Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:13 AM

Negative article on BATS on Motley Fool

buy when all negative...especially when company cash flush

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#983 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:03 AM

Negative article on BATS on Motley Fool

#984 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

Printed all that info. Thank you.

Im still interested in BATS and Aspen...Bats want to buy at base and not sure if it will go down further as dropped so quickly.

Aspen I should have bought at 142...so will hope it has another drop and try to get in mid 40s.

Both of these Id like to sell by next q4 or latest q 1 2019..10 - 15 % profit and ill sell. Thanks. no rush to answer.

#985 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for some very good info Polly.

I have the following:
1. Normal annuity through discovery integrated with vitally etc which will be enough for SA retirement at 55
2. USD pension fund with employer as I work abroad. Company is based in UK.

I have ZAR And USD to invest. I agree and have a feeling there’s a 2008’ish correction coming so I’m going to hang on before diving in.
In the meantime I’ll invest in some of your recommendations like BAT, Mondi and discovery. I think the discovery bank will add to business.
The plan is to buy and forget about it.

I’ll look at some Berkshire Hathaway once price drops with USD funds

#986 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

My opinion to the bag holders now:

dont add : dont sell ; dont look:

Give it 6 months now and then check

Just stay put  and hope for the best.....lose all or make big!!

Just gotta hope I get timming right for the suprise sudden up...

I'm sure ur busy with all those screens, it's what makes u good at what u do... Thanks for your time in answering.... Appreciated

For steinhoff lovers, needs to break above R2.08 to start looking for a bigger move up....

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#987 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

Remember the world at the moment is in a heavy dilemma , bad state or terrible mess  and being is being dictated by unjust rulers, gangsters and narcissist exactly like this forum. Hate against one another  has become the common norm. Unjust attacks, people being called cons without proofs, taking sides yet splitting the people, you with me or against me etc etc,,

Its hard to tell who is fake and who is is real theses days.But one must  never despair because the One above has a way of exposing such people. For the sake of humanity you must carry on doing good. If you happen to fall prey to such people , learn your lesson and move on. Remember they cant fake it forever. The mask will fall off. Today Presidents fall into that category. There is a saying that corruption and evil will be rife in a country which is governed by unjust rulers. How very true for most countries in this world.

The charts have a way of predicting all this in the future. 

World War 3????? Already we see countries ganging together and splitting the world. We have Presidents who are only interested in their own benefits and not of the country and people  they represent.  Trade wars for no  good reason with other countries besides envy on other party who are trying to feed their nation and building up progressing a solid nation. And most common of all the total disrespect of humanity with assignations, bombings, murders all for personal gain.

We are living in very difficult times  and imo the end of the world is very near...

Hence my negativity and the negativity of the charts...

Ps: Do your own homework or i will be attacked again  :)

#988 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:37 AM

too see if you guys understand the charts, heres the chart of the sa top 40 index..

what do you guys see?

Attached File  1003.PNG   320.69KB   1 downloads

#989 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:23 AM

and for interest sake , the power of the death cross in 2007

Attached File  1002.PNG   95.36KB   1 downloads

see what happened when the brown line cut below the blue line ( 50 cut below 200)...together with the negative divergence..

CRASH........

Charts showed it all way before the cross with that divergence

Edited by Polly, 17 November 2018 - 10:24 AM.

#990 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:16 AM

just to add:

remember Us markets lead and rest of world follow:

same chart above now done on daily..

1.Watch the negative divergence on rsi against higher price..Falling rsi from january 2018 and higher prices rest of year..

2. Watch for the death cross when 50ema cuts below 200ema. That is  the worst signal ever that a chart can show. brown line is 50ema and blue line is 200ema,

3. Charts giving an early warning signal. Im not negative, its just what i pick up on the charts.

Attached File  1001.PNG   251.85KB   0 downloads

Edited by Polly, 17 November 2018 - 10:18 AM.

#991 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

Hi Polly,
I see on easy equities it’s possible to transfer money to a us trading account and invest there. Would the share certificate be transferrable abroad or is it owned via ee in SA? Any idea?

Looking a good Rand hedge. Any suggestions for long term investments or strategy? I have disposable ZAR every month I would like to invest using a balanced approx.

Hi Larry

1. I have given my opinion on easy equities and wont go near it. However you can phone them and get details you require

2. As  a South African, you CANNOT invest in overseas shares without getting a clearance from SARS and SA reserve bank approval.

3. If criteria 2 is met you can use one of the better brokers , Saxo bank  or even Julius Baer who are of one the best overseas brokers around and who just entered this country but probably the most expensive. 

4. Dual listed investments i can recommend ( best keep to TOP 40 shares as you cant go wrong long term)..Buy on weakness

a.  Mondi     

b. BHP billition

c. Anglo American

d. Investec property fund Australia

e. British American Tobacco

f. Richemont

5. Sa shares with large part of income from oversea i can recommend

a. Supergroup

b. Sasol

c. Aspen

d. MTN

e. Bidvest

f. Discovery

g . Woolworths

timing is essential for long term. Lots of bargains out there so long term you could be nibbling now...Say one third of what u require. Do your homework and see if any of above sold off badly then get in...but stagger purchases as who knows when the bleeding will stop.

Of all above i will add to long term portfolio in order of choice

1. Mondi

2. BAT

3. Surgroup

4. Discovery

5. Aspen

If you looking for a small cap stock and in my opinion the best share to get for long term is Santova which also has overseas income.

Just my opinion for what its worth

Now i aid buy a trenche of a third on any weaknesses..When will you add is your own risk profile..

However if the following below happens i suggest you dispose of all your long term holdings

Attached File  1000.PNG   229.35KB   0 downloads

This is the weekly chart of the S&P index..

watch the previous crashes/corrections in 2000 and 2008

1. price gave negative divergences and broke below 200day moving averageand long term support trendline

2. at moment we above 200ema and above t/l but huge negative divergence.. The divergence is saying something bad about to happen

3. If those two breaks sell all and go into cash

#992 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

Hi Polly,
I see on easy equities it’s possible to transfer money to a us trading account and invest there. Would the share certificate be transferrable abroad or is it owned via ee in SA? Any idea?

Looking a good Rand hedge. Any suggestions for long term investments or strategy? I have disposable ZAR every month I would like to invest using a balanced approx.

#993 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Hi M...

just look now quickly...next resistance is +-R2920

Thanks

#994 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:32 AM

I have these..when you have time do you see levels about 2950..then 3130..then 3400 ? Thanks

Hi M...

just look now quickly...next resistance is +-R2920

#995 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:10 AM

I have these..when you have time do you see levels about 2950..then 3130..then 3400 ? Thanks

will post a chart tomorrow...busy screen watching now

#996 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:08 AM

npn

#997 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

Thanks..looking for something to flip in a few days or weeks...will keep looking unless any ideas

npn

#998 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

only good buy if u want good divi..and long term investment...will bounce back after a year or 2

also brexit having an effect on GBP weakening...so rand/gbp also weakening...will briing price down as dual listed

Thanks..looking for something to flip in a few days or weeks...will keep looking unless any ideas

#999 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:59 AM

Morning...do you have any ideas  if British American Tabbaco is a good buy yet? Price plummeting I think due to the vapour cigarettes being banned..Wonder if theres an opportunity to buy and flip it for some profit..Thanks.. Anything else out there that's looking good for a buy and sell over a few weeks.? Thanks

only good buy if u want good divi..and long term investment...will bounce back after a year or 2

also brexit having an effect on GBP weakening...so rand/gbp also weakening...will briing price down as dual listed

#1000 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:56 AM

Morning...do you have any ideas  if British American Tabbaco is a good buy yet? Price plummeting I think due to the vapour cigarettes being banned..Wonder if theres an opportunity to buy and flip it for some profit..Thanks.. Anything else out there that's looking good for a buy and sell over a few weeks.? Thanks

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting