#281 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 12:31 PM

Pretty lack luster sens.

Feels like the management's comms have fallen short of the commitments communicated by them during the webinar...

Just my opinion. Market will only start moving (up or down) once there's more info and the 75% is locked in

Finally an update:

https://ascendisheal...-2021-Final.pdf

#282 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:41 AM

IN are you around? Anyone with more activist info or inside scoop?

Activist are still garnering 75% support. SENS will be forthcoming next week or early July. The only newest news is that they have managed to get Easy Equities to contact all Ascendis holders to inform them of the importance of the vote and to get in contact with the activists. 

#283 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:43 AM

IN are you around? Anyone with more activist info or inside scoop?

#284 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:28 AM

https://www.inceconn...8&bid=562094551

#285 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:21 AM

Finally an update:

https://ascendisheal...-2021-Final.pdf

#286 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:36 PM

It does seem as if ASC is being wound up. If I'm honest I haven't really kept myself up to date with the news and disposals for the last couple months so I am not sure what businesses actually remain under the ascendis umbrella...clearly nothing worth talking about and certainly nothing worth being listed on the JSE. 

I guess this entire Ascendis thread will be coming to a rather abrupt and disappointing ending for many of us, especially those that got involved prior to the whole Blantyre saga. Let's wait and see what is left after conclusion of the deals and pro-formas released. I will be happy to get out and just minimize my losses at this stage just so I don't have to look at a big red loss in my portfolio everyday. :)

#287 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:36 PM

It does seem as if ASC is being wound up. If I'm honest I haven't really kept myself up to date with the news and disposals for the last couple months so I am not sure what businesses actually remain under the ascendis umbrella...clearly nothing worth talking about and certainly nothing worth being listed on the JSE. 

I guess this entire Ascendis thread will be coming to a rather abrupt and disappointing ending for many of us, especially those that got involved prior to the whole Blantyre saga. Let's wait and see what is left after conclusion of the deals and pro-formas released. I will be happy to get out and just minimize my losses at this stage just so I don't have to look at a big red loss in my portfolio everyday. :)

#288 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:28 PM

So animal health to be sold for max R790 million.

There goes everyone's hopes - there goes the dream up in smoke 

Ascendis is clearly being wound up and everything are being done to sink this company and sold to who ever wants it at a whatever price.

I am no expert and am obviously not privy to any real boardroom discussions and meetings but having been involved in the sale and purchase of many business for myself and my clients I must say that something seems rotten....

Maybe we must all make a bid to Mark for the other business unit units for R1, maybe we get it......  

Ascendis Management is just trying to convert the huge debt with about the 75% of company assets.

The remaining 25% will be a new company (debt free) for current shareholders.

I'll be more than happy if they will be able to conclude a deal at those conditions.

We just need to wait the deal confirmation from company side and, most important, the consequent shareholder vote day (we hope within the end of August).

Edited by Tolly12, 23 June 2021 - 01:29 PM.

#289 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:04 PM

So animal health to be sold for max R790 million.

There goes everyone's hopes - there goes the dream up in smoke 

Ascendis is clearly being wound up and everything are being done to sink this company and sold to who ever wants it at a whatever price.

I am no expert and am obviously not privy to any real boardroom discussions and meetings but having been involved in the sale and purchase of many business for myself and my clients I must say that something seems rotten....

Maybe we must all make a bid to Mark for the other business unit units for R1, maybe we get it......  

#290 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:14 AM

Done, thank you for sharing

This is the hand we were dealt and now we need to make the best of it. Animal Health is basically sold. We need to stick our guns together.

Long story short, I have 156k shares which I have pledged my support to the AAI ( activist group ). Ascendis is majority retail investors, like us on the forum and we need to get the 75% sign off on the recapitalization. If we can group our shares together to get to that 75% and sign a irrevocable vote, a SENS can be released saying ASC has the 75% support and the voting is a formality which will get the share price moving again.

If the 75% vote is not reached at the voting date in (possibly) August, everything falls flat. EVERYTHING. So we are looking at R3.5 a share price (estimated possible minimum) ... or nothing, big fat zero.

I don't know about you, but I could do with R3 a share.

If you want to engage with the Activist group to find out more, email wkmbouers@gmail.com.

#291 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 June 2021 - 09:36 AM

This is the hand we were dealt and now we need to make the best of it. Animal Health is basically sold. We need to stick our guns together.

Long story short, I have 156k shares which I have pledged my support to the AAI ( activist group ). Ascendis is majority retail investors, like us on the forum and we need to get the 75% sign off on the recapitalization. If we can group our shares together to get to that 75% and sign a irrevocable vote, a SENS can be released saying ASC has the 75% support and the voting is a formality which will get the share price moving again. 

If the 75% vote is not reached at the voting date in (possibly) August, everything falls flat. EVERYTHING. So we are looking at R3.5 a share price (estimated possible minimum) ... or nothing, big fat zero. 

I don't know about you, but I could do with R3 a share. 

If you want to engage with the Activist group to find out more, email wkmbouers@gmail.com. 

#292 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:13 AM

What happens when we don't get R1.5 for Animal Health?

That R1.5B estimate, is a bit generous. Mark is getting low ball offers and gladly accepting them. He's about saving his job and his salary. Shareholders interests are not a priority to him. I'm judging him by his recent actions

#293 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:41 PM

Animal health carrying value about r750m. We should be targetying a sale of r1.5b
The additional r750 less tax comes to asc.
We going to push for special dividend

What happens when we don't get R1.5 for Animal Health? 

#294 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 June 2021 - 07:06 AM

There should be news by 30 June. We will most probably see proforma financials by then and also the circular for us to vote on. Remember they announced the deal should be closed by end of August. And there is a 60 day circular period to arrange an EGM. So there will definatly be news by next week Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

There is also rumoured to be a meeting this Saturday between Mark and the Ascendis Activist group, but that probably won't result in a SENS announcement. Holding out for the 30th. The news drought is annoying. 

#295 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 07:55 PM

There should be news by 30 June. We will most probably see proforma financials by then and also the circular for us to vote on. Remember they announced the deal should be closed by end of August. And there is a 60 day circular period to arrange an EGM. So there will definatly be news by next week Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#296 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 07:53 PM

Was it Zanme? :)

Hate this news drought. Normally I would be placing more cash into Steinhoff but this also has a lot of potential here too so splitting the high risk investments in these 2.fingers crossed that they both work out!

#297 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 01:28 PM

There might be news coming out in .... I want to say soon, but it will be probably in the next 2 weeks. There's a fairly unhappy holder on the discord channel that had signed an NDA regarding news. Can't really tell more than that, but rumours of news are probably better than no news since end of May

I did see someone having a moan sometime this morning on that forum. I’m on the forum thing but don’t really read it or read much into it anymore. To me it seems to be like it’s mostly kak praat and wild speculations, each to their own I suppose but I’ll stick to a quieter sharechat forum 🙂

#298 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2021 - 01:00 PM

There hasn’t been any news for a while. I’m sure a SENS should be coming any day now. Haven’t been feeling overly optimistic about Ascendis the last few months to be fair.

Anyone else got some thoughts?

There might be news coming out in .... I want to say soon, but it will be probably in the next 2 weeks. There's a fairly unhappy holder on the discord channel that had signed an NDA regarding news. Can't really tell more than that, but rumours of news are probably better than no news since end of May

#299 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 12:38 PM

There hasn’t been any news for a while. I’m sure a SENS should be coming any day now. Haven’t been feeling overly optimistic about Ascendis the last few months to be fair.

Anyone else got some thoughts?

#300 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:30 PM

Hhmm, from R25/share to 61c/share in a duration of 5 years, what technical gap are you looking at?

Just referring to the gap opened on May the 12th when the shares had a spike from 59 to 85 cents.
In any case we need a signal from Head Quarter. One month with no news in these cases is not good.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting