1165 replies to this topic

#1081 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:09 AM

Last 18 US election years in a row has seen markets soar on day of results and today is no exception.  

.think this is temporary and downside will continue for most of this month

well we at least got that right..

1 dow was up +400p on that election day

2. and yesterday was pain followed by probably more pain  today 

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#1082 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

I was really happy when I found this Sharechat platform, as it's helped me as a "newbie" really learn a lot and creates an opportunity to engage with others.

This bad-mouthing and fighting recently has become so irritating that I do not visit the website much any more.

I'm not sure what the history of this site is, neither know what everyone is talking about wrt conmen, etc.

If you are approached by a member asking money for something and you pay, then it's your own stupidity.

I wish everyone would just attempt to add value together.

At some point Polly has come across a bit strong-minded and "passionate", but has been correct with their predictions in most cases.

The analysis and train of thought with regard to specific shares and why the price might be dropping really helps.

As a newbie learning the ropes the charts you provide are really not helpful to us, and its like trying to read Chinese.

It also seems that these charts are mostly reactive, and you need to be able to interpret the patterns to guess for the future.

This will definitely be helpful to more experienced traders.

Newbies cannot do without the type of feedback that Polly also provides as these chart honestly adds zero value to us.

So if Polly and Snippet can't sit around the same table I would wish that we could just have two separate threads, and everyone can learn how and where they want.

This has happened before on this website, many years ago, when the moderator failed to take action. The guy causing the trouble was from Durban too but I think he went to work for ISIS after destroying this chat room.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#1083 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:06 PM

Polly I have a question:
What do you believe the impact of the us elections will have on the zarusd and jse?
Any potential investment opportunities worth looking into?

Thank you

well today rand has strengthened purely because of USD weakenss...

This has caused metals to shoot up as money moves from USD  into stocks, oil, copper etc..

Thats why most world markets all green today...

We have already discussed this in our PM chat.. Last 18 US election years in a row has seen markets soar on day of results and today is no exception.

However tomorrow could be different so dont believe this is a new uptrend. The S&P futures has today recaptured its 200ema on the daily after about  15 trading days...could be bullish if actual index later tonight follow suite. However we have reservations about that.

Impact oF ZAR..

A strengthening ZAR was always bad for our overall top 40 markets because we over 60% of out top 40 market cap was made up of dual listed shares.

However in last 12 months i noticed this scenario has changed due to more retailers in our top 40 and with the disappearance of the dual listed SAB.

Now it works the opposite...strengthening rands take our retailer and banks up but still dual listed down but overall up.

effect on JSE on all shares....think this is temporary and downside will continue for most of this month

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#1084 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

Thought you were banned with Snippit for 2 days?

#1085 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Polly I have a question:
What do you believe the impact of the us elections will have on the zarusd and jse?
Any potential investment opportunities worth looking into?

Thank you 🙏🏻

#1086 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:26 PM

Thanks Polly for this great thread, there’s a lot of people that value your input. I’ve followed your advice for a while and you’ve been keeping it real for some time. At one stage everyone was pomping snh and you were about the only voice of reason.

I agree with Keanu Reeves that we appreciate Snippit’s charts but can’t really use them. Maybe do separate thread as suggested with more detailed explanations on the charts so we can learn from you as well.

Lion, keep up the enthusiasm buddy

Thanks L....through in a request here on what company chart u want analysed and ill do it in evenings...trading full time during day( screen watching) so hard to find the time now for that... and plz no penny stock, mid caps and low liquidity shares as charts means nothing for these....

Edited by Polly, 07 November 2018 - 12:28 PM.

#1087 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Polly for this great thread, there’s a lot of people that value your input. I’ve followed your advice for a while and you’ve been keeping it real for some time. At one stage everyone was pomping snh and you were about the only voice of reason.

I agree with Keanu Reeves that we appreciate Snippit’s charts but can’t really use them. Maybe do separate thread as suggested with more detailed explanations on the charts so we can learn from you as well.

Lion, keep up the enthusiasm buddy 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

#1088 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

Been very quiet here lately...so here goes.

My son isn't feeling well should I keep him off dairy products...?

Think it could be a virus caught at school.

Thanks in advance...

doctor doctor doctor...quick quick quick  :D  :D  :D

#1089 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

Been very quiet here lately...so here goes.

My son isn't feeling well should I keep him off dairy products...?

Think it could be a virus caught at school.

Thanks in advance...

Anyone need a heads up...!

#1090 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

Hi Polly, I normally also don't buy gold shares. Learned the hard way a few years back. 

But Sibanye currently looks good to me. Its a medium term investment. So I bought in at 9 rand. I will sell at 11 rand. 

I analysed the chart and the current SENS. I think it can slowly move up to that price. Definitely not trading in Gold for long term investment. As you mentioned there is way better investments for the long term. 

#1091 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:31 PM

Andi i dont do gold at all so cant comment.. This company grew too big too quickly with all those acqusitions so lots of risks now...

Andi you still thinking of getting some Sibanye?

Hope you read between the lines what i posted....

If you still think its a good buy, check it against the penny/small stock thread especially against the clever/dumb money flow.

Sibanye was a large cap stock until about 6 months ago until it fell off the top 40. Dropped from +-R40 to +-R10.00 since

Growing by acquisitions using bank/bond finance not the space to be in right now. ( Aspen, Steinhoff , etc etc)

Management seem to be gamblers imo. Seen a lot of tweets recently( maybe 2 weeks back) talking about a break of downtrend line so lots punters long now i think. But price has done absolutely nothing. Not one i follow and not one i will recommend. In my humble opinion, gold stocks are the worse investment you will ever make. So is pure gold.  Just look at last 5 year history and you will see. The only person backing gold shares last 10 years has been Clive Roffey. Sure he will get it right and say i told you so but even a broken clock is right once a day

Im my opinion i wont be surprised to see this trading around R5.00 within a year.

#1092 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

Dear Polly,

1. Do you think it is ethical for yourself as a self-proclaimed Professional Trader to dupe the public into believing that the numbers 200, 400, 600 and 800 are magical when you say they are. Meaning that only you can tell the public when these numbers will work by deciding which index, what number, what time and which direction.
  2. Is it also ethical to say your system is so certain that it should be published in the Mail and Guardian for all to see and benefit from.
  3. Will you permit for a reporter and photographer of the Mail and Guardian and a reporter crew from Carte Blanche to interview you about your trading system?

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#1093 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:17 PM

Andi i dont do gold at all so cant comment.. This company grew too big too quickly with all those acqusitions so lots of risks now...

Sign of the times - every share have risks and acquisitions were to diversify. In bull markets gold stocks suck - in bear market they do great.  So advice above uninformed and reiterate the shallowness of the helpdesk.

Group adjusted EBITDA declined by 40%, so what?, that is the past and you invest for the future.  EBITDA is already worked into the share price.

Gold is more often than not used as a buffer against volatility and uncertainty.   Gold price is leaning towards going up, and USDZAR is favoring USD.  Yes, gold is now a good investment and it is sold in dollar per ounce.  perfect upward storm in my opinion - you still need to do your homework, cause it is just an opinion you manage your money.  Look at Snippit's charts on USD/ZAR and you will get some great insights.

Sibanye have a few challenges, they want to lay off unproductive people that government do not want, agreement reached with government to first try other alternatives. Secondly, highest number of deaths this year in mining. Deaths causes halt in productivity that is disastrous for days.  I am not keen on mining because of mining charter and many other labor related issues.  However, the benefits of investing in gold and USD earning companies exceeds some of the negative side.

Preference is that government sticks to politics and let business run business, then you will have swell returns.  Sibanye diversified into for example platinum, is the only supplier of palladium and owns copper mining too which makes it for me a bargain at this point. 

Also have shares in Anglo Ashanti Gold that is less volatile with a solid management structure and again in my opinion less risk, but again you need to decide.

Gold is however a hands-on investment, so keep your fingers on the pulse from a rand dollar perspective, gold price and mining labor practice perspective.

Edited by JK001, 02 November 2018 - 09:18 PM.

#1094 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

Dear Polly,

1. Do you think it is ethical for yourself as a self-proclaimed Professional Trader to dupe the public into believing that the numbers 200, 400, 600 and 800 are magical when you say they are. Meaning that only you can tell the public when these numbers will work by deciding which index, what number, what time and which direction.
  2. Is it also ethical to say your system is so certain that it should be published in the Mail and Guardian for all to see and benefit from.
  3. Will you permit for a reporter and photographer of the Mail and Guardian and a reporter crew from Carte Blanche to interview you about your trading system?

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#1095 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

Polly, do you think Sibanye is a good buy at the moment below R10?

#1096 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:46 PM

Yeah true, but now debt is really sitting low and they are trying to reduce their costs. I think if they can just cut down and focus on keeping up the revenue with the lower cost they could start making profits from 2019 year onwards. Their current ratio is still solvent and they still have a positive NAV. The auditors need to include that paragraph due to the loss making history. We will also see this paragraph in Steinhoff's financial statements. I still think DAW is a good buy at the moment as they have a plan and if they stick to it it will become interesting for investors again. DAW and Aveng are on the right way I think. They both had to implement crazy steps to survive and make the company's profitable again. For example having a rights issue at close to 80% discount etc. 

I think investors have bleeded hard on these two shares so they just want to get out of these company's. 

Therefore next interim results r so so important.. if another big loss, that loss got to financed from somwhere from a  cash flow position

#1097 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:39 PM

Polly, do you think Sibanye is a good buy at the moment below R10?

#1098 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

Yeah true, but now debt is really sitting low and they are trying to reduce their costs. I think if they can just cut down and focus on keeping up the revenue with the lower cost they could start making profits from 2019 year onwards. Their current ratio is still solvent and they still have a positive NAV. The auditors need to include that paragraph due to the loss making history. We will also see this paragraph in Steinhoff's financial statements. I still think DAW is a good buy at the moment as they have a plan and if they stick to it it will become interesting for investors again. DAW and Aveng are on the right way I think. They both had to implement crazy steps to survive and make the company's profitable again. For example having a rights issue at close to 80% discount etc. 

I think investors have bleeded hard on these two shares so they just want to get out of these company's. 

#1099 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:14 AM

yar ending 31 st March 2018

extract from auditors report :

THE AUDITED CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND OUR REPORT 
THEREON
We expressed an unmodified audit opinion on the audited 
consolidated financial statements in our report dated 12 July 
2018. That report also includes:

–  A Material Uncertainty Related to Going Concern section that 
   draws attention to Note 1 in the audited consolidated 
   financial statements, which indicated that Distribution and 
   Warehousing Network Limited and its subsidiaries, together the 
   Group, incurred a net loss of R426.5m during the year ended 
   31 March 2018. These events or conditions, along with other 
   matters as set forth in Note 1 of the audited consolidated 
   financial statements, indicate that a material uncertainty 
   exists that may cast significant doubt on the group’s ability 
   to continue as a going concern. These matters are addressed in 
   Note 1 of the summary consolidated financial statements.  

–  That report also includes communication of other key audit 
   matters. Key audit matters are those matters that, in our 
   professional judgement, were of most significance in our audit 
   of the consolidated financial statements of the current 
   period.

Not Good  this

#1100 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

DAWN

yar ending 31 st March 2018

extract from auditors report :

THE AUDITED CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND OUR REPORT 
THEREON
We expressed an unmodified audit opinion on the audited 
consolidated financial statements in our report dated 12 July 
2018. That report also includes:

–  A Material Uncertainty Related to Going Concern section that 
   draws attention to Note 1 in the audited consolidated 
   financial statements, which indicated that Distribution and 
   Warehousing Network Limited and its subsidiaries, together the 
   Group, incurred a net loss of R426.5m during the year ended 
   31 March 2018. These events or conditions, along with other 
   matters as set forth in Note 1 of the audited consolidated 
   financial statements, indicate that a material uncertainty 
   exists that may cast significant doubt on the group’s ability 
   to continue as a going concern. These matters are addressed in 
   Note 1 of the summary consolidated financial statements.  

–  That report also includes communication of other key audit 
   matters. Key audit matters are those matters that, in our 
   professional judgement, were of most significance in our audit 
   of the consolidated financial statements of the current 
   period.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting