1165 replies to this topic

#741 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

as of now i wont short agl , bhp, cfr or mondi..

rather short the retailers and banks.....but will give further confirmation before markets open tomorrow Leo...

if u want to short keep away from dual listed stocks....pound exchange rate will at least hold them up...retailers and banks best bet to short...

thats for today only...can change tomorrow if pound changes course

Edited by Polly, 23 January 2019 - 07:51 AM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#742 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:42 PM

Last one. Seeing.good momentum on Aspen. Maybe a long term hold?

Till tomo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#743 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:15 PM

Hi P..mrp taking off again...pleased i had my head wobble and bought on dip...hope npn keeps up drop for while...

Mr P is a good retail stock and will recover maybe after a year or 2 if you prepared to wait....but not after she drops further to around R180/190

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#744 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

big big moer in the Us now...

#745 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

there you go....US taking the stick

Mr Snippit will say i got inside info on this....bloody hell no..just traders luck or crystal ball or experience or just a bloody good trader

wrong again S...I saw it in your EW chart you will post tomorrow after the event like normal...hehehehehe

#746 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

Polly, are we going long or short tomo, npn or anglo or any share for that matter.

as of now i wont short agl , bhp, cfr or mondi..

rather short the retailers and banks.....but will give further confirmation before markets open tomorrow Leo...

#747 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

expecting some reversal in world markets tomorrow.....lets see

us closed today so need to wait till tomorrow for confirmation

there you go....US taking the stick

#748 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

Polly, are we going long or short tomo, npn or anglo or any share for that matter.

#749 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

Hi P..mrp taking off again...pleased i had my head wobble and bought on dip...hope npn keeps up drop for while...

#750 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

Npn getting further from my buy in at 2800 or less...will keep out of it at this price..tencent wasnt up these kind figures today not close..haha maybe people exited about multichoice shares...i think not !

#751 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

just went short alsi @ 47850..stop 200p above

stopped for 200 loss.....800 finally breaks....

wrong side of npn the culprit...

Edited by Polly, 21 January 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#752 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

just went short alsi @ 47850..stop 200p above

#753 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

Want buy npn on drop..but not going in unless down..my other shares looking good today..other than a few duds..that i may havehold until death do we part.🤣

#754 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:20 AM

us closed today so need to wait till tomorrow for confirmation

#755 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:20 AM

Hi polly..do you think npn has any chance dipping down 2800 or below again ? Was bargaining on it happening before 14 feb..as shareholders often get jitters before results..but seems be in strong bull trend...hope the trading week is profitable

expecting some reversal in world markets tomorrow.....lets see

#756 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:04 AM

Hi polly..do you think npn has any chance dipping down 2800 or below again ? Was bargaining on it happening before 14 feb..as shareholders often get jitters before results..but seems be in strong bull trend...hope the trading week is profitable

#757 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for advise

#758 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Preferred platform for cfds? And cheapest? I know you said IG a no no...if you allready posted this ill look back...thanks

1. for share cfds....IG cheapest and have a good platform

2.. for alsi trading...if you day trading , i still suggest IG  ( cash)...reasonably priced and excellent platform...If u hold overnight , you could be cheated out by Ig spikes as they could do what they want...

You can trade the alsi futures through a regulated broker like PSG but difference is :

with cash the cost of contract is about a R1000.00 while cost of futures contract with regulated broker is about +R30000.00   

both are about the same contract but ur  margin with IG is much lower...to make it sound easier to understand with a regulated broker you put down 10 they put down 90...with IG you out down 2 they put down 98....

#759 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Preferred platform for cfds? And cheapest? I know you said IG a no no...if you allready posted this ill look back...thanks

#760 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

Thanks...im quite quite disciplined re risk equals reward..but as i said had head spin buying mr p when saw the drop...but ok with it...its is good share and im down about 6 percent...also bought in proportionwith portfolio..as dont want loose my capital and reading your last post will keep away from alsi..id rather ask advise from someone long in tradingthan listen to some of wild card posts i see...no disrespect meant to anyone...but want my money to increase not decrease..just trying consider any trading options to increase profitability..thank you

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting