501 replies to this topic

#81 crowe

crowe

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:05 PM

Nice one Crowe ;). It is the only share today, that keeps hitting upper resistance and giving me a popup short trigger. People do strange things just for a dividend. It will probably not see the R88-00, but there might be those out there, buying it close to closing today. There will be plenty selling it on Monday and next week, that have waited till after the divi, and this will probably drive it down even further.

Tx Pilot, agreed!

whats your tp on this one, taking divi into account.

#82 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

No worries, i suspected that, i got a partial order at 8700. Not sure we will see 8800 though....

Nice one Crowe ;). It is the only share today, that keeps hitting upper resistance and giving me a popup short trigger. People do strange things just for a dividend. It will probably not see the R88-00, but there might be those out there, buying it close to closing today. There will be plenty selling it on Monday and next week, that have waited till after the divi, and this will probably drive it down even further.

Invest in what you know - Warren Buffet

www.justnextlevel.net

#83 crowe

crowe

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

Sorry I missed the dividend. Then my original short price would be the one to stick to. It will still be a good short, but @ R87-80. I unfortunately traded @ R86-20. Dividend is R1-69 I think. R188-00 would be even better.

No worries, i suspected that, i got a partial order at 8700. Not sure we will see 8800 though....

#84 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

Hey there Pilot,

Welcome back!! 

Re TRU, today is the LTD date for dividends, shorting this would mean that we pay the dividends right?

No concern here? Whats your tp?

Sorry I missed the dividend. Then my original short price would be the one to stick to. It will still be a good short, but @ R87-80. I unfortunately traded @ R86-20. Dividend is R1-69 I think. R188-00 would be even better.

www.justnextlevel.net

#85 crowe

crowe

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

Hey there Pilot,

Welcome back!! 

Re TRU, today is the LTD date for dividends, shorting this would mean that we pay the dividends right?

No concern here? Whats your tp?

#86 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:21 AM

Thanks gents....good to be back.

I made a change to TRU short price to R86-20. Hope it gets there again. :)

Attached Files

www.justnextlevel.net

#87 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

Hi Everyone

I am back at last, and starting a new and improved R200 000 portfolio.

Attached is the first new trades for the portfolio. Some of the trades have already traded today.

I am mostly only scanning the top 40 shares on the JSE as well as the Top 40 index too. Doing more shares, is way too much work for one man.

Current trades are mostly shorts, although I did get a long on ANG yesterday, but didn't add it to this portfolio.

I will explain more on the triggers and trades as we go along.

Good to be back.... and happy trading

Pilot

Hey Pilot...welcome back!!!

We missed you here

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#88 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

Morning Gents

Attached is the updated spreadsheet with some new resource long positions.

I will be back around 10:00.

Attached Files

www.justnextlevel.net

#89 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

Hi Everyone

Attached is the first new trades for the portfolio. Some of the trades have already traded today.

I am mostly only scanning the top 40 shares on the JSE as well as the Top 40 index too. Doing more shares, is way too much work for one man.

Current trades are mostly shorts, although I did get a long on ANG yesterday, but didn't add it to this portfolio.

Pilot

Hey Pilot,

Good to have you back with us.

Hope you spent most of the time polishing your crystal ball to give up excellent advice - even better than before! Hard to beat.

Enjoy trading!

Always take responsibility for your own actions

#90 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

Hi Everyone

Pilot

Howzit man

Nice to see you around again. Hope you are doing well.

Happy trading - hope your "fine tuning" brings you all the right trades!

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#91 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

Welcome back Pilot, thought your plane may have disappeared mid Atlantic! Look forward to watching how your tech handles this volatility..  :huh:

#92 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hi Everyone

Pilot

Attached Files

www.justnextlevel.net

#93 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

Been reading these forums for a year now, traded a bit based on knowledge I had, which was little, lost 26K. I'm back now, trying to paper trade to perfect my system. I have learnt a lot from the people that post in this group, thank you and may you keep posting.

#94 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

Cypher : The guru and cult leader ......... you mentioned, HAS actually helped me a whole lot. To understand what is what and all else.

He does the 5mins. I do not. BUT Knowledgeable  HE IS.  

All else you wrote, It's true and concise'

Please newbies. Read, Listen and keep an open mind

#95 cypher

cypher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

Keep It Simple System = KISS

+1

Eat like an elephant, **** like a bird

#96 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

I use a mix of fundamentals and technical analysis, just try to focus on quality companies and not overpay for them. Also use the Elliot waves to get entry points, never add to losing position and let your winners run.

#97 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:13 AM

Keep It Simple Stupid

#98 loading.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

Keep It Simple System = KISS

#99 bullet

bullet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

C, please elaborate on the kiss system if you dont mind? Hope its not kiss your money good buy, then im going back to the bank.

#100 bullet

bullet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:03 PM

Wise words from Bandido. You'd do well to listen. Do not be intimidated by the so-called experts on this forum. I've been around here lurking since 2008 and as far as I'm concerned it's all hot air. Moon watchers, back slapping, agony aunts, cult leaders who create their own spin-off forums, pump-and-dump experts (thankfully not any around anymore), gamblers, etc. You name it, this forum has got it or had it.

There is so much FREE information about - it's scary. I've been in this game (TA) for 27 years and have finally realised that the KISS system works. Simple is better.

Anyway, here are a couple of channels on Youtube that are useful for free education. Invest in a good data plan, it's essential these days.

Sasha Evdakov: https://www.youtube....czMkNh67X2IYMrA
Perfect Stock Alert: https://www.youtube....fZaWEDPYrowYujQ
Tom Willard: https://www.youtube....W3SxVlrratz3y4Q
Jason Stapleton: https://www.youtube....QzGz4-nfl6XLEHQ

This list is not exhaustive, just indicative of what you can get.

As far as books are concerned, a couple have been mentioned already. I'd add "Trading for a Living" by Dr Alexander Elder. I've got the first publication, but I think there has been a re-edition.

Arm yourself with knowledge and a good stomach. You'll need it.

For what it's worth I started (1st Time) with R50k blew it in 4mths....Reasons basic novice mistakes
1. Position sizing
2. NOT understanding the extent of LEVERAGE....!
3. Not being emotionally ready
4. Over trading...big one for me that one.
5. Research..... well not doing enough

Those were my main ones there was others but the above were the catalysts to the rest.
R40k is not enough...! Plain & simple trading costs will eat into your capital significantly from early on forcing you to need bigger returns.
Minimum R150k anything less does not allow you to ride out a few losing trades...... which you will have.
As for paper trading.... your call..... skin in the game is a big factor.
Look forward to it also as it is exciting.
Best of luck.
Soutie

Wise words from Bandido. You'd do well to listen. Do not be intimidated by the so-called experts on this forum. I've been around here lurking since 2008 and as far as I'm concerned it's all hot air. Moon watchers, back slapping, agony aunts, cult leaders who create their own spin-off forums, pump-and-dump experts (thankfully not any around anymore), gamblers, etc. You name it, this forum has got it or had it.

There is so much FREE information about - it's scary. I've been in this game (TA) for 27 years and have finally realised that the KISS system works. Simple is better.

Anyway, here are a couple of channels on Youtube that are useful for free education. Invest in a good data plan, it's essential these days.

Sasha Evdakov: https://www.youtube....czMkNh67X2IYMrA
Perfect Stock Alert: https://www.youtube....fZaWEDPYrowYujQ
Tom Willard: https://www.youtube....W3SxVlrratz3y4Q
Jason Stapleton: https://www.youtube....QzGz4-nfl6XLEHQ

This list is not exhaustive, just indicative of what you can get.

As far as books are concerned, a couple have been mentioned already. I'd add "Trading for a Living" by Dr Alexander Elder. I've got the first publication, but I think there has been a re-edition.

Arm yourself with knowledge and a good stomach. You'll need it.

Thank you C & S,

Will heed the warnings and use the tips. Started with R80k the beginning of the year and have a portfolio balance of R150k as of today. Had some lucky breaks but holding onto this for dear life. Need to take my limited experience to the next level now but jikes! Was also following all the soapie action on the alsi.................Ja! Must admit though, there are some very clued up people on the forums but i will reserve my educated comments for now......hehehehehe!

Edited by bullet, 30 July 2015 - 09:06 PM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting