork!

talk about spies and what not for what? to get followers?...u got some. yes your knowledge is seemingly good on steinhoff, self confessed that you are bias in your views.

very good with the use of words....do you know how to make money? i very much doubt it!

I think users of this forum should becarefull of you and your followers

i mentioned before your arrogance will get you in trouble

i do not wish that upon you or any of your followers!

#8970 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

So after all those insult, where Steinhoff management was called stupid, incompetent etc...

That pompous self important twit and his embarrassing fawning sidekick must feel like idiots now...Be-Bop and Rock-Steady!

Comedy gold...In truth, no one should have paid attention to them in the first place.  they both come across as bungling and incompetent wannabe rulers of the world, laughable idiots, with a childish stupidity.

I am pretty sure that now they have been defeated by the release of the 2017 financials, they are going to change their tact and push some new agenda.   That too will have to change when the AFS 2018 are released...then they will push some other agenda.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

you are a first class dork!

talk about spies and what not for what? to get followers?...u got some. yes your knowledge is seemingly good on steinhoff, self confessed that you are bias in your views.

very good with the use of words....do you know how to make money? i very much doubt it!

I think users of this forum should becarefull of you and your followers

Edited by Lionelza1, 08 May 2019 - 08:44 AM.

#8971 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

This is an interesting study case, to say the least.

I am not invested, and also do not short.

There are two very obvious sides/teams/views on SNH on this forum.

JK001, Andi and Captain, etc,

Best of luck. I really do hope your gamble pays off as you have had nerves of steel!!

I am interested to see how the market reacts to this.

You are obviously thrilled with release of results and momentum towards 2019 AFS.

Do you mind elaborating on your view with regard to the Disclaiming audit opinion?

Specifically wrt to the possible positives therein, as from my inexperienced investing experience this does not seem good...

Any feedback/insight will be appreciated.

#8972 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

Up about 12% on Europe market @ Euro 0,1365 = R 2.20.  Effectively 20% on SA closing price.

#8973 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

Spot on. The Tom, d*** and Harry get their energy from draining yours. Let's not fall into their trap again.

#8974 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

Comedy gold...In truth, no one should have paid attention to them in the first place. they both come across as bungling and incompetent wannabe rulers of the world, laughable idiots, with a childish stupidity.

I am pretty sure that now they have been defeated by the release of the 2017 financials, they are going to change their tact and push some new agenda. That too will have to change when the AFS 2018 are released...then they will push some other agenda.

Be on your guard. These trolls feed on your negativity.

Best Regards
Captainfrom82

30% up in germany. On L&S

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#8975 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:33 AM

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#8976 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:12 AM

I have not looked at the figures at all yet, but immedetiealy went to page 331, which seems to be the obvious concern.

The Audit Opinion.

Disclaimer of opinion, no opinion expressed.

Material Uncertainty with regard to:

• Going Concern;
  • Uncertainty with regard to litigation;
  • Taxation effects wrt restatements;
  • Control Conclusion wrt certain entities;
  • Share in Investment of Conforma;
  • Timing of recording adjustments wrt restatements;
  • Timing of results of certain property transactions;
  • Foreign Currency translation reserve;
  • Not having access to Kika Leiner information;
  • And then some emphasis of matter.

Problem seems to be two-fold:

• Do the figures mean anything and is SNH investable, as the auditors have not approved these figures and state large concerns;
  • How does SNH proceed as most of these issues will from an audit point of view definitely cause the 2018 AFS to be disclaimed with no opinion. - You have to resolve the audit findings of prior year disclaimer in order to receive unqualified in the next year.

#8977 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:01 AM

Incredibly, there are going to be some very unhappy people on Sharechat...all because Steinhoff HAS published results.

:D :rolleyes: 

#8978 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:37 AM

329 pages , happy reading

Edited by JK001, 08 May 2019 - 05:39 AM.

#8979 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

Steinhoff - Publication of 2017 Annual Results

Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. (the "Company" and with its subsidiaries the "Group")

The Company has today published its audited annual results for the year ended 30 September 2017, which are available on the Company's website http://steinhoffinternational.com/

The 2018 annual result process is progressing well, and the results are scheduled to be released on Tuesday, 18 June 2019. The Company has, therefore, decided not to hold a press conference or webcast, as with previous results announcements, for the 2017 results but will schedule a combined presentation after the release of the 2018 results. The Company has also included as much information as possible in these 2017 results in order to assist stakeholders.

Shareholders and other investors in the Company are advised to exercise caution when dealing in the securities of the Group.

Stellenbosch, 7 May 2019

#8980 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Yes 

If they published the financials tonight or tomorrow there going to be big upwards gap in the South African chart Thursday morning. Better if they publish Thursday. Morning.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting