#14581 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

https://www.business...-to-commission/

Very interesting read... Can we expect the final pwc report to be presented earlier...
May expect share price to get hammered severely if parli and various presentations made in Aug which creates more questions or vagueness.... Any news get misinterpreted or results in price moving downward.... Even if the impacts are negligible.... So be ready for bumpy ride.... I will reserve funds to buy at r1. 80....as any news is good news and points to certainty... Since lockup in place.. The LUA is my comfy blanket... For those with sensitive tummies...... Look away

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14582 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

https://www.business...-to-commission/

#14583 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

The last big jump up was about 22 perccent so if i was buying low eith hope of wuick short personally would set my sell at about 22 percent above my buy price..maybe armature way of looking at it but possible

#14584 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

If you follow the thread, you will see what it means. Cheers

When Polly is Short it means Polly sells at that price... Will buy at R2. 05 and sell at R3. 5...

#14585 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

Hi...newbie here. What does your post mean?

If you follow the thread, you will see what it means. Cheers

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#14586 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

leveraged using IG markets

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#14587 neptunenine

neptunenine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hi Polly,

Which broker are you using to allow for leveraged short positions? Or perhaps by saying you are short, you have sold a part, or all of your position in the stock at R3.50 without any leverage, and are looking to re-enter around R2.05 ? Apologies for the stupid question....

#14588 HARMONY15

HARMONY15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:56 PM

Hi...newbie here. What does your post mean?

#14589 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

For the record, i am short from R3.50 with a target of R2.05.

Have today adjusted my stop to R3.05

If it wasn't for a weakening rand, think my target would have been reached.

#14590 Burnt as well

Burnt as well

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

Volumes so low today..

Today is broad-based bear sentiment due to the escalation of US-China trade wars. Most EM equities and currencies on the back foot

#14591 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:50 PM

Volumes so low today..

Buy when it meets your threshold

#14592 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Volumes so low today..

#14593 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:57 AM

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Snippit, on 30 Jul 2018 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

SNIPPIT- in English please kind contributor

Best effort: Whilst we are listening for some pins to drop...

The would be b-wave is a corrective leg in the abc downward move, and it goes up (from 237 cents, on 27th). Yesterday it had a top of 266 cents and today it is up to 275 cents. So the b-wave grew some but the moves being made all have 3 legs.

This leans towards the pattern being overall corrective, even though it could fake a pass as being impulsive

The -ve means negative and divergence between the RSI and the price plot is of interest because (when seen correctly) it has some 85% accuracy of pointing out the probability for a turn. Equal legs is when the a- and the -c legs of the abc  pattern are equal.

Today the equal legs play has been shifted with a top of 275 cents and target of 236. The sideways action can go there if there is no real interest in a month end effort to sweep up the crumbs.

Pretty accurate! Well done. Any update will be appreciated

#14594 JPG

JPG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:42 AM

Should see possible resistance at R2.40

#14595 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

No think 31st august..tommorow hemisphere

Correct

Sent from my SM-G935F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14596 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

No think 31st august..tommorow hemisphere

#14597 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

Just notced snh final estimate date 31 december..what a crazy date for sens...well either be starting nee year weeping or elated..

hi guys just to confirm....is steinhoff making the financial results announcement 2morrow?

#14598 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:50 PM

Just notced snh final estimate date 31 december..what a crazy date for sens...well either be starting nee year weeping or elated..

#14599 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

STAR - Tekkie Town sens...

UPDATE ON COURT ORDER AGAINST PREVIOUS TEKKIE TOWN MANAGEMENT TEAM Shareholders are referred to the SENS announcement made on 6 July 2018 pertaining to an interim court order against, inter alia, four senior members of the previous Tekkie Town management team, interdicting the respondents (“Respondents”) from conducting certain actions against Tekkie Town. On 31 July 2018 all parties agreed to an order which protects the Tekkie Town data and further protects the Tekkie Town business against possible interference with its IT systems, servers, networks and hardware or software. In terms of the court order: 1) All the Respondents undertake not to use information proprietary to Tekkie Town; 2) All the Respondents undertake to destroy any copies or records of @star-speciality and @tekkietown email accounts, with the exception of identified email accounts used for private business and file an affidavit by 15 August 2018 that this has been done; 3) All the Respondents undertake to destroy any other data proprietary to Tekkie Town and file an affidavit by 15 August 2018 that this has been done; and 4) Two senior members of the previous Tekkie Town management team record that they will not access or interfere with (or attempt to do so) the Tekkie Town information technology system, server or network or any Tekkie Town hardware or software either in its head office or in any store, in any manner whatsoever. This outcome is very positive for Tekkie Town and STAR. The interim interdict served as an immediate prevention of possible interference while the court order made on 31 July 2018 protects the business in the longer term. Parow 1 August 2018

#14600 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

slap bang in middle of nowhere..

Needs to test R2.00 support to see if that holds

Or

R3.00 resistance to see if that holds

Otherwise no mans land

Bigger Picture ######### Sunken Ship whose captain bailed first

Dear Polly..... We buying the treasure and the engine and the rights to the movie...the ship was sunk... But not required and sailing..... At a new value... Not at R90 a share.... Lifeboat floats..

No man's land... True... Can't fault...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting