Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#641 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

Yip. Confirmed. CVN officially owns 34.5% of MRI. So they issued CVN shares to Afriasia for the MRI shares. I'm not sure what the value equates to now that CVN share price has dropped to R1.90.
But initially it was meant to equate to CVN paying 10cps effectively.

Now I think that 10cps surely should be a base price. But if anyone wants to sell at 7cps, I'll gladly take them off your hands :)

Thanks, I didn't see the SENS :) Guess I should put my order in at 8c then :P There is really just one seller left under 10c, doubt he will last long.

I wonder how CVN plans to contribute to this business...

#642 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

DGC's is out. Now just MRI's to go, tomorrow? Let's hope it gives our SP some sort of movement

Yip. Confirmed. CVN officially owns 34.5% of MRI. So they issued CVN shares to Afriasia for the MRI shares. I'm not sure what the value equates to now that CVN share price has dropped to R1.90.
But initially it was meant to equate to CVN paying 10cps effectively.

Now I think that 10cps surely should be a base price. But if anyone wants to sell at 7cps, I'll gladly take them off your hands :)

#643 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

I see the first of the Convergenet deals have gone through this morning (on GGM). Still waiting for confirmation on MRI and DGC

DGC's is out. Now just MRI's to go, tomorrow? Let's hope it gives our SP some sort of movement

Edited by yusufm, 05 February 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#644 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

I see the first of the Convergenet deals have gone through this morning (on GGM). Still waiting for confirmation on MRI and DGC

#645 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

Rail, pls explain that one to me. I have shares with them. Wasn't aware of such an exercise. What does it mean for the share and share price?

Divide your # of shares by 10 and times the price by 10.
Net effect = zero

Oh bummer!
But how is this good for shareholders. If good at all?

#646 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

Rail, pls explain that one to me. I have shares with them. Wasn't aware of such an exercise. What does it mean for the share and share price?

Divide your # of shares by 10 and times the price by 10.

Net effect = zero

#647 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Consolidation of shares, 1 share for every 10. Got the email about a week ago but forgot, got a bit of a shock this morning :)

#648 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

Sellers were very well behaved as there was no cheap post-consolidation shares to be picked up this morning.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#649 RailRoad

RailRoad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

Consolidation of shares, 1 share for every 10. Got the email about a week ago but forgot,  got a bit of a shock this morning  :)

#650 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

What's happening at RBA?<br />It went from 12c on Friday close to 139 at the moment!

#651 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

A little more action on MRI today than normal

Something must be brewing. Perhaps and early leak of info

#652 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Yes, that is the one. He picked CIL as one of his 5 stocks for 2015. Should be interesting to watch.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#653 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

Ok cool thanks Yusufm 1 & flexbender.

Is the knobhead you refer to Anthony Clarke...? 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#654 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

Also saw that article.

Makes very valid points. Can't deny the logic behind the Angola business and how the legal barriers will hamper them.

However on twitter, that SmallTalkDaily knobhead is sticking to his punt and says that article is a "slant on a story" and doesn't give a fair representation of where CIL is headed.

Stubbornly backing his horse and even says "I know far more... as a seasoned market analyst".

Come as it may, I hold shares on fundamentals and not on one guys opinion.

I SOLD my shares.

#655 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

Could any of you learned forumers have a clue as to the downward trend developing on Consolidated Infrastructure Group ( CIL )

I'm in already not a big position, I would have thought all this energy generation projects would have them trending up not down.

I have noticed some fund managers selling out in large volumes past few months but no bounce back...!

Am I missing something yes checked website local links & kept my eye open for reasons but still nada.

Thanks in advance.

Soutie.

This was up on moneyweb a few days back

http://www.moneyweb....-pain-in-angola

#656 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Could any of you learned forumers have a clue as to the downward trend developing on Consolidated Infrastructure Group ( CIL )

I'm in already not a big position, I would have thought all this energy generation projects would have them trending up not down.

I have noticed some fund managers selling out in large volumes past few months but no bounce back...!

Am I missing something yes checked website local links & kept my eye open for reasons but still nada.

Thanks in advance.

Soutie.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#657 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

Out GIJ at 149c  :)

Well played

#658 Abacus

Abacus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

POY looking very cheap. They have a fair value gain of R2.90-current share pricex46.5m shares as a result of the IFRS accounting method for their previous acquisition. With the sale of their loss making divisions the share should rally over the next few reporting seasons.

#659 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

CVN looking cheap under R2. I see Investec has increased their holding...

#660 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

thanks for the reply ST  :)  I see they have valued that unit at R119 mil which is just less than their market cap. Seems as if a lot is resting on whether they can sell it. I think I will stay out until more news comes out in that regard.

Talking about dogs, I bought some GIJ at 130/135c. Short-term trade only. It is the equivalent of 6.5c in the old pre-consolidated shares so I will look for about 150/160c (8cps) which was the price last Friday. No one else seems to be buying though and volume is very thin. Let's see where this goes... :ph34r:

Out GIJ at 149c  :)

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting