#341 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

going nowhere slowly

but I hope you guys are stocking up. we are coming up to about 2 months to go to the year end results. expect the next run up to begin in earnest soon.

Hope some of you listened when I posted this. up ~25% since!

And still going.

Curious to see how the share price behaves once results come out. I suspect more attention will be paid to the fwd looking statements from Pillay. Keep in mind that last report he was quiet sombre and the share took a short dip. but like I said, these guys are notorious at underpromising and overdelivering

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#342 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Eish..didn't realise CML were into batteries... Time to sell

Ha ha haa. :)

Queen-B had a question below that seemed to change the topic. While I'm here. http://www.moneyweb....e-future-titans

Now this article was written some time before MTA made that new acquisition.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#343 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Don't have a price target but I expect 70 to 130% pa for at least 3 years. She should start with the next results and improve on it every 6 months thereafter as more countries make the start/stop batteries compulsory. So far it is Europe and the US with a timeframe of 2 years.

Eish..didn't realise CML were into batteries... Time to sell

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#344 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Whats your target price with MTA Orca?

Don't have a price target but I expect 70 to 130% pa for at least 3 years. She should start with the next results and improve on it every 6 months thereafter as more countries make the start/stop batteries compulsory. So far it is Europe and the US with a timeframe of 2 years.

#345 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Onwards and Upwards!

#346 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 6.25.08 PM.png   34.34KB   42 downloads

#347 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Read the latest SENS.

Whats your target price with MTA Orca?

#348 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

Read the latest SENS.

Thanks Orca

SENS speaks for itself.

Got in with some at R38.99. Lets see how it pans out :)

#349 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Thanks Orca!

Will check them out

Read the latest SENS.

#350 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

MTA without a doubt.

Thanks Orca!

Will check them out

#351 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

MTA without a doubt.

#352 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Which share do you guys think will be the "next CML"?

Must be another fledgling with phenomenal growth potential

#353 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

I really can't see CML beating 100% HEPS again. The next set of results will make her tank.

Orca, it doesn't have to. Really depends on what they offer analysts as guidance.

Also remember that the beauty of this business is thta their funds are now increasing far far faster than their costs.

If you're paying a fund manager to manage 50B and the fund grows to 100B your fixed costs are more or less static while potential revenue doubles.

Don't bet against HEPS with this business model.

Where they may struggle to repeat is on performance fees. The bigger your funds get the harder it is to outperform the market.

#354 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thank you for the kind words delta. That was way back in 2009/10 with the thread "Retiring with CML" as my only stock in my portfolio.

#355 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I really can't see CML beating 100% HEPS again. The next set of results will make her tank.

Orca, i can fully understand your reservations on CML beating previous HEPS but i still have faith in their forward prospects.  if it weren't for your thread on CML which you sometimes took a lot of flak on from other forumites would never have crossed my radar so i thank you publicly for bringing this stock to my/our attention...you've done exceedingly well on your investments..hats off to you sir :)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#356 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

<sigh>...when i look at my LT port and see the returns made from CML it's bitter sweet thinking if only i had taken a longer term(8-12 month) cfd position early in the year would be on the $ BIG TIME :rolleyes:

waiting on decent pullback, will give serious consideration to a geared position next year..this time around i'll stay open for 8-12 months ;)

It is great holding a geared position while the share moves up, obviously, but there have been times when CML has dropped off quite a bit and tests the nerves so be sure to have enough to cover her - The drop from 62 to 55 was significant to a 15x leveraged position - and everyone was talking about it tanking further from there as it went below the moving average for like the 2nd time ever - just be careful, it isn't "easy money" ;)

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#357 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

#358 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Delta, Are you using CFDs for your LT portfolio?

What do you regard as long term?

no gamma..my LT is normal shares...ideally i hold for 3-5yrs on the LT side with readjustments to weightings during that period.  CFD is where i make my disposable income

#359 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

<sigh>...when i look at my LT port and see the returns made from CML it's bitter sweet thinking if only i had taken a longer term(8-12 month) cfd position early in the year would be on the $ BIG TIME :rolleyes:

waiting on decent pullback, will give serious consideration to a geared position next year..this time around i'll stay open for 8-12 months ;)

Delta, Are you using CFDs for your LT portfolio?

What do you regard as long term?

#360 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting