909 replies to this topic

#301 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hi again. Queen B, I sold ABL and the additional shares I got from the rights option, so the blow wasn't as bad. I read what you said about MRF - what do you and the rest of the members here think about FGL? It's been climbing nicely. I want to go with CML or FGL or 50/50

bit of a late reply to your post but better late than never :D  regarding option FGL/CML at a 50/50 split - if it were me(i know its not :P ) would be 90%CML/10%FGL(holding period 3yrs+)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#302 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

capeeeesh?

Yip! Clawing its way back :)

#303 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

lol..this is what you call a buying opportunity.

capeeeesh?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#304 starterKid

starterKid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi again. Queen B, I sold ABL and the additional shares I got from the rights option, so the blow wasn't as bad. I read what you said about MRF - what do you and the rest of the members here think about FGL? It's been climbing nicely. I want to go with CML or FGL or 50/50

#305 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

CML slowly dragging itself up again

#306 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

CML was hit hard today only due to the CEO's remarks. I was pleasantly surprised to see the buy volumes at close today. So she is still in demand. The next set of results will most definitely not be as good but they will still beat their indexes and be the favored  institutional

investment Co for foreign investments.

So I am staying in for the long term. I don't expect 135% pa, but their old 65% will do just fine.

Support is at 7300 but I don't expect it to go there. Even if it does, I will be happy at the new PE ratio for longer term gains.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#307 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

not sure yet QB but Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke speaks this evening at 7pm NY Time it is not clear whether he will discuss monetary policy. He will be speaking to a group of teachers about the central bank's 100-year history and a Q&A session will follow so the impact on the dollar and tapering expectations will depend upon whether these teachers have any interest in asking about the central bank's plans to reduce stimulus.

Maybe we need to email one of these teachers a list of questions :)

#308 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Delta, when do you think there will be more clarity on the fed taper?

Just been looking at the charts and stock exchanges worldwide are down - waiting for some indication on the fed scenario

The only ones that got away unscathed today were the Nikkei and Ibex

not sure yet QB but Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke speaks this evening at 7pm NY Time it is not clear whether he will discuss monetary policy. He will be speaking to a group of teachers about the central bank's 100-year history and a Q&A session will follow so the impact on the dollar and tapering expectations will depend upon whether these teachers have any interest in asking about the central bank's plans to reduce stimulus.

#309 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Just been looking at the charts and stock exchanges worldwide are down - waiting for some indication on the fed scenario

Hmmmm historically, and Orca would be the master on this one, CML has actually fared better in times of strain - if i hadn't just taken a huge hit on resources I would have doubled up at 79.

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#310 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

i'll be trading them but leaving 2.72M in a stock that even their CEO feels is somewhat over-priced would be reckless(yes, i know he's said that before :rolleyes: )

FYI - left 500K in, JSE is bleeding so many options, waiting on clarity regarding fed taper/impact on EM

#311 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

i'll be trading them but leaving 2.72M in a stock that even their CEO feels is somewhat over-priced would be reckless(yes, i know he's said that before :rolleyes: )

FYI - left 500K in, JSE is bleeding so many options, waiting on clarity regarding fed taper/impact on EM

#312 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#313 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

CML taking a HUGE beating today :(

Good call jumping ship when you did Delta

#314 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Sell now or stay for the ride?

i'm out...made a lot of money with CML, no regrets if it goes up further but to much uncertainty for me at these levels(prices)

if there's a significant drop in the future will climb in again..still a great stock, hope you guys staying in continue seeing great returns :)

#315 psychox2c

psychox2c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sell now or stay for the ride?

#316 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

http://www.moneyweb....-the-good-times

#317 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I agree with Perreby.  As long as money is pumped into equities CML will do well.  But when the pullback comes then CML will get hit really hard.  I hold CML shares and I have no intention of adding. 

You guys are right but keep in mind we have been hearing this since CML was in the 30s. Eventually the prophecy will come to pass. All good runs come to an end and a broken clock is right twice a day.

Thing is, when you look at this company you can imagine them around in 20 years. They have enough brand equity and market share now to ensure longevity.

I have friend who owned a few shares in Allan Gray 20 years ago and today has more money than he knows what to do with. (I have volunteered to help him by taking some off his hands but no dice). 

You might have a case for not buying at the high end of the cycle but I don't see a case for not buying if you take a long term view. 

And the big kicker is this..if CMLs international operations really take off then Kansas is going bye bye.

#318 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

LMFAO!

R145 per share based on what exactly Orca?

Past performance is no indicator of future performance. CML has had a great run yes, but only because markets are doing well and people are pumping cash into the markets. The time a serious pull back hits and people take money off the table (out of funds and the markets), then CML will drop accordingly.

I do feel the markets are a little rich now and by virtue of that I would advise those looking to buy to think twice before committing to these levels

I agree with Perreby.  As long as money is pumped into equities CML will do well.  But when the pullback comes then CML will get hit really hard.  I hold CML shares and I have no intention of adding. 

#319 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Now that I have gone into early retirement, the divi should keep me going for 3 months without having to make any withdrawals. Good for my year end tax.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#320 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Terrible!

Divi up only 128% over last year...

Yeah - sucks so bad! ;)

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting