#941 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

sold a few of my GPL at 2.50...average cost R2.34

overweight in my portfolio so will continue selling as she moves higher..

Somethings up though....large volume buyer

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#942 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

and closed ..early morning freebie

closed early...here comes target 800

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#943 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:04 AM

:D

rinse wash and repeat AGAIN

and closed ..early morning freebie

#944 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:04 AM

red or black?  lets go black @ 400

:D

rinse wash and repeat AGAIN

#945 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:50 AM

red or black?  lets go black @ 400

#946 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:09 AM

Hi Polly

Do you know why Ellies had to pay in tax on the 2018 year end profits? If they had been trading at a loss for the years before, would this assessed loss not be carried forward and offset against the profit? Not sure if you had a chance to check the financials?

Hi Trader1

no i havent looked at financials...but out of my head if i remember correctly, last 10 years company has always made a profit but main problem has been cash flow. Lots of investments in redundant stocks which were over priced, goodwill , etc. All these had to be written down. So i dont think they actually had tax losses. But i could be wrong.

#947 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:27 PM

Hi Polly

Do you know why Ellies had to pay in tax on the 2018 year end profits? If they had been trading at a loss for the years before, would this assessed loss not be carried forward and offset against the profit? Not sure if you had a chance to check the financials?

#948 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:26 AM

dont think you  should worry about other assets in NPN...Its value for time being is based solely in its holdings in TC..

Thanks

#949 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:25 AM

And I assume elections next year won’t do much for investors confidence either?

#950 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:19 AM

Polly let us know when you suggest it’s time to go long

ok will do...but looking bleak at moment from the overseas charting point of view..

Today in Sa which could effect markets bigtime:

Ramphosa doing a cabinet reshuffle

Interest rate decision

Both at about 3pm...keep an eye

Edited by Polly, 22 November 2018 - 11:20 AM.

#951 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

Polly let us know when you suggest it’s time to go long

#952 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:56 AM

fasten your seat belts guys...we going back to previous lows...alsi that is

Zig zag though...today confirming

Edited by Polly, 22 November 2018 - 10:57 AM.

#953 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:44 AM

Polly your opinion please...niggling thought at the back of my mind....AEG at 4c or 5c even, I have not seen Management and Board members taking up these AEG shares if they believe  AEG has a chance of making it....whats your take on this ?

Management and Directors are not paid to buy shares into their company. There job now is top save their jobs and the company.

In most small caps when i see directors and management buying shares , it actually raises a red flag in my view...JBL , GPL , Blu , Ellies , etc

#954 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

Polly your opinion please...niggling thought at the back of my mind....AEG at 4c or 5c even, I have not seen Management and Board members taking up these AEG shares if they believe  AEG has a chance of making it....whats your take on this ?

#955 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

i see todays alsi play the 45400 short and 44800 long later did the trick  :rolleyes:

#956 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again...Can you advise what the sens re British American tobacco means...re registered exchange offer..are these company bonds. Ive read this through and unsure...Thanks.

Yes bonds to be listed...This continues to happen on rotation basis as one bond matures a new one gets listed...No real effect on share price ( except maybe interest rate differential between maturing bond and new bond) but just a formality they got to do.

#957 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

Hi P,

Will takelots black Friday help the rally?, they expect to sell about 1.6milR double last year. not much in whole picture but it is positive. TC also doing short video aps to take on bytedance..info released today and today their ipo for travel site raised 180 mil USD. Hoping for a rally up to 30 November and not a down turn next week, but see most people say after thanksgiving markets tend go down. Thanks

dont think you  should worry about other assets in NPN...Its value for time being is based solely in its holdings in TC..

#958 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again...Can you advise what the sens re British American tobacco means...re registered exchange offer..are these company bonds. Ive read this through and unsure...Thanks.

#959 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hi P,

Will takelots black Friday help the rally?, they expect to sell about 1.6milR double last year. not much in whole picture but it is positive. TC also doing short video aps to take on bytedance..info released today and today their ipo for travel site raised 180 mil USD. Hoping for a rally up to 30 November and not a down turn next week, but see most people say after thanksgiving markets tend go down. Thanks

#960 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:07 AM

today is purely thanksgiving bonus to bulls...back to normal business next Monday

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting