• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#121 hedge Fund

hedge Fund

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

I have similar sentiments to you. I see what you mean. They also released a statement today. Besides i had long being looking for a company on the JSE that is involved in the mining of lithium primary because of lithum ion batteries.

Although its too early for me now. I need to do my due diligence and maybe in two months time i will move to buy.

#122 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

Awesome news from todays sens: Tawana Bald Hill Lithium Plant commissioning commenced  :D  $$$$$

#123 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

my offshore account is with a European bank, whose securities division can trade anywhere globally including back into SA. I get a capital gains certificate that I submit to SARS and pay dividend tax in the foreign jurisdiction. Locally, try HSBC or Barclays to open your account, or even try Saxobank. As I said, there is no reason to invest in sunny ol SA if the world with 60000+ listed shares is available! If I hear SA fund managers punt Standard Bank or AdaptIT I want to puke, simply because I made 200% on YY in China in two years and 150% on The Bitcoin Group SE in Germany in 6 months!

Thanks, appreciate the info  :)

#124 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info...
Just a couple of questions to clarify
Did you open a offshore account in OZ
Heard tax is quite high on capital gains in OZ and then to also pay SARS on declaration or bringing funds back into SA?
Which OZ trading platform allows a foreigner to trade and which bank is the easiest to open a offshore account with?

Cheers

my offshore account is with a European bank, whose securities division can trade anywhere globally including back into SA. I get a capital gains certificate that I submit to SARS and pay dividend tax in the foreign jurisdiction. Locally, try HSBC or Barclays to open your account, or even try Saxobank. As I said, there is no reason to invest in sunny ol SA if the world with 60000+ listed shares is available! If I hear SA fund managers punt Standard Bank or AdaptIT I want to puke, simply because I made 200% on YY in China in two years and 150% on The Bitcoin Group SE in Germany in 6 months!

#125 Krisjan

Krisjan

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

I advocate Tawana to anyone interested in listening. Somewhere along the way it will fall on the right ears and we'll start seeing volumes. It is our responsibility to market Tawana as much as possible. It will be in all our mutual interests 

The fact that the RP is so high on the JSE in relation to the ASX is because investors in SA already knows the order of magnitude of Tawana and therefore are holding onto what is theirs. I for one am heavy in an overweight position, and will not budge until 2021 earliest. Enlarging the share pool on the JSE might be the only way to affect the local volumes. If ever MC should consider a cr. he aught  to come and do it here. As far as promoting is concerned I've successfully convinced a few of my investor buddies to become holders. There is a Lithium ETF available. Does any one know how to invest from our shores? GLTAH. 

#126 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:22 AM

I advocate Tawana to anyone interested in listening. Somewhere along the way it will fall on the right ears and we'll start seeing volumes. It is our responsibility to market Tawana as much as possible. It will be in all our mutual interests 

#127 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Check Frankfurt stock exchange. I stand corrected but I think Berlin as well. As far as liquidity is concerned, won't matter when this becomes a Au$4.00 company.AIMH

Looks like TJR Tawana NL listing only dates from 15th October 2017 on Frankfurt, gives them good overall exposure.

#128 Krisjan

Krisjan

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

From the horses mouth, so maybe someone else can try and double check? Anyway that answers a lot of questions on lack of liquidity on JSE... wonder what their plan is going forward?

Where did you manage to find info that Tawana is listed in Germany?

Check Frankfurt stock exchange. I stand corrected but I think Berlin as well. As far as liquidity is concerned, won't matter when this becomes a Au$4.00 company.AIMHO

#129 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

The figures don't make sense. Where did all the 2005 pre-listing statement shares go to and Tawana is also listed in Germany. I find it peculiar that the co. secretary could not answer the question and referred you to LN.  

From the horses mouth, so maybe someone else can try and double check? Anyway that answers a lot of questions on lack of liquidity on JSE... wonder what their plan is going forward?

Where did you manage to find info that Tawana is listed in Germany?

#130 Krisjan

Krisjan

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

According to Leon Naidoo , operations manager Tawana portfolio, Computershare (Tawana JSE share administrators)

The total Issued capital of Tawana is ( ASX & JSE) is 504 977 471 shares

ASX = 496 792 185 shares (+-98.3%)

JSE = 8 185 286 shares (+-1.7%)

No info available on ASX shareholders

JSE shareholders

4 x certifiable shareholders

749 x dematerialised shareholders

only 2 x shareholders with shareholdings above 500 000 shares

The figures don't make sense. Where did all the 2005 pre-listing statement shares go to and Tawana is also listed in Germany. I find it peculiar that the co. secretary could not answer the question and referred you to LN.  

#131 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

The JSE pre-listing statement in 2005, 60 360 628 ordinary shares of no par value were listed.

Bull I wonder if some of the JSE shares were transferred to ASX?

#132 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

According to Leon Naidoo , operations manager Tawana portfolio, Computershare (Tawana JSE share administrators)

The total Issued capital of Tawana is ( ASX & JSE) is 504 977 471 shares

ASX = 496 792 185 shares (+-98.3%)

JSE = 8 185 286 shares (+-1.7%)

No info available on ASX shareholders

JSE shareholders

4 x certifiable shareholders

749 x dematerialised shareholders

only 2 x shareholders with shareholdings above 500 000 shares

#133 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:26 AM

Finally got a reply from Tawana regarding the issued share capital split between ASX and JSE and info regarding substantial holders.

So I was advised by Claire the Tawana company secretary in Oz to contact Computershare SA who are their administrators for the JSE.

The operations manager at Computershare looking after the Tawana portfolio is Leon Naidoo, his direct line is 011 370 5334

#134 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

the tax implication is that I pay CGT on the profits I made here. It however more than compensates for the mispricing in the share. I use my annual foreign investment allowance to move cash to my offshore account, where I can invest in any share globally, including SA shares trading as ADRs in Europe and the USA. There is actually no reason to have a stockbroking account in SA.

Thanks for the info...

Just a couple of questions to clarify

Did you open a offshore account in OZ

Heard tax is quite high on capital gains in OZ and then to also pay SARS on declaration or bringing funds back into SA?

Which OZ trading platform allows a foreigner to trade and which bank is the easiest to open a offshore account with?

Cheers

#135 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hey Soletrader

Please share with the rest of us the how and why of your decision and any tax implication. Any barriers to entry we need to consider?

Thanx

the tax implication is that I pay CGT on the profits I made here. It however more than compensates for the mispricing in the share. I use my annual foreign investment allowance to move cash to my offshore account, where I can invest in any share globally, including SA shares trading as ADRs in Europe and the USA. There is actually no reason to have a stockbroking account in SA.

#136 Agent47

Agent47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

Hey Soletrader

Please share with the rest of us the how and why of your decision and any tax implication. Any barriers to entry we need to consider?

Thanx

Would also like to know.
What broker did you use? Local or Aussie?
Thanks

#137 Dusty Mountain

Dusty Mountain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Managed to sell 30000 shares on the jse at 600c and bought them back on the asx at 46c. Now we wait.

Hey Soletrader

Thanx

#138 Krisjan

Krisjan

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

Oops, referring to main Board.......

#139 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

TAW is getting a hiding. It seems that it all started with the trading halt and subsequent announcement. personally I did not follow the reasoning behind the trading halt as no material risk or otherwise could have resulted in dealing during the time. The plus side is that it creates a top up opportunity although rather on the ASX. mho. Mr. Market is often irrational.  

A hiding? Closed at 5.90 on small volumes.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#140 Krisjan

Krisjan

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

TAW is getting a hiding. It seems that it all started with the trading halt and subsequent announcement. personally I did not follow the reasoning behind the trading halt as no material risk or otherwise could have resulted in dealing during the time. The plus side is that it creates a top up opportunity although rather on the ASX. mho. Mr. Market is often irrational.  

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting