#16961 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hi v, not at my screen today. Why 46635ish.... Is it the top of the channel? Thanks.
retrace...
Thanks.... Is their also an inv h/s on 15 min taking us to just over 46600?

#16962 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi v, not at my screen today. Why 46635ish.... Is it the top of the channel? Thanks.

retrace...

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#16963 warnerbroers

warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Still have one long in the system.... But 824 pips gained this week have been undermined by 770 pips been given back yesterday and today...leaving me with a whopping 53 pip profit.....barring the current long....
Not seeing much above 46635ish today before next dip towards 46013ish, but that may be too simplistic for wave 4 badboy behaviour.

#16964 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Still have one long in the system....

But 824 pips gained this week have been undermined by 770 pips been given back yesterday and today...leaving me with a whopping 53 pip profit.....barring the current long....

Not seeing much above 46635ish today before next dip towards 46013ish, but that may be too simplistic for wave 4 badboy behaviour.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#16965 wolf

wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

There is a setting I have seen but not tried, on the main chart you could try setting an alert on the chart and then use the auto order facility, there are tick boxes but I have never tried then on the RAND version. and it would only work on the open stock or index. I do use the rand version for testing as everything else works except the autotrade. there is also a rumour that IG will roll this out in a new version soon or something to that effect, call the local help desk for info on the new system, 

Yes, I have used it before. I do fine it a bit limited not as rich as the prorealtime programming language.  

#16966 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Still have one long in the system....

But 824 pips gained this week have been undermined by 770 pips been given back yesterday and today...leaving me with a whopping 53 pip profit.....barring the current long....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#16967 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi Casenova, 

Which system are you using? Can you post a link so that i can check it out? 

Back from holiday.

I see that on the IG platform, and using ProRealtime charts, there is an option to use "Backtesting and Automated Trading". 

I have not used this, but may be worthwhile to check out if you do want to use it...

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#16968 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

OK, that is why. TX

There is a setting I have seen but not tried, on the main chart you could try setting an alert on the chart and then use the auto order facility, there are tick boxes but I have never tried then on the RAND version. and it would only work on the open stock or index. I do use the rand version for testing as everything else works except the autotrade. there is also a rumour that IG will roll this out in a new version soon or something to that effect, call the local help desk for info on the new system, 

#16969 wolf

wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

you have to be trading on the international account for this, so all trades are dollars or pounds and not in rand.

OK, that is why. TX

#16970 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

via email, got this formal response saying sorry not available: "Do you suggest I phone them?"

Thanks for your email.
ProOrder is currently only available to UK clients, as we are currently monitoring its progress. Once we are happy the Trading System is functioning correctly, and working well with our system we will roll this out to all clients.
Unfortunately we do not have a set time-scale for its release to all clients, but we are hoping this will happen shortly.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, please visit our Help and Support section where you can search for frequently asked queries.
Regards,
Daniel Cook
IG
T  0800 409 6789 / +44 (0)20 7896 0079
F  +44 (0)207 390 3816
E  helpdesk.uk@ig.com
Tweet us @IGClientHelp

you have to be trading on the international account for this, so all trades are dollars or pounds and not in rand.

#16971 wolf

wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

so i request IG to enable autotrading? did you phone there help desk for this?

via email, got this formal response saying sorry not available: "Do you suggest I phone them?"

Thanks for your email.
ProOrder is currently only available to UK clients, as we are currently monitoring its progress. Once we are happy the Trading System is functioning correctly, and working well with our system we will roll this out to all clients.
Unfortunately we do not have a set time-scale for its release to all clients, but we are hoping this will happen shortly.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, please visit our Help and Support section where you can search for frequently asked queries.
Regards,
Daniel Cook
IG
T  0800 409 6789 / +44 (0)20 7896 0079
F  +44 (0)207 390 3816
E  helpdesk.uk@ig.com
Tweet us @IGClientHelp

#16972 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, i use Pro Realtime for automatic trading. Opened an acctual account with them. I have to tell you that it took a lot of time and Lossess to get the programming right (A lesson learnt the hard way is = do not rely on the backtest, it is not indicative of future results). But it is worth while now.

Do not attempt this with a small account...and remember that i did not recommend this, i mearly reported my experience with it. You will lose money before making any.

I have done about three months auto trades, here is my stats:

2.62 Gain / Loss Ratio

57% Winning Trades

10 Max Consecutive losse

12 Max Consecutive Wins

I used only very small trades, becuase three months is not enough time to fully evaluate the system. The smalest of changes has big effects in the long run.

Today i upped the size a bit for the first time becuase my confidence in my system is growing, but it is still very small and i take it incrementally.

It's also worth mentioning that i was a computer programmer.

Doing the same thing but still waiting for the signal and trading manually, tries the auto but had some problems with the night trade firing at the wrong times. done 4 tests and this month shows the greatest promise, still a bit of fine tuning to get the confirmations to add up to 3 go's before committing, still missing way to many trades.

You are quite right this has been an exceptionally expensive exercise, would not recommend this to anyone that does not have a good size amount of discretionary cash to burn.

G  

#16973 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

You have to work through IG and play the waiting game for a while as i remember it took about 2 - 3 weeks before the autotrading was enabled.

so i request IG to enable autotrading? did you phone there help desk for this?

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#16974 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

no bull slaughter today :rolleyes:

we all, well some of us know what happened yesterday!! thugs i tell you thugs ;)

but, the bulls should actually hope for a retrace to 46050ish (J200) cause then the move will be rapid

#16975 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

i have looked at it before, but i have not see our ALSI available and only the rest of the biggers markets

You have to work through IG and play the waiting game for a while as i remember it took about 2 - 3 weeks before the autotrading was enabled.

#16976 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, i use Pro Realtime for automatic trading. Opened an acctual account with them. I have to tell you that it took a lot of time and Lossess to get the programming right (A lesson learnt the hard way is = do not rely on the backtest, it is not indicative of future results). But it is worth while now.

Do not attempt this with a small account...and remember that i did not recommend this, i mearly reported my experience with it. You will lose money before making any.

2.62 Gain / Loss Ratio

57% Winning Trades

10 Max Consecutive losse

12 Max Consecutive Wins

I used only very small trades, becuase three months is not enough time to fully evaluate the system. The smalest of changes has big effects in the long run.

Today i upped the size a bit for the first time becuase my confidence in my system is growing, but it is still very small and i take it incrementally.

i have looked at it before, but i have not see our ALSI available and only the rest of the biggers markets

#16977 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

no bull slaughter today :rolleyes:

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#16978 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

2.62 Gain / Loss Ratio

57% Winning Trades

10 Max Consecutive losse

12 Max Consecutive Wins

Thanks. 

GBP/ZAR now at R17.91 i surely hope there will be short covering there as well and push us higher, FTSE looking good as well. 

#16979 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Yes, please. IGs Automated Trading is still not available in SA, only the Realtime ProBackTest but it is still an manual trade.

2.62 Gain / Loss Ratio

57% Winning Trades

10 Max Consecutive losse

12 Max Consecutive Wins

#16980 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

Closed shorts...will get in later

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting