• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#12381 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

Geeze, looks like the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder what is being priced in here now.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#12382 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

Ok, closed short and long @ 43444, just looking for a bounce. then back in short

Alsi future

#12383 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

It's not so much the ZAR strengthening, as the GBP & USD weakening.

But hey, this is just my opinion.

Ok, but why do you think the USD will weaken?

My read is that with the US economy picking up steam, rates will rise soon and money will flow out of developing countries into US bonds. Does not look good for the ZAR to me but since I travel a lot internationally I hope I'm wrong..

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#12384 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

You really think the ZAR will strengthen given the latest trade gap?

It's not so much the ZAR strengthening, as the GBP & USD weakening.

But hey, this is just my opinion.

Alsi future

#12385 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:48 AM

And pretty soon the ZAR is going to start to strengthen, that should be the nail in the coffin, taking us down all the way.

Argento, you must be hoping for a reversal candle?

Whats your situation? Please just let me know when you are closing you longs, so I can close my shorts, I dont want to get caught off guard. :P .

Just taking the piss. Good luck to you.

You really think the ZAR will strengthen given the latest trade gap?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#12386 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:48 AM

And pretty soon the ZAR is going to start to strengthen, that should be the nail in the coffin, taking us down all the way.

Whats your situation? Please just let me know when you are closing you longs, so I can close my shorts, I dont want to get caught off guard. :P .

wait a minute...i saw this movie play last year as well!!! 

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#12387 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

I dont see us bouncing from here at all.<br />We might stay at these levels, or lower, I'm keeping all my shorts.<br />

Alsi future

#12388 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

I dont see us bouncing from here at all.<br />We might stay at these levels, or lower, I'm keeping all my shorts.<br />

Alsi future

#12389 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hmmm. DJW knockout level is 43 000. Line in sand is 43 568.

Not for Alsi.

We keep going lower without S&P or DJ confirming anything, funny money is starting to leave our shores.

Was inevitable, and plain to see for anyone who was willing, timing is the issue.

IMO

Will cut my longs at that point, otherwise all gone at 43 000

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#12390 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

if she breaks 43500...next stop 42000-ish

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#12391 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

Not for Alsi.
We keep going lower without S&P or DJ confirming anything, funny money is starting to leave our shores.
Was inevitable, and plain to see for anyone who was willing, timing is the issue.
IMO

Alsi future

#12392 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

Attached Files

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#12393 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hehehehe, short is the way.

Goodluck to all the bulls out there.

IMO this is easy money flowing out of South Africa. Lots and lots of it flowed into EM, so now lots and lots need to flow out again.

Bulls will be here next week....I don't doubt it!EW's calling for new highs into Jan.....

A

Sorry A, the bear is continuing today.

This might get messy for the bulls!

Mooi Jakes. Short indeed!

Thank AJ,
Been holding this short for a while, and starting to pay off nicely now

Alsi future

#12394 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:54 AM

IMO this is easy money flowing out of South Africa. Lots and lots of it flowed into EM, so now lots and lots need to flow out again.

Bulls will be here next week....I don't doubt it!EW's calling for new highs into Jan.....

A

Mooi Jakes. Short indeed!
"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#12395 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:35 AM

A

Alsi future

#12396 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

Excuse me, is this the end of the line?...

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#12397 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

A

Thats what makes a market, opposing views, someone needs to be on the other end of my short.

But goodluck to you sir.

Not the best way to end the week and the month. Not just the market but also trading platform. This morning no orders got filled. 20 min before an order went through to JSE. Got filled later higher up and and when it turned down again, another long lower. Before afternoon nap, the first long was red, about 200 pips. 2nd long slight red. Then the shock just before 1700. Flip. One of those occasions where you check three times before reality sinks in. Then frantically searching for the reasons. Long trek to Monday.

Chinese data on Sunday will make or brake the Alsi, imo.

Good data and I see us going back to 45000ish, bad data and I expect another 1+% down day.

Just my opinion though.

Hi B/J. Cannot see China data on Economic calendar. What is your source?

I have a Bloomberg account, but its available on Investing.com also.
I see the calendar only goes to Saturday, you have to select the 30th to see Sunday's data.

Alsi future

#12398 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

A

Thats what makes a market, opposing views, someone needs to be on the other end of my short.

But goodluck to you sir.

Not the best way to end the week and the month. Not just the market but also trading platform. This morning no orders got filled. 20 min before an order went through to JSE. Got filled later higher up and and when it turned down again, another long lower. Before afternoon nap, the first long was red, about 200 pips. 2nd long slight red. Then the shock just before 1700. Flip. One of those occasions where you check three times before reality sinks in. Then frantically searching for the reasons. Long trek to Monday.

Good data and I see us going back to 45000ish, bad data and I expect another 1+% down day.

Just my opinion though.

Hi B/J. Cannot see China data on Economic calendar. What is your source?

#12399 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:55 AM

A

But goodluck to you sir.

Just my opinion though.

Alsi future

#12400 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

A

But goodluck to you sir.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting