Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Terrible!

Divi up only 128% over last year...

Do you think its worth me adding more to my portfolio Gamma? Wanting to put a bid in at R82.00

Averaged cost sitting at R67 at the moment

#322 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Terrible!

Divi up only 128% over last year...

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#323 UpAnDdOwN

UpAnDdOwN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Anyone know what caused the sudden change in CML today? Went from 1% up to 1.5% down...

#324 UpAnDdOwN

UpAnDdOwN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Anyone know what caused the sudden change in CML today? Went from 1% up to 1.5% down...

#325 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Just observing all the hype and excitement around CML I can't help to think that it reminds me a little of MRF back in early 2008. It was also the darling and everyone was holding on for the magical R5 level...and we know how it ended for most investors...in tears... as things turned on a dime.

#326 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Just observing all the excitement and hype around CML I can't help to think that CML today reminds me a bit of MRF back in early 2008. It was also the darling of the market...and hyped on very forum and in the end it ended in tears.

#327 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

LMFAO!

R145 per share based on what exactly Orca?

Past performance is no indicator of future performance. CML has had a great run yes, but only because markets are doing well and people are pumping cash into the markets. The time a serious pull back hits and people take money off the table (out of funds and the markets), then CML will drop accordingly.

I do feel the markets are a little rich now and by virtue of that I would advise those looking to buy to think twice before committing to these levels

Look at it this way. CML made massive profits as the SENS showed and the results will be out on the 12'th to confirm this that we already know.
Nothing bar a market crash will stop her reaching 97 by year end even with the market correction due. By May next year she should be hitting the 145 mark.The May results might be a problem though as she cannot beat 100% EPS again. What happens thereafter is anyone's guess.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#328 starterKid

starterKid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Thanks Orca. I will report back once I've taken action

#329 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Thanks Queen B - I'm going to check out the ABL option.
Orca, thanks also for your update on what you expect. A last question though - do you suggest going with CML or MTA now, or do I do CML now until next May and then go with MTA?

CML will grow until then and perhaps much longer. MTA on the other hand looks to flatline until the next results due in May.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#330 starterKid

starterKid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Orca, thanks also for your update on what you expect. A last question though - do you suggest going with CML or MTA now, or do I do CML now until next May and then go with MTA?

#331 starterKid

starterKid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

#332 starterKid

starterKid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

#333 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

I suspect it will go up for the good divi. They pay out 75% of earnings to divies as they don't have Capex. Hope you people listened when I first promoted it at R14.00. Edit. Oops. Sorry. R12.70

Hey Orca - imagine you had kept your R1 million in this and not drawn anything out, not sold and just let her run - Good lord - With divies and compounded it could have been worth close to 15 million by now - what you reckon?

Quite right. CML had total returns of over 1 700% in a 5 year period. Not a typo. One thousand and seven hundred percent. With my getting in and out with any bad news, I made a measely 370% and averaged R70k pa brokerage fees. I can kick myself.

#334 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

I suspect it will go up for the good divi. They pay out 75% of earnings to divies as they don't have Capex. Hope you people listened when I first promoted it at R14.00. Edit. Oops. Sorry. R12.70

Hey Orca - imagine you had kept your R1 million in this and not drawn anything out, not sold and just let her run - Good lord - With divies and compounded it could have been worth close to 15 million by now - what you reckon?

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#335 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Look at it this way. CML made massive profits as the SENS showed and the results will be out on the 12'th to confirm this that we already know.
Nothing bar a market crash will stop her reaching 97 by year end even with the market correction due. By May next year she should be hitting the 145 mark.The May results might be a problem though as she cannot beat 100% EPS again. What happens thereafter is anyone's guess.

#336 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

wITH ThE Goverment bringing in the medical aid thingy, and the other medical aids suddenly appearing,  large company (heard add on radio) and also my physiatrist weaning me of my depressants, are we sure discovery will recover?

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#337 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hi. I joined ShareChat recently coz I'm out of my depth and need a forum that I can bounce things off. I'm prepared to do the slog work, but just need to know where to read up or spend time researching - I just don't want to fumble in the dark. I bought a computer program, invested all my money and nothing seems to be working for me. I wanted to buy CML at R47 back in April, but wasn't set up yet by the time I got the tip. When it reached the late R50s, I thought that would be it - never knew shares could climb this way. Every time it grew more, I again thought that must be it coz how could shares just grow and grow like that. In the end, I looked for cheaper ones coz I thought those are the ones that will give me lots of shares and that will grow. I got in with 1000 DSY @ R85, 11000 GRT @ R26 and 2500 ABL @ R19. I know DSY will make it's way back, but not so sure about the rest. Should I just cut my losses on GRT and ABL, sell and buy CML or is it too late to still see good growth?

Starterkid, I would keep your ABL and participate in the rights offer. You will be able to purchase another 2000 odd shares at R8.00 each and bring your average cost back down, with more of a fighting chance to make money.
DSY should recover, and GRT not too sure about.
CML still has some growth potential, but by how much I have no idea. Orca will have more insight here

#338 starterKid

starterKid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hi. I joined ShareChat recently coz I'm out of my depth and need a forum that I can bounce things off. I'm prepared to do the slog work, but just need to know where to read up or spend time researching - I just don't want to fumble in the dark. I bought a computer program, invested all my money and nothing seems to be working for me. I wanted to buy CML at R47 back in April, but wasn't set up yet by the time I got the tip. When it reached the late R50s, I thought that would be it - never knew shares could climb this way. Every time it grew more, I again thought that must be it coz how could shares just grow and grow like that. In the end, I looked for cheaper ones coz I thought those are the ones that will give me lots of shares and that will grow. I got in with 1000 DSY @ R85, 11000 GRT @ R26 and 2500 ABL @ R19. I know DSY will make it's way back, but not so sure about the rest. Should I just cut my losses on GRT and ABL, sell and buy CML or is it too late to still see good growth?

#339 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

This is what I was aiming at and this is where it went to.Attached File  cml.png   35.34KB   25 downloads

#340 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Edited by Orca, 05 November 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting