Photo
- - - - -

SA healthcare shares

Life healthcare Netcare mediclinic aspen advanced health discovery health alexandra forbes momentum dischem

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#61 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:16 PM

Sorry what do you mean by council medical schemes to cut low cost options?..am I missing something..are some people getting cheaper medical aids through council/ government..must lost plot or not in touch with this..

Check news. Articles.. Cms regulator stopping low cost medical aid... Means a sh. T load less patients.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#62 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:22 PM

Sorry what do you mean by council medical schemes to cut low cost options?..am I missing something..are some people getting cheaper medical aids through council/ government..must lost plot or not in touch with this..

#63 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

Shew, I watch and listen with interest..so far I've understood gold and plat palladium stock better than anything else..all markets seem so erratic.. best thing I did year half was buy us tech etf...may not been exciting but was steadily profitable and stress free..have feeling usd ETFs in the top area are done though

#64 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

Just watching stock watch and guy saying any healthcare and cell ph companies easy targets...read between lines hes saying short 😁

Hospital shares and discovery massive selloff expected. Council medical schemes to end low cost options... Thats almost 30% of the patient loads.... Watching the space... Too risky

#65 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:18 PM

Just watching stock watch and guy saying any healthcare and cell ph companies easy targets...read between lines hes saying short 😁

Hospital shares and discovery massive selloff expected. Council medical schemes to end low cost options... Thats almost 30% of the patient loads.... Watching the space... Too risky

#66 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:16 PM

Yep, everyone is suspicious of companies with big property portfolios....concerns that properties over valued, purchases made over priced and overpaid and also some questionable pur hases at inflated values from doctors... Lets wait and see if there will be questions at agms to clarify or perhaps a sens following their re-evaluation and booking of tooooo much rental income.....

#67 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

#68 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

Hi M, staying away is safe.... Aspen and discovery look good

#69 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:42 PM

Hi IN, I saw something like that but haven't and don't even know if will act on that discussed share..kindof busy imp and took some apn..sold them allready looking buy back 112..hope soutie not ready this as know his sharr advise sensible,, i like banking as quick as profitable...I've sold imp..seriously thinking shorting it although not conventional

#70 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

Hi IN, I saw something like that but haven't and don't even know if will act on that discussed share..kindof buy imp and took some apn..sold them allready looking buy back 112..hope soutie not ready this as know his sharr advise sensible,, i like banking as quick as profitable

#71 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

I have absolutely no clue about who the company is or whether this is fake news... So perhaps read it as such.....hospital group falsifies income through inflated rentals....

#72 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:32 PM

Hi Midas, i like aspen at these levels, pharma are aggressive with m&a, and aspen could be a likely target

#73 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

Not shorting this yet,,I'm not a professional and been trading in and out imp....also very tempted more jubilee.long..and aspen although not health care fancy it about 111 to go long ...cant have too many at once,,bit overwhelmingly if you not a pro..

#74 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:54 PM

Haha they cant give you an f ng slice toast with your breakfast now....only bread 😂 as too much hassle....not surprised going down...😁 was very affronted by English brekkie no toast

#75 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:27 PM

Been watching share you discussed,,,does look like short opportunities 😁...may take a little bit too see

Going in your direction Midas,

i wonder if similar to tongaat hulette hospital groups with massive property portfolios are able to stand up to scruitiny. We should have amnesty for SA stocks following the recent spate of governance lapses....

#76 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

Been watching share you discussed,,,does look like short opportunities 😁...may take a little bit too see

True, shares already seem to jave deflected downwards. Biggest challenge is that these are highly capital intensive businesses that are stuck looking for new business ventures. One entity investing in primary healthcare, other looking at technology to reduce costs......none that will really deliber the returns we expect.... We could be wrong... Expect hospitals to be acquired by pharma who have bigger propensity for acquisitions....

#77 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:36 PM

#78 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

How to make money as a diagnostic firm
.... Scaleability.... Get in early, lower setup start up costs, milk the system before system adjustment... Get out before anyone is the wiser....if the customer thinks they paying too much, expect threatened margins... If youre a new entrant... Expect margins to be low... If youre lifecare desperate for new business other than primarycare... You will over invest in diagnostics...... To try to buy future revenue and margins... One dliemna though....will you buy at the right price and will your margins be sustainable..
I think lifecare is on a pump and dump crusade..... Be cautious with this one.....
See it tracking backwards in six months

#79 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

Dumped all my lifecare shares today. Spent most of the presentation faffing about small businesses and small primary care growth. Think we going to see downward pressure in six months whem the reality sinks in... Also yes worried about the company ending in e you gueased it

#80 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:18 PM

I'm guessing where had my appendix out recently...ends with an E?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Life healthcare Netcare, mediclinic, aspen, advanced health, discovery health, alexandra forbes, momentum, dischem

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting