15225 replies to this topic

#14601 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:10 AM

Hi IN, id like buy more snh as well as i think bit bargain but my portfolio is really snh heavy allready..may buy more but sell some later to balance things..i think there could be a little surge on Friday when agreement done...but not major as morr or less expected..if agreement not done on time...think things will go down..

Important to invest in keeping with your overall strategy..... Or trade as such... That would be a very important take home message

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14602 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:58 AM

slap bang in middle of nowhere..

Needs to test R2.00 support  to see if that holds

Or

R3.00 resistance  to see if that holds

Otherwise  no mans  land

Bigger Picture ######### Sunken Ship whose captain bailed first

Edited by Polly, 01 August 2018 - 10:59 AM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#14603 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

Hi IN, id like buy more snh as well as i think bit bargain but my portfolio is really snh heavy allready..may buy more but sell some later to balance things..i think there could be a little surge on Friday when agreement done...but not major as morr or less expected..if agreement not done on time...think things will go down..

#14604 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

Mr Polly your opinion?

IN in general I agree with you regarding value. Even though there's a lot of issues to be dealt with, the company is built on solid platform with mostly very good businesses, trading well, and fantastic growth opportunities. If you look at the growth of Shoprite ( in know it's a separate company), shops like Pep normally opens at the same premises, followed by more of these retail stores once settled and trading. I was up in hell-and-gone Pemba in northern Mozambique a month ago and there's a Shoprite, pep, etc already!

My opinion is this share has taken on a lot of similarities to Bitcoin when you look at the average trader/investor that came on board since Dec 17. Most are young and inexperienced, panics easily and take the media too seriously. My opinion is this contributes to the share volatility and contributed to some of the big price drops.

Just my thoughts 

#14605 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:18 AM

I have enjoyed reading seeking alpha- Larry this post endorses the thinking-

I hope to see STAR price start to make some inroads itself and climb closer to the R25 levels reached last year.

with their focus on strategy and expansion cross selling into SNH territories we should see some fantastic growth coming through and STAR being worth a lot more.

tekkie town itself is a fantastic model. STar will also hopefully look to pay dividends- R500m earmarked for managers may well be returned to shareholders which is another reason to smile......I am sure the restructuring agreement prevents dividends from being paid- but if the creditors want to pump the share price this would be the first thing they would want to do especially if there is agreement in debt and equity swaps. even a 20c dividend payment to shareholders will be appreciated don't you think?- loss making entity so very unlikely to pay dividends----

Regarding SNH- stars aligning for long term investment- mind the pun - all of this bodes well for the SNH share price....

short term trading in SNH is still only for those with lots of hair on the bodies and if you don't have any---you need to grow some.

I will be increasing my holding by about 10% over the next 6 months (my personal investment strategy)

#14606 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:42 AM

Quote from seekingalpha 

Author’s reply »

I have been watching supply and demand intraday particularly to see when supply dry up. Demand has been solid but skittish, pulling back and dropping price as soon as supply becomes aggressive. I am seeing demand push coming through more and more, see for instance this 13h00 take today on the JSE.

Bid & Offer : STEIN NV(Live)
As at 31 Jul 2018 13:00
Bids to Buy *******Offers to Sell
Ord Volume Price© Price© Volume Ord
1 *5 *40 404 *263 *264 *41 806 *2
2 *8 *104 323 *262 *265 *73 435 *5
3 *7 *206 246 *261 *266 *26 996 *4
4 *8 *193 620 *260 *267 *66 198 *3
5 *3 *34 000 *259 *268 * 9 671 *1

Solid bids to buy but supply pulling back and thinning out. This is what I'm looking for when I say that supply needs to dry up. Short sellers also have had to pull back given developments thus a vast supply from shorters are already significantly diminished. I believe the move to value acquisition is now under way. Note however that the aggressors are still sellers marginally so and when the supply dries up buyers will have to become the aggressors to move price.

Author’s reply »

I have been watching supply and demand intraday particularly to see when supply dry up. Demand has been solid but skittish, pulling back and dropping price as soon as supply becomes aggressive. I am seeing demand push coming through more and more, see for instance this 13h00 take today on the JSE.

Bid & Offer : STEIN NV(Live)
As at 31 Jul 2018 13:00
Bids to Buy *******Offers to Sell
Ord Volume Price© Price© Volume Ord
1 *5 *40 404 *263 *264 *41 806 *2
2 *8 *104 323 *262 *265 *73 435 *5
3 *7 *206 246 *261 *266 *26 996 *4
4 *8 *193 620 *260 *267 *66 198 *3
5 *3 *34 000 *259 *268 * 9 671 *1

Solid bids to buy but supply pulling back and thinning out. This is what I'm looking for when I say that supply needs to dry up. Short sellers also have had to pull back given developments thus a vast supply from shorters are already significantly diminished. I believe the move to value acquisition is now under way. Note however that the aggressors are still sellers marginally so and when the supply dries up buyers will have to become the aggressors to move price.

#14607 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Sonns resignation is good news. Independence for Star and focuses on snh.... Great work thus fare. Elequent and good for the share recovery.

#14608 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

Steinhoff africa send..but heather sonn ressigning from them...i think thats good thing

#14609 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

One little sens put and prices dropping...this is emotional share...

#14610 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

End aug i reckon will start looking much more cheerful

#14611 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

If there is a boom what highs could we hope for?

i think for us thats sitting at a loss, lets just hope for a boom....personally i do not feel the news will bring in much positivity w.r.t the price going up as we saw 2 weeks ago.....lets just hope....think its still a long road ahead for this share to carry strong positive momemtum.

#14612 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

If there is a boom what highs could we hope for?

#14613 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

Gents, do you see this correction to 236c as part of a rising channel? 

looks like its heading there.....then the boom come fri/monday?

#14614 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for info..i need as much tech advise as possible..

#14615 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

Technical alignment with fundamentals and human behaviour

Gents, do you see this correction to 236c as part of a rising channel? 

#14616 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Thanks

#14617 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Pretty cool, interactive, free chart

https://www.tradingv...chart/tP87uiFX/

#14618 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Snippit, on 30 Jul 2018 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

SNIPPIT- in English please kind contributor

Best effort: Whilst we are listening for some pins to drop...
The would be b-wave is a corrective leg in the abc downward move, and it goes up (from 237 cents, on 27th). Yesterday it had a top of 266 cents and today it is up to 275 cents. So the b-wave grew some but the moves being made all have 3 legs.
This leans towards the pattern being overall corrective, even though it could fake a pass as being impulsive.
The -ve means negative and divergence between the RSI and the price plot is of interest because (when seen correctly) it has some 85% accuracy of pointing out the probability for a turn. Equal legs is when the a- and the -c legs of the abc pattern are equal.

Today the equal legs play has been shifted with a top of 275 cents and target of 236. The sideways action can go there if there is no real interest in a month end effort to sweep up the crumbs.

Technical alignment with fundamentals and human behaviour

#14619 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:05 PM

Hi snippit..which chart is this..im trying to understand charts but need look on computer and read what you saying...which are simplest chart as beginners to understand likelihood of movements..(1 if possible to start).candles or what...i read a book on charts and was fairly baffled so which is best as a starting point please? Saying that read whole book in a weekend:)

#14620 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Snippit, on 30 Jul 2018 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

The b-leg of minute wave ii top @ 260c with support from -ve divergence and fake 5-wave form.

Equal legs target of 227c.

Right or wrong - no charge.

SNIPPIT- in English please kind contributor

Best effort: Whilst we are listening for some pins to drop...

The would be b-wave is a corrective leg in the abc downward move, and it goes up (from 237 cents, on 27th). Yesterday it had a top of 266 cents and today it is up to 275 cents. So the b-wave grew some but the moves being made all have 3 legs.

This leans towards the pattern being overall corrective, even though it could fake a pass as being impulsive

The -ve means negative and divergence between the RSI and the price plot is of interest because (when seen correctly) it has some 85% accuracy of pointing out the probability for a turn. Equal legs is when the a- and the -c legs of the abc  pattern are equal.

Today the equal legs play has been shifted with a top of 275 cents and target of 236. The sideways action can go there if there is no real interest in a month end effort to sweep up the crumbs.

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting