• Please log in to reply
1645 replies to this topic

#221 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 04:18 AM

Also sold a few of my asc at a loss and moved to snh...

Edited by Billions, 09 September 2021 - 04:19 AM.

#222 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 02:18 AM

Agree with you.

I would like to hear what IN has to say after even pumping this share on the Snh page dragging people across.

My average price is low but I’m selling slowly licking my wounds as I moved funds over from Snh.

Anyway - live and learn.

So, looks like we should take what we can get and run.

This blame for this loss is squarely my own. Was allowed to be led by people who at the end of the day does not have any real say in things. Not sure any value was added to any shareholder.

As always, trade with what you know and not what you (or someone else) wish they knew.

#223 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 11:54 AM

So, looks like we should take what we can get and run.

This blame for this loss is squarely my own. Was allowed to be led by people who at the end of the day does not have any real say in things. Not sure any value was added to any shareholder.

As always, trade with what you know and not what you (or someone else) wish they knew.

#224 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 05:06 PM

who is actually still in this piece of poo?? 

Wheres Andi these days ?

#225 Peanut_Butter

Peanut_Butter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 05:03 PM

Latest Jse Sens

ASC Market Update http://bit.ly/3yMRHMd

Edited by Peanut_Butter, 03 September 2021 - 05:03 PM.

#226 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 10:03 AM

Agree. The way it’s going I’ll be happy to sell between 85c and R1 and move on….

Let’s see what happens Friday

54c looking like a good exit price now 😂

#227 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 09:43 AM

R258 million in restructuring fees alone!!! That's crazy. Everybody's feasting, but not the shareholders.

#228 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:50 AM

Agree. The way it’s going I’ll be happy to sell between 85c and R1 and move on….

Let’s see what happens Friday

Seem like all we have done for past 18 months is wait for circular then trading statement then circular... so this friday circular... then prior end of september trading statment... then i am out..hopefully out in green or breakeven.. also tired of this share aswell...

#229 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 07:44 PM

Seem like all we have done for past 18 months is wait for circular then trading statement then circular... so this friday circular... then prior end of september trading statment... then i am out..hopefully out in green or breakeven.. also tired of this share aswell...

#230 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 01:32 PM

Anyone any update?
Any hope left?

Waiting for friday's Circular with all the details.

Nothing is changed since first announcement in May.

#231 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 12:48 PM

Anyone any update?
Any hope left?

My hope also fading fast....

#232 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 11:14 AM

Anyone any update?
Any hope left?

#233 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 09:30 PM

Is it debt or a call facility to draw on if needed...

Yes, we can call it maximum potential debt. But can be for sure lower if not needed thaks to better asset sales.

#234 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 09:08 PM

So confirmed 35 mil Eur as total debt for the new Ascendis, to be repaid in two years, exactely two years of Ebitda probably.
Wait until friday for the circular to know all the details.

Is it debt or a call facility to draw on if needed...

#235 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 08:37 PM

So confirmed 35 mil Eur as total debt for the new Ascendis, to be repaid in two years, exactely two years of Ebitda probably.

I haven’t read the SENS yet, I’ve been busy. But I did catch that the interest rate is Jibar + 9%!!! That’s a bit excessive in this low interest environment

#236 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 08:13 PM

#237 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 August 2021 - 05:38 PM

Sens out.. share price seems to be moving

Was a positive move from the short amount that the SENS was out. 

#238 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 04:38 PM

Sens out.. share price seems to be moving

#239 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 03:14 PM

Hi everyone.

Just a question to everyone in general.

Do you think that shareholders will consider selling the entire business as is to for example Adcock in a share swop.

Pricing ASC shares at say R2 per share with ASC shareholders getting +/- 23 Adcock shares (Adcock currently trading at +/-R45 /2 = 23).

Think ASC shareholders will go for something like this?

Loos like the management will wait till last day (31 Aug) to send out what needs to be sent. Was really hoping it to be sooner than later. Just hoping they do not delay as I think the share price will then take a serious knock. What you all think?

Hi JR7800, 

it's fundamental to know the key numbers in the circular. In particular how many EBITDA will remain after the swap debt/equity with the lenders.

Based on rough numbers previously estimated, it seems that Ascendis 2.0 will have about 30-35 million EUR debt and 15-20 million EUR as yearly EBITDA.

It means a company with about 2 times debt vs. EBITDA, so quite low hopefully.

A company with a so low debt vs. EBITDA can be valuated in a conservative way 7-8 times the yearly EBITDA.

So considering 15 million EUR as yearly EBITDA, Ascendis 2.0 can be valuated about 100/120 million EUR.

So not far from a 4.5 Rand valuation per share.

I know it seems so far from current valuation, but I don't know what is wrong with my simply calculation above.

Anyway we need to wait the Circular (by end of August), 2021 FY numbers (end of September), and the vote (by end of October).

#240 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 03:08 PM

I'm still thinking we might get upwards of R2 for it.

I've got nothing more than tea leaves and hope, but a grounded hope.

Whilst it would be nice to get something out the share as I do have an interest in it, I’m trying to be realistic. When the deal was first announced I looked at some numbers, I don’t remember off hand what they were but if I’m not mistaken Remidica, which was the crown jewel was taken as well as pretty much all other decent businesses under the Ascendis umbrella all for less than the speculative valuation of Remedica that was being thrown around.

Also don’t forget we have still been paying off an immense interest bill the last few months so it’s not as if the business is all of a sudden gonna be profitable for this half.

Once the circular is released I’ll take a look at the numbers again to confirm what is left but I don’t think it’s much net asset value wise and it was the businesses with the least growth prospects (hence why Blantyre didn’t want them). We have to remember Blantyre had unilateral power and essentially took exactly what they wanted at fire sale prices, ASC was never gonna come out of this deal better off than when they walked into it, that’s just the way business works.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting