1165 replies to this topic

#761 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

If you missed it M , this is what i posted a few months ago in the advise to trading the alsi

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

1. Trading is a closed sum game. IE for every winner there is a loser unlike investing. And like any other game, you will get out from what you put in. Lots of time and effort needed to make in trading.

2. The most important advise i can give you over and over again on Trading: Protection of capital should be your first and only  priority when you enter the trading world. Always have a stop loss in place however good the trade may look. if you priority is make money , you will lose all your money  i promise you.

3.Do not wait for trade ideas from others . Work on being self reliant.

4. Initially trade small, preserve and then increase your trade size as you gain satisfying levels of proficiency,  Rome was not built in a day. 

5. Never compare yourself to others. That is a fools game

6. Read good books about trading before starting to trade

7. Try to get a mentor who has experience and has been long in the game. If not try to ask them better questions to improve your trading skills

8. Work on creating you own trading system. First thing is determine if you want to be a scalper, day trader, swing trader, medium term trader pr long term trader. For newbies i suggest try day trading first.

9. Also determine your time frame of charts you want to use. 5 min , 15 min, 30 min, i hr, 4 hr, daily etc

Practice , practice  and more practice on that time frame until your see recurring patters that will make you enter a trade.

10.Learn about charting techniques and  indicators that will help you in your charting. More does not mean better. First thing to learn about is support and resistance levels by means of trend lines. That is the start. Then try to learn about the different chart patters namely, head and shoulders, inverse head and shoulders, cup and handle, triangles, double bottoms, double tops, etc etc as they become more complicated

11. Put in the effort that will speed up your learning curve.

12. As a newbie do not put in very high goals.Be realistic. In your first year of trading you would be doing very well if you break even for the year. Hand in there as you will only get better. In fact it make take you a good three years before you actually can say you confident of making money. In the first year i have heard of traders busting their accounts a few times. Thus after a year decide if this trading is for you or not. 

13. Trading is a very emotional game. Its actually not about the markets , its about you. You will learn a lot of things about yourself you never knew. After a year decide if you have the temperament to continue or not.

14. If you a smoker, drinker, gambler or womanizer, i suggest you dont go into trading.

15. Like gambling, trading is very addictive. Only trade with money you are prepared to lose otherwise you can lose your house , your car, your wife and finally have your dad take care of you.

Plenty more advise and i will continue to give as time dictates.

Please remember rule number 2... Preserve your capital at all times Trade small.. The more chips you have , the longer you can play. No chips no play ( game over)

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#762 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

Polly Hi..dont want bomb you questions..but which platform would you recommend for trading alsi as you do and do they offer trial period to learn ? Dont want loose a lot...do you agree with this...https://www.herenya....y-alsi/....also am i correct in saying you trading alsi cash? One ladt question re mpr when you say your targer 190...what technicals from which platform do you use to say 190 and why? Trying sharpen my pencil on all this...if you don't wish disclose any above not issue..Regards and thanks

Hi M

firstly i want to make sure u understand the alsi is not an easy instrument to trade. I wont recommend it to anyone who has not traded cfd shares for at least 5 years. You really got to up your game and be on the ball trading the alsi. I reckon 90% of people lose money trading the alsi. Technicals is not the be all to trade the alsi. Much more to it. Firstly you need to understand what drives this instrument, its contents , its constituents, foreign exchange rates and much more. The  proof is in the alsi thread itself where ive seen members come and go and never to be seen again as they lose all their monies. My recommendation first try dealing with shares and once you confident then move to the demo version of alsi for at least 24 months before you trade it. The alsi is referred to as the Beast particularly for this reason. To trade it you actually need a system proven over time or you will be in a hiding to nothing. I have seen some lose over R2m trading it, chasing for losses and losing more.. In this forum i know of virtually no one who can say they made money. For a newbie to trade, it will eat you alive. In actual fact if after a year trading it , you break even then that is something to be proud off. For then record i busted my account twice in the first 4 months trading it, took a break, worked on it and came back stronger.

So my advise to you is keep away from it for the time being....

As far as the target for Mr Price is concerned , that was not a technical call but a fundamental call on the trading statement out earlier this week as i think its P/E was just to rich in our economic climate.Using a P/E which i think is more reasonable given the state of the economy we in , gives me a fair price  about R185/ R190

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#763 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

This is link i was asking your opinion on...https://www.herenya....-strategy-alsi/

#764 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

Polly Hi..dont want bomb you questions..but which platform would you recommend for trading alsi as you do and do they offer trial period to learn ? Dont want loose a lot...do you agree with this...https://www.herenya....y-alsi/....also am i correct in saying you trading alsi cash? One ladt question re mpr when you say your targer 190...what technicals from which platform do you use to say 190 and why? Trying sharpen my pencil on all this...if you don't wish disclose any above not issue..Regards and thanks

#765 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

cfr broke to upside of wedge...so good long for cfd trade at breakout

Good up 4 % cfr and mnd allready

#766 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

argggg not looking.. mnd and cfr better for me  to watch...not going watch anything now till tonight pointless.

cfr broke to upside of wedge...so good long for cfd trade at breakout

#767 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

target about R190.00

argggg not looking.. mnd and cfr better for me  to watch...not going watch anything now till tonight pointless.

#768 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

Hope you made lots shorting mrp...haha cause im well down 8 percent

target about R190.00

#769 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

watching acl like a hawk for next long trade.....

#770 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Hope you made lots shorting mrp...haha cause im well down 8 percent

#771 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

No..i admit lost the mind when saw drop..another lesson learnt..normally cool headed

#772 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

Hi..i agree lost the logic when saw down 16 percent..going have just hold it...mpr isnt even my preferred retail share...shoprite is

did you see the trading statement out before market opened? flat growth..

retailers was good shorting opportunities today../..all of them....should all go back to support way down...

#773 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

Hi..i agree lost the logic when saw down 16 percent..going have just hold it...mpr isnt even my preferred retail share...shoprite is

#774 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

When mpr dropped 16 % bought more..start thinking positive now haha

never try to catch a falling knife and try to be clever....

all retailers bar foshini hit today....and i think more to come....

#775 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

When mpr dropped 16 % bought more..start thinking positive now haha

#776 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Hope done right thing bought mr p at 13 percent down..and sasol today pleased with sasol..slaughter on market...i reckon npn going drop like brick end jan..

#777 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

as of friday lots of top 40 shares were at resistance...so lots of shorting opportunities..

there goes retailers...boom at resistance......

#778 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Sasol price looking good...do you agree...thinking of going in or do you think further drops..i want trade it..would sell at about 10 percent upside..

#779 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

Snippit.. polly cannot see your messages as he blocked you..so why you messaging him...doesn't make sense..and im not interested in conversing...now have a nice positive day

Aha the  troller and noise is back..Midas just ignore and report him...Maybe he will be booted out once and for all....

#780 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:24 PM

Snippit.. polly cannot see your messages as he blocked you..so why you messaging him...doesn't make sense..and im not interested in conversing...now have a nice positive day

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting