#321 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

IN have you got DSTV?

I cancelled out from November last year....

Canceled out and enjoying Netflix... My concern on mcs value...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#322 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:53 AM

S you know the Mighty Impala.....ive also lost a lt of cfd monies on it.....wont touch it again...hehehe

dont even have it on my watchlist anymore....Good luck to those buying...

Yeah I know it well from the old sharechat twas mucho grande losses all round along with erectile dysfunction for some.... :D  :D  :D

Anyhow link below made convinced me to take a long.

https://www.moneyweb...unloved-shares/

Bought at a re-test of R50& change have a stop @ R56ish for all of it to go...no half share...no trailing stop done all that I want pure profit 

It'll only tickle what I've lost on this mother over the yrs.... :huh:

Anyone need a heads up...!

#323 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

S you know the Mighty Impala.....ive also lost a lt of cfd monies on it.....wont touch it again...hehehe

could be the mother of short squeezes on this one... was once a shorters dream

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#324 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

Are you still in..hope so cause u could make on one of its odd upswings

#325 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

up 6% & on good volume 

Edited by Polly, 28 February 2019 - 10:48 AM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#326 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:45 AM

trading statement  earlier confirmed it...think now price built in ...

up 6% & on good volume 

Edited by soutie, 28 February 2019 - 10:45 AM.

#327 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

Yep...its amazing how the gurus can place  a foward looking  valuation on a company using models as of to say the company is not in distress,,,I posted earlier here where management in the 9 month quarterly review dated 30/6/2018 confiremd the problems....

extracts from the  9 months quarterly review / update dated 30June 2018 ( Unaudited

The extraordinary events during the current year have created significant uncertainties for the Group and its operating businesses. Furthermore, the confidence of the Group’s suppliers, creditors and customers has been undermined. This all contributed to a difficult general trading environment (as explained in more detail in the operational review) and significant diversion of management’s time.

The Group reported revenue growth of 2% to
€12.9 billion (9MFY17: €12.7 billion) from continuing operations for the nine months under review.
Operational results were severely impacted by the Steinhoff events and a difficult general retail trading environment

Operational entities were impacted by the events at their parent company and operational management teams faced additional challenges and incurred extraordinary costs. These challenges include:
• Liquidity management
- Raising working capital facilities at operating entity level to replace Group treasury funding
- Change of operational processes resulting from reduced supplier credit
- Active engagement with suppliers and credit insurers to substantiate and maintain reduced credit lines
• Customer confidence
- The negative press surrounding the Group influenced customer behaviour in many of the operations, and during this period enhanced communication was required. This was specifically relevant in product categories that provide multi-year customer guarantees and with made-to-order furniture (for example kitchens, upholstery and other large furniture items), as these products have a long lead time and require customers to pay a deposit upon ordering. These transactions were under pressure as a result of the uncertainty surrounding the stability of the Steinhoff Group.
• Organic growth
- In the household goods business, store openings and capex projects were put on hold.
- Business plans of all the operations have been thoroughly interrogated and management has been tasked to focus on profitability, cash flow, inventory management and overall cost reduction.
Difficult general retail trading environment
In most territories where the Group operates, operational divisions have experienced difficult trading environments resulting in reduced store traffic footfall and store profitability. The trading environment was influenced in the various geographies by low economic growth rates, increased competition and overtrading, the impact of online retailers, and customer indebtedness.

All the above i said a way back....and gurus talk of pepco 500 million customers etc...that 500 million was from website of pepco when it was formed and website not updated..Management  on other hand saying exactly what i was trying to say....and its gotten worse since then..Everybody knows the retail trade throughout the world is going through a recessionary period...

It amazes me that they still think their valuations working with past figures is the be all...and you think Wiese is going to walk away from his jewel being stolen? Talk of steinhoff will sue those responsible is absolute rubbish. Steinhoff shares were given...Thus Steinhoff will be responsible. Litagation litagation litagation...and now news of trying to sell conforama with a few bidders interested...

Forget valuating this company on fugues and models...One has to look at big overall picture ,,Talk of blind leading the stupid...More like fraudsters leading the newbies to me...They should be jailed....

and then the Guru states lies being posted in the thread when he has posted the biggest lie.....I wont say what...let him go figure it out...Its all in black and white in the thread....and this has to do with me btw....

you couldnt have said it better P....

I feel they are probably over invested in this share with a very high average, and they trying to convince themselves

I just hope my fellow newbies are carefull

and again i feel you done great by not giving up!

#328 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

yup! i see the snh gurus as u call them are starting to read propery now yet they continue with their excuses. I sold all my shares yesterday when i saw that drop on tradegate tuesday evening, knew something was up. Not reading all their nonsense helped with that decision. That buy i done last thursday worked out well

more mess more delays hey!

u have been more convincing with your snh valuation. thanks!

Yep...its amazing how the gurus can place  a foward looking  valuation on a company using models as of to say the company is not in distress,,,I posted earlier here where management in the 9 month quarterly review dated 30/6/2018 confiremd the problems....

extracts from the  9 months quarterly review / update dated 30June 2018 ( Unaudited

The extraordinary events during the current year have created significant uncertainties for the Group and its operating businesses. Furthermore, the confidence of the Group’s suppliers, creditors and customers has been undermined. This all contributed to a difficult general trading environment (as explained in more detail in the operational review) and significant diversion of management’s time.

The Group reported revenue growth of 2% to
€12.9 billion (9MFY17: €12.7 billion) from continuing operations for the nine months under review.
Operational results were severely impacted by the Steinhoff events and a difficult general retail trading environment

Operational entities were impacted by the events at their parent company and operational management teams faced additional challenges and incurred extraordinary costs. These challenges include:
• Liquidity management
- Raising working capital facilities at operating entity level to replace Group treasury funding
- Change of operational processes resulting from reduced supplier credit
- Active engagement with suppliers and credit insurers to substantiate and maintain reduced credit lines
• Customer confidence
- The negative press surrounding the Group influenced customer behaviour in many of the operations, and during this period enhanced communication was required. This was specifically relevant in product categories that provide multi-year customer guarantees and with made-to-order furniture (for example kitchens, upholstery and other large furniture items), as these products have a long lead time and require customers to pay a deposit upon ordering. These transactions were under pressure as a result of the uncertainty surrounding the stability of the Steinhoff Group.
• Organic growth
- In the household goods business, store openings and capex projects were put on hold.
- Business plans of all the operations have been thoroughly interrogated and management has been tasked to focus on profitability, cash flow, inventory management and overall cost reduction.
Difficult general retail trading environment
In most territories where the Group operates, operational divisions have experienced difficult trading environments resulting in reduced store traffic footfall and store profitability. The trading environment was influenced in the various geographies by low economic growth rates, increased competition and overtrading, the impact of online retailers, and customer indebtedness.

All the above i said a way back....and gurus talk of pepco 500 million customers etc...that 500 million was from website of pepco when it was formed and website not updated..Management  on other hand saying exactly what i was trying to say....and its gotten worse since then..Everybody knows the retail trade throughout the world is going through a recessionary period...

It amazes me that they still think their valuations working with past figures is the be all...and you think Wiese is going to walk away from his jewel being stolen? Talk of steinhoff will sue those responsible is absolute rubbish. Steinhoff shares were given...Thus Steinhoff will be responsible. Litagation litagation litagation...and now news of trying to sell conforama with a few bidders interested...

Forget valuating this company on fugues and models...One has to look at big overall picture ,,Talk of blind leading the stupid...More like fraudsters leading the newbies to me...They should be jailed....

and then the Guru states lies being posted in the thread when he has posted the biggest lie.....I wont say what...let him go figure it out...Its all in black and white in the thread....and this has to do with me btw....

Edited by Polly, 28 February 2019 - 10:34 AM.

#329 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:04 AM

There you go...More delays.... :ph34r:  :unsure:  :)

yup! i see the snh gurus as u call them are starting to read propery now yet they continue with their excuses. I sold all my shares yesterday when i saw that drop on tradegate tuesday evening, knew something was up. Not reading all their nonsense helped with that decision. That buy i done last thursday worked out well

more mess more delays hey!

u have been more convincing with your snh valuation. thanks!

#330 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

Polly what's your thoughts on future of multichoice business and whether this share can maintain its value.

IN have you got DSTV?

I cancelled out from November last year....

Edited by Polly, 28 February 2019 - 09:56 AM.

#331 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:51 AM

I sold my imp cfd few days ago...i don't know if anyupside today but great results

trading statement  earlier confirmed it...think now price built in ...

#332 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

I sold my imp cfd few days ago...i don't know if anyupside today but great results

#333 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:37 AM

Hi P and soutie..today going be a up mining day..u agree

You'll  get IMP up nicely on those results...Maybe already baked in & if so most def a strong consolidation gonna take place from here on in.

Only up from here depending on exchange rate & plat price but they making buckets of cash. 

#334 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:19 AM

Polly what's your thoughts on future of multichoice business and whether this share can maintain its value.

sorry will answer later

#335 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:19 AM

no...flat to down

Edited by Polly, 28 February 2019 - 09:20 AM.

#336 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

#337 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

Haha i am chilled...hey soutie y pd off cause my bti equities up 10 % allready ?

#338 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:28 AM

Thanks, at least you don't seem put out I know an ole fellow who genuinely worked on the floor :)  ffffkkkkk share people can be fkkkn bad humoured

Morning Midas.

Thanks for the quick reply & the info...I'll dig around a little before I decide have enough exposure to mining as it is.

As for bad humoured...well relax bud it was a cheeky swipe that's all & meant in jest...the market is serious enough....it's a chat room ffs... :P 

Enjoy your day. 

#339 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:11 AM

#340 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:47 PM

Did quick google think they do export to china

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting