#1501 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:25 AM

90c ... are we missing something here?

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1502 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

Hi Andi. I am expecting as we did with Eoh a market update. And some really strong movement. I also think that there are a few other options for. The company and the restructure agreement was premised on some of the plans going forward. There will definately be debt reduction by year end. But I think a sale or unlikely listing of remedica is on the cards. Just thinking through the structure.
Have you conducted some number crunching based on the scenarios... Remedica potentially worth r7billion.
The numbers in the past six months and the accounting is very interesting.
I think the company may also be an acquisition target in totality.......as the value far exceeds the market cap and debt....

Your thoughts. I am thinking of offloading at eoh as I see maybe another 30-50% potentially there but perhaps 500-1000% here if some of the above is realised... Just can't seem to shake that this is a pipe dream.. But again like eoh.. There is value

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#1503 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:15 PM

Yeah if you think about it the CFO has joined end of 2015 when the share price was at around 20 Rands. Now 5 years later the share price is sitting at 1 Rand. So I think its a good sign to get some fresh winds in here especially to strengthen the balance sheet. Let's see who they find as replacement. Also a good sign that it was no resignation with immediate effect. Meaning the current CFO can still guide the new CFO on the most important aspects. 

I'm really curious how the individual business units have performed during the last months. Will be interesting to see their full year results. 

As we go along I will pick up shares as I see great potential in this company especially during these COVID 19 times.

#1504 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah as dig deeper it seems he was part of the problem that got ASC into the mess it got itself in.

Good thing that it wasn't a "with immediate effect" resignation. Effective 30 Sept.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1505 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

Not suddenly. He was required to finalise the transaction and was requested to leave according to gossip as he is not part of the optimis and growth....there are some legacy issues. Awaiting the sens of the updated plans... Will try pickup more shares today looks like all the interest is in eoh.. So may mean good to sell there and throw some here today.... Eoh report was fantastic but market blind sinded on the government debt.... Which is spiraling......

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah as dig deeper it seems he was part of the problem that got ASC into the mess it got itself in.

#1506 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:07 AM

Not suddenly. He was required to finalise the transaction and was requested to leave according to gossip as he is not part of the optimis and growth....there are some legacy issues. Awaiting the sens of the updated plans... Will try pickup more shares today looks like all the interest is in eoh.. So may mean good to sell there and throw some here today.... Eoh report was fantastic but market blind sinded on the government debt.... Which is spiraling......

#1507 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

Ascendis CFO resigns unexpectedly. Hopefully not a bad sign. Usually not a good sign when things like this happen under unexplained circumstances.

https://www.moneyweb...ancial-officer/

#1508 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:29 PM

Hi Andi. I am expecting a trading update following the restructuring. Also expecting the next set of results to be astronomical based on the accounting changes but more importantly the covid sales of all products let alone the over the counter vitamin sales which are high margin and very limited regulation.
Going to try and get as much of this share as possible now that there is more stability.

#1509 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:25 AM

I think the coarse will stabilise and significant moves will only happen upon financial results and the sale of assets to settle their debt.

Made a cool 40% on this share thanks to you gents highlighting its upside potential! 

So the important thing is that it will be a going concern for at least 18 months. The operating units are producing positive cash flows. So it just a matter of time until the share price will rise to levels of between 4 to 5 rands. Also Gane Holdings has nearly disposed of all their shares now. They were the ones who have pushed the price this low. 

For the next 6 months I do see a price of 4 to 5 rands as reasonable. 

#1510 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:57 AM

I think the coarse will stabilise and significant moves will only happen upon financial results and the sale of assets to settle their debt.

Made a cool 40% on this share thanks to you gents highlighting its upside potential! 

#1511 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

Nice volumes.

#1512 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

What's the journey now......

#1513 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:54 AM

Attached File  ASCENDIS.jpg   310.75KB   5 downloads

Represents a May view prior to the news around debt extension - but still a valid viewpoint IMHO. I am in agreement with writer on this one.

Edited by budfox, 08 June 2020 - 10:57 AM.

#1514 budfox

budfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:36 AM

Yea share price showing good movement

Holding on for the ride. What's your target price?

#1515 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:35 AM

Yea share price showing good movement

#1516 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

Geez this is amazing news. Lenders then do believe in the company. This means that ASC has another 18 months to get things sorted and to stay alive. Now the sale of assets to reduce debt can be done with less pressure and higher prices can be obtained.

#1517 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:29 AM

I think overall not bad. Obviously a lot of what if scenarios to still play out (eg: sale of units for what price and when to be able to make the "bullet payment").

Fingers crossed on a nice recovery of the share price.

#1518 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:21 AM

Release Date: 08/06/2020 07:30

https://www.sharenet...seq=2&scode=ASC

#1519 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

Any news from lenders? I haven't seen or heard anything.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#1520 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

WHO has approved the use of hydroxy chloroquine again. So let's see what happens.... Woza R10 :D

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting