• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#81 Trustafarian

Trustafarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

I had invested but jumped ship just last week at R6.80. Will continue to monitor it closely though as on paper their future looks bright

#82 The Batman

The Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Buy CML,EOH,Pinnacle,NASPERSN,Richmont and ASPEN. You wont' do  as badly as ELI. Sadly it might just go up when you dump it but you will have to make the choice and live with it. Sure it used to go up 6% one day,3% the next but now without any consistent upward movement  since May do you really want to keep  it and lose money.

Ha Richmond! its a timebomb wating to go off. It will drop soon. R68 to R100 is not true growth in one year. Same goes to CML but that should only drop next year.

#83 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

@Sam...you missed a trick...the director Grant Melville sold approximately R1.4mil woth of shares on 16 and 17 Oct. Ellies was hot but thanks to unfulfilled promises and delayed roll out of Digital Television its gonna take a few years before they see any real action and uptick in their share price. hold for the long run or sell now. just dont expect the share price to rise any time soon. if anything expect a continued decline. R4 is not unrealistic until digital tv is rolled out.

#84 wessel

wessel

• PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGrabouw

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Ah well there may be a chance that it would hit 723. I see it happening quickly, then I am out of that illusion.

#85 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

gotta dump this share.

Buy CML,EOH,Pinnacle,NASPERSN,Richmont and ASPEN. You wont' do  as badly as ELI. Sadly it might just go up when you dump it but you will have to make the choice and live with it. Sure it used to go up 6% one day,3% the next but now without any consistent upward movement  since May do you really want to keep  it and lose money.

#86 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

gotta dump this share.

#87 wessel

wessel

• PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGrabouw

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Dammit, everytime I tell myself not to play these stupid penny crap, I buy and then afterwards I read the negative news about ELI. Well, there she goes. Stay with top 40. JDM007, you must be realy upset or did you sell already?

#88 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Today's SEN's announcement.
One of the director's just sold off 100 000 shares of ELI at between 6.88 and 7.00.
Hmmm..... A smallish quantity, but hardly encouraging for existing holders.

Trading by emotion and/or expectation is a pocket emptying certainty.

#89 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Bye Bye ELI ... this dance is over !

Swapped the lot for GLD, in at 123.75 .. at least there's some range there. No doubt a new drama on the horizon somewhere soon will have folks rushing into gold again.

:)

Edited by Safrican, 18 September 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#90 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hay Gamma, seems like your pump is working!! :D  :lol:

Naw seriously I was thinking from the last 2 weeks to get in when I said support at R7.10! Fact that it broke it turned me off.. Will have to reconsider...maybe will get in if it breaks above R7.40 on good volume!!

Its up today but on meagre volume. nothing to write home about.

I agree...wait until clear sign of a reversal.

sentiment is still negative

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#91 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yes, who would have thunk that.

Blood in the streets and Ellies is up nicely  :D

Hay Gamma, seems like your pump is working!! :D  :lol:

Naw seriously I was thinking from the last 2 weeks to get in when I said support at R7.10! Fact that it broke it turned me off.. Will have to reconsider...maybe will get in if it breaks above R7.40 on good volume!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#92 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Thanks gamma, that is good sentiment indeed, and there we have it,  a slight jump in share price today.

Yes, who would have thunk that.

Blood in the streets and Ellies is up nicely  :D

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#93 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

One of my mates, an asset manager with fair sized holding in ELI visited management last week to review their forward plans and prospects and came back more optimistic than when he left. 

There is  a lot of negative sentiment around in the market, a fair bit of it justified too, however if you look at the performance of the company so far they have generally delivered. Yes there are few areas we can and should be critical of management for and until the next set of results I'd be cautious.

Take this as you like but make your own decisions! - Before HDB accuses me of pumping  :D 

Thanks gamma, that is good sentiment indeed, and there we have it,  a slight jump in share price today.

#94 TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hey Gamma,

I like ELI but feels like 1H14 is going to be a half similar to 2H13, dull with no growth. Looking ahead you have a couple of drivers , OpenviewHD, DTT whenever it comes!!!!, and hopefully phase 2 of Eskom's project power save. On the Infrastructure side Mining has definitely slowed a bit at Megatron but Telcom and Water look to have good potential to drive revenue growth going forward but need time to get to critical mass. Its Renewable Energy segment look intriguing too. Despite the recent sell off in the stock it is still up 250% since the beginning of 2012, a disappointing 1H14 could lead to more profit taking by those who bought back then. 

I am a buyer on that sell off , if it occurs. 

#95 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I need to see ELI at 800 ... I really do.

So when will I see ELI at 800 ...?

One of my mates, an asset manager with fair sized holding in ELI visited management last week to review their forward plans and prospects and came back more optimistic than when he left. 

There is  a lot of negative sentiment around in the market, a fair bit of it justified too, however if you look at the performance of the company so far they have generally delivered. Yes there are few areas we can and should be critical of management for and until the next set of results I'd be cautious.

Take this as you like but make your own decisions! - Before HDB accuses me of pumping  :D 

#96 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

I need to see ELI at 800 ... I really do.

So when will I see ELI at 800 ...?

#97 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

If it closes below R7 today expect it to continue down to the R6.60 mark through next week.

A break below there and...... :o

That was quick...

Anyone need a heads up...!

#98 brads

brads

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

I am hurting. Baught in at R7.26 last Thursday;-(

#99 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Value trap in operation.....NAV is R3.15, Give me some time and I will let you know what the Tangible NAV is.

TNAV would be around R2.38.

IG SA40

#100 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

beginning to look like a great "short" option.... :P :rolleyes:

Value trap in operation.....NAV is R3.15, Give me some time and I will let you know what the Tangible NAV is.

IG SA40

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting