1165 replies to this topic

#1041 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:41 PM

saw this...been in doldrums last 2 months...juts getting worse..even weaker rand not supporting. Today something about stop producing menthol ciggies.

But over medium to long term cant go wrong.....will recover...Excellent divi payer and loads of cash.

Short term will only turn when overall markets turn..at moment alsi trend down

Tx

Sent from my SM-G935F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#1042 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

Hi P,

Short term view on BAT? Dropped 11%, i red the report, so know why.

Short term speculation?

saw this...been in doldrums last 2 months...juts getting worse..even weaker rand not supporting. Today something about stop producing menthol ciggies.

But over medium to long term cant go wrong.....will recover...Excellent divi payer and loads of cash.

Short term will only turn when overall markets turn..at moment alsi trend down

Edited by Polly, 12 November 2018 - 02:38 PM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#1043 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

Hi P,

Short term view on BAT? Dropped 11%, i red the report, so know why.

Short term speculation?

#1044 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:05 PM

Thanks, much appreciated.

Thanks again.

U welcome

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#1045 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

Ok i see where u comming from.

NO....if you buy a dual listed share, ownership is only in South Africa due to foreign exchange regulations.

If you move overseas u need reserve bank approval before shares can be transferred into your name in the overseas share register via your regulated broker. 

A good example is BHP Billition...Its listed in 4 stock exchanges. If you buy it here in SA , you will never appear in any of the other 3 countries share register even if you move overseas.  Basically means you need to sell it in SA and rebuy back in overseas country where you moved too.. Im sure they will have same regulations

PS...i may be wrong but as far as i know you cannot buy overseas shares with a south african regulated stock broker.

Thanks, much appreciated.

My gut feel was that this may be the case.

I did however think there may be way of retaining ownership in an asset such as share and transferring to a different platform.

Thanks again.

#1046 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

Hi Polly,

I was trying to figure out the general workings of it, but I assume then there are variables involved.

In my case I purchase and transact through the FNB app.

I previously held shares in Steinhoff, listed in multiple countries. - Fortunately got rid of this.

Also own shares in Europa Metals "EUZ" listed in multiple countries.

Ok i see where u comming from.

NO....if you buy a dual listed share, ownership is only in South Africa due to foreign exchange regulations.

If you move overseas u need reserve bank approval before shares can be transferred into your name in the overseas share register via your regulated broker. 

A good example is BHP Billition...Its listed in 4 stock exchanges. If you buy it here in SA , you will never appear in any of the other 3 countries share register even if you move overseas.  Basically means you need to sell it in SA and rebuy back in overseas country where you moved too.. Im sure they will have same regulations

PS...i may be wrong but as far as i know you cannot buy overseas shares with a south african regulated stock broker.

Edited by Polly, 12 November 2018 - 12:55 PM.

#1047 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:49 PM

Hi M..

in order to answer that please advice if you a bought an international share or a etf or something else..

BY this i mean for example did u buy facebook shares via fnb??

or did u buy the share via another international broking house?

or via what i call a bucket shop operator?

Hi Polly,

I was trying to figure out the general workings of it, but I assume then there are variables involved.

In my case I purchase and transact through the FNB app.

I previously held shares in Steinhoff, listed in multiple countries. - Fortunately got rid of this.

Also own shares in Europa Metals "EUZ" listed in multiple countries.

#1048 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

Hi Polly,

Apologies if this question is a little off topic to the purpose of your thread, as I have not been able to find an answer to the following question.

How does the ownership of share work, or where does the ownership vest?

I purchase shares through the FNB share investing platform.

I have now purchased shares in an international company also listed on other exchanges in London, Australia etc.

Does the company have any record of you owning the shares with them, and do you effectively somewhere have a share certificate in this company?

Let's assume this company was for example willingly or by their own decision delisted from the JSE, or I moved to a different country where the share is also listed.

For theoretical purposes another example would be if the JSE crashed.

Can I then submit a theoretical share certificate to an intermediary and trade on that platform?

Hope the above makes sens.

Effectively trying to determine if you buy shares in a company and then you own that irrelevant of the platform.

Or, if you buy into a platform and your ownership will not be internationally recognised.

Hi M..

in order to answer that please advice if you a bought an international share or a etf or something else..

BY this i mean for example did u buy facebook shares via fnb??

or did u buy the share via another international broking house?

or via what i call a bucket shop operator?

Edited by Polly, 12 November 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#1049 Matrix

Matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:38 PM

Hi Polly,

Apologies if this question is a little off topic to the purpose of your thread, as I have not been able to find an answer to the following question.

How does the ownership of share work, or where does the ownership vest?

I purchase shares through the FNB share investing platform.

I have now purchased shares in an international company also listed on other exchanges in London, Australia etc.

Does the company have any record of you owning the shares with them, and do you effectively somewhere have a share certificate in this company?

Let's assume this company was for example willingly or by their own decision delisted from the JSE, or I moved to a different country where the share is also listed.

For theoretical purposes another example would be if the JSE crashed.

Can I then submit a theoretical share certificate to an intermediary and trade on that platform?

Hope the above makes sens.

Effectively trying to determine if you buy shares in a company and then you own that irrelevant of the platform.

Or, if you buy into a platform and your ownership will not be internationally recognised.

#1050 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:57 AM

Guys a good long term investment is Santova Logistics....

reached a highn of +-R4.00 and now gave a good pullback right to t/l at +-R2.90

that t/l was resistance before and now acting as support...One to watch for long term...

PS I dont own it but try to get it as close to R2.90

Tx p

#1051 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:40 AM

Guys a good long term investment is Santova Logistics....

reached a highn of +-R4.00 and now gave a good pullback right to t/l at +-R2.90

that t/l was resistance before and now acting as support...One to watch for long term...

PS I dont own it but try to get it as close to R2.90

#1052 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:55 PM

attachicon.gifsnf.JPG

OK heres is some tech analysis

1.  200ema ( the blue serrated line right at top) is at R7.56....way above current price....for this to become a buy as i said in another thread, price needs to be 200ema on daily.....

2. Playing with emas, i noticed for steinhoff the 89ema ( another commonly used ema) is the resistance ....the brown line//89ema is at R2.62

3. now i draw trendlines) 

a.top to bottom is previous recent highs joined together...black line this is the resistance line

b last low to higher lows joined together is the other upward sloping line..this is the support line..also black line

what do you see...On the 30th October price broke below the supprt line +-R1.88

at the moment from a tech point of view ultra bearish..

for it to turn bullish a little the following needs to happen

1. back inside triangle/flag first  ie price must go back up above +-1.90 to regain support.

2.then price needs to break resistance at +-R2.16 above downard sloping tl

3.. Then price needs top break above 89em a at +- R2.62

4. and finally to really become a buy for long term needs to take out 200ema at +-R7.56

R7.56 is way higher than what i initially suggest in an ealrier post where i said at R5.00 i may consider going in as cl;ever money pours in...Worn gi was..make that R7.56

remember all those prices change everyday as u follow the support and resistance lines and also ema changes daily

So Leo u can check the chart and make your decisions..

Iam not trading this long or short and will stay out IE i have no open positions on steinhoff now or in near future..

i will only consider buying for long tern if  R8.00 breaks to upside...

PS : the haters will say above is fake, a con, uninformed, inane etc

So let me put in a disclaimer :

The above is my opinion only , take it or ignore it  :)

#1053 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

Attached File  snf.JPG   73.33KB   2 downloads

OK heres is some tech analysis

1.  200ema ( the blue serrated line right at top) is at R7.56....way above current price....for this to become a buy as i said in another thread, price needs to be 200ema on daily.....

2. Playing with emas, i noticed for steinhoff the 89ema ( another commonly used ema) is the resistance ....the brown line//89ema is at R2.62

3. now i draw trendlines) 

a.top to bottom is previous recent highs joined together...black line this is the resistance line

b last low to higher lows joined together is the other upward sloping line..this is the support line..also black line

what do you see...On the 30th October price broke below the supprt line +-R1.88

at the moment from a tech point of view ultra bearish..

for it to turn bullish a little the following needs to happen

1. back inside triangle/flag first  ie price must go back up above +-1.90 to regain support.

2.then price needs to break resistance at +-R2.16 above downard sloping tl

3.. Then price needs top break above 89em a at +- R2.62

4. and finally to really become a buy for long term needs to take out 200ema at +-R7.56

R7.56 is way higher than what i initially suggest in an ealrier post where i said at R5.00 i may consider going in as cl;ever money pours in...Worn gi was..make that R7.56

remember all those prices change everyday as u follow the support and resistance lines and also ema changes daily

So Leo u can check the chart and make your decisions..

Iam not trading this long or short and will stay out IE i have no open positions on steinhoff now or in near future..

i will only consider buying for long tern if  R8.00 breaks to upside...

#1054 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:20 PM

Tx.

I also appreciate that this is an unconventional share, so it trades on sentiment. And i think it's actually worth zero, or close it.

Thanks

#1055 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

I get it.

Playing this share for two more rounds, I'm currently out.

1) long this share before this Fri, mattress firm lock up expected and then next Tues, expect the final lock up agreement. Wanna sell out soon thereafter on the day.

2) if the share goes above R3, short before fy17 results to be released in Dec. If under, then I'd rather do nothing. This share has to potential to peak 1 to 2 hours after the afs have been released, drawing suckers in, then taking dump.

Obv, this goes with stops.

This a bad plan,.risky or just lunacy?

Leo, i cant give you any advise on your play but let me post  a chart wiht all the supports , resistance , moving averages  etc and then you decide..

#1056 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:58 PM

After that. I'm out, no more of snh

#1057 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

I get it.

Playing this share for two more rounds, I'm currently out.

1) long this share before this Fri, mattress firm lock up expected and then next Tues, expect the final lock up agreement. Wanna sell out soon thereafter on the day.

2) if the share goes above R3, short before fy17 results to be released in Dec. If under, then I'd rather do nothing. This share has to potential to peak 1 to 2 hours after the afs have been released, drawing suckers in, then taking dump.

Obv, this goes with stops.

This a bad plan,.risky or just lunacy?

#1058 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Very good advice and sensible.

I'm going to change my investment strategy soon. I'd like some help pls.

The only help /advise i can give you, even before you ask,  is please dont be a " Bagholder"  :)  :D  :rolleyes:

PS investing term for holding/ buying  into disastrous shares and then praying and hoping for it to rebound

and been here long enough to know who the bagholders are

Edited by Polly, 11 November 2018 - 04:00 PM.

#1059 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:01 PM

Very good advice and sensible.

I'm going to change my investment strategy soon. I'd like some help pls.

#1060 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:24 PM

Just for some perspective pls.

https://kreviewer.co...1-their-shorts/

25m shorts, 4.2b issued share capital, obv not all a free float. Avg daily trades a are between 2 to 3 m shares.

Doesn't appear that the share is in a massive short position?

Hi Leo

I have posted my view of this somewhere, either in the SNH thread or here.

But tool lazy to look for it so here goes..

I have stop trading snh last 6 months. Why?

IMO its past its sell by date. 

To short you need a good r/r ratio. R4.00 possibly R3 were good r/r to short..

When price drops so low below R2.00 and very close to all time low , is it worth shorting?

Yeah the SNH thread boys will say you will get your balls squeezed. 

I say otherwise....

I say the threat of suspension becomes very very high. Why short now when u cant make any money on it if its suddenly suspended.. 

If you short at R2.00 and its suspended at R1.50 , you only good for 50c and not till zero.. So r/r not good to short now. Pro traders know this. Punter traders  or man in street or dumb money probably make up that 25m  shorts you talk about. Pros have made the easy money and walked away.

SNH price now entering " NO mans land" or " Day of reckoning" very soon. A 10% price below atl and i guarantee its game over....

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting