15225 replies to this topic

#14681 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

its absolutely fantastic that we have so many more people posting- I am sure Polly, and all are rather bored by my ranting...

interesting to see volumes are drying up- does this mean that buyers not interested in paying more or sellers not interested in selling low---if it is former may see price drop or plateau....if it is latter and there is further appetite for the share will see price starting to increase ...

month end may see some new buyers entering; may also see traders re-entering; may see investment houses entering - especially international buyers who have been watching the share looking for some stability....august results may cause downward or upward movement.....either way....the share is priced suitably to enter and still may 100%- 200% off on volatility.

we see some nice market sentiment and media coverage- the media will now jump on the bandwagon -hopefully that entices buyers.

Stars recovery is noteworthy as this means the SNH value increases.....The chairman was extremely sneaky---- STARS growth trajectory is very dependent on SNH- to enter new markets; operational and supply chain benefits; etc

I wont be surprised that Tekkie Town is not adopted across Europe and the US.

SNH has clearly demonstrated one of their major unvalued assets is manoeuvrability....in the past 6 months they have opened 300 Pep &co stores within Poundland- grown their fashion market and reduced overheads. with conviction- can expect 1000 store openings in a year across markets.

The value to me as an investor is clearly transparent.....the pain  in watching the trades is not....

Now imagine that the global market accepts that the value of snh is actually quantifiable including adjusting for legal settlements- what does this value translate to in the share price...The road ahead has a number of positive scenarios....debt mitigation is not an issue; legal settlement is a possibility if at all ....shareholder value and shareholder pricing is relative...I have conviction that the SNH engine has still lots of steam and with the footprint and management teams in place- there is massive opportunity to leverage the assets , cross sell businesses and products and grow bottom line....

according to the May presentation- Conforama has been undervalued- what is the true value- with the increased investments online and completion of the massive warehousing by 2019- this entity in itself according to analyst on you tube videos currently R7 a share.....

blah blah blah

#14682 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

its absolutely fantastic that we have so many more people posting- I am sure Polly, and all are rather bored by my ranting...

interesting to see volumes are drying up- does this mean that buyers not interested in paying more or sellers not interested in selling low---if it is former may see price drop or plateau....if it is latter and there is further appetite for the share will see price starting to increase ...

month end may see some new buyers entering; may also see traders re-entering; may see investment houses entering - especially international buyers who have been watching the share looking for some stability....august results may cause downward or upward movement.....either way....the share is priced suitably to enter and still may 100%- 200% off on volatility.

we see some nice market sentiment and media coverage- the media will now jump on the bandwagon -hopefully that entices buyers.

Stars recovery is noteworthy as this means the SNH value increases.....The chairman was extremely sneaky---- STARS growth trajectory is very dependent on SNH- to enter new markets; operational and supply chain benefits; etc

I wont be surprised that Tekkie Town is not adopted across Europe and the US.

SNH has clearly demonstrated one of their major unvalued assets is manoeuvrability....in the past 6 months they have opened 300 Pep &co stores within Poundland- grown their fashion market and reduced overheads. with conviction- can expect 1000 store openings in a year across markets.

The value to me as an investor is clearly transparent.....the pain  in watching the trades is not....

Now imagine that the global market accepts that the value of snh is actually quantifiable including adjusting for legal settlements- what does this value translate to in the share price...The road ahead has a number of positive scenarios....debt mitigation is not an issue; legal settlement is a possibility if at all ....shareholder value and shareholder pricing is relative...I have conviction that the SNH engine has still lots of steam and with the footprint and management teams in place- there is massive opportunity to leverage the assets , cross sell businesses and products and grow bottom line....

according to the May presentation- Conforama has been undervalued- what is the true value- with the increased investments online and completion of the massive warehousing by 2019- this entity in itself according to analyst on you tube videos currently R7 a share.....

blah blah blah

#14683 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:18 AM

I am quoting this from another website (Mr Sarel Oberholtzer from seekingalpha):

Now all managers in the Steinhoff group of companies can focus on operational efficiency and improving profitability.

With the LUA in place I believe the board of directors and executives from SNH across the board can now get down to doing their actual jobs and move their businesses forward. 

#14684 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:14 AM

https://www.business...-says-chairman/

Looks like a positive article (for a freaking change). 

#14685 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

Thanks

#14686 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

Hi there, new to this and decided to invest/trade in snh shares......the drop in december to me was way too drastic and probably immature.

am trying to gain as much knowledge as possible, reading alot of material....where do i go to see the 10mil shares thats been traded? a.t.m im investing blind without much info.....i do believe the price will go up and looking at atleast a 3yr investment.

http://www.sharedata...uote.aspx?c=SNH

I keep an eye on this website

#14687 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:47 AM

Thanks Ram guess im a betting person too otherwise wouldn't have an overload of snh shares in my portfolio hahaha...i just want try rebalance my portfolio as got carried away buying in last 6 months..krpt buying more to bring my price down

#14688 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

HI.. Best to read all sens... Media and the historical posts.
Share volume can be seen on any trading site.. Frankfurt and Sharenet.
The future is uncertain... But for now... At least there is a future....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Many Thanks..........i being watching this share price constantly and man its has been hectic specially when value started dropping from r3.70 to r2.20 was like wtf....good luck to all....great reading different views on this

#14689 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

Agree with ram.. We have hopes and dreams... But there is no certainty even it technicals.....

#14690 Ram85

Ram85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:32 PM

Jet... All of us that are invested in this share are hoping for it to go up, and soon too.

The reality is that no one knows for sure. If they did then everyone would have traded. This share is extremely unpredictable and no one knows where it will go next.

With that said... I'm a betting man and think that we could see r3-R3. 50 soon. But check my wording... "betting".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14691 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

Am looking at charts..but bit nervous i want to see cups and handles so would rather have others opinions ☺

#14692 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

Hi..3.50 would be about 40 percent above the 2.46 we are sitting at now..do you still see this happeninh imminently IN? Trying guage if i should put a sell limit on and if so when and how much...

#14693 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

Hi there, new to this and decided to invest/trade in snh shares......the drop in december to me was way too drastic and probably immature.
am trying to gain as much knowledge as possible, reading alot of material....where do i go to see the 10mil shares thats been traded? a.t.m im investing blind without much info.....i do believe the price will go up and looking at atleast a 3yr investment.

HI.. Best to read all sens... Media and the historical posts.
Share volume can be seen on any trading site.. Frankfurt and Sharenet.
The future is uncertain... But for now... At least there is a future....

#14694 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

Thanks Snippit,

Anywhere close to either would be great. I see we have already traded 10 million shares on Snh in jhb.

The issue is the day traders are constantly selling off for profit.

#14695 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

I took some at 200c. Totally speculative IMO. Let's see a quick 25%. Technically she's insolvent, but the newsflow is improving

#14696 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

Thanks Snippit,
Anywhere close to either would be great. I see we have already traded 10 million shares on Snh in jhb.

Sentiment Will rule the trend... If there is anough confidence and a lot more buyer willing to pay more... Will see upswing

#14697 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:09 PM

From the limited data so far and with a balloon full of assumptions it can be claimed that a pedestrian effort gives R6.39 for top of Intermediate wave 1, whereas a valiant effort takes the gold at R13.65. The progress from here to there is far from a straight line.

Thanks Snippit,

#14698 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

Does anyone have a target set for the next upswing? Trading wise obviously.

Thank you everyone for your time and input. Much appreciated. 

From the limited data so far and with a balloon full of assumptions it can be claimed that a pedestrian effort gives R6.39 for top of Intermediate wave 1, whereas a valiant effort takes the gold at R13.65. The progress from here to there is far from a straight line.

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#14699 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

My average share price is just over R3.00 and I too am getting to the point where I might just get out when the next upswing happens. This share is taking a lot of my time. 

I was ready to pull the trigger and sell above R3.70 but I too got carried away with all the optimists on the interweb :)

Does anyone have a target set for the next upswing? Trading wise obviously.

Thank you everyone for your time and input. Much appreciated. 

#14700 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

clear as mud

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting