Thanks for the effort in getting the answer. Good to know

#5322 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 12:35 PM

Have just had this reply back from Steinhoff Investor Relations,

"Thank you for your email. Judgement in that hearing has been reserved, and as such there is no new information to update the market on.

As usual, Steinhoff will update the market as and when there is new information."

This is pretty normal for the courts as the 'judgement' normally needs to be given in writing for the record. Guess it could take another couple of days before we get the confirmation.

I'm extremely bullish on the outcome, management have conducted this so strategically making sure they 'crossing the T's and dotting the I's, we just need to be patient.... we know what the underlying assets are and they going nowhere !!!

Much appreciated! I was just drafting a mail to investor relations myself. Makes a lot more sense now.

#5323 Everlearning

Everlearning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 12:33 PM

Have just had this reply back from Steinhoff Investor Relations,

"Thank you for your email. Judgement in that hearing has been reserved, and as such there is no new information to update the market on.

As usual, Steinhoff will update the market as and when there is new information."

This is pretty normal for the courts as the 'judgement' normally needs to be given in writing for the record. Guess it could take another couple of days before we get the confirmation.

I'm extremely bullish on the outcome, management have conducted this so strategically making sure they 'crossing the T's and dotting the I's, we just need to be patient.... we know what the underlying assets are and they going nowhere !!!

#5324 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:49 AM

This wait is killing. It would be nice if they could at least indicate what the time frame could be to having the answer

#5325 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:22 AM

Sheesh, still no word on the outcome of the hearing. I have seen the odd post mentioning that it was approved, but I am sure that is pure speculation. I can also find nothing more on the web. I wouldn't think the scheme would be turned down, however, the likelihood of a postponement on approval could be likely if Conservatorium "played their cards right"?

#5326 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:17 AM

As Steinhoff is not listed in the US, I doubt it'll make a serious dent. But good with some recognition of what a steal this share is!

*if that bloody settlement gets approved, debt renegotiated etc :)

They have access to SNH via an ADR listed in US. STHHF

#5327 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:11 AM

The 1 year graph on tradegate scares the s**t out of me.

Sell, hold, buy more?????

#5328 Tentative

Tentative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:55 PM

As Steinhoff is not listed in the US, I doubt it'll make a serious dent. But good with some recognition of what a steal this share is!

*if that bloody settlement gets approved, debt renegotiated etc :)

Was just reading up on them a bit more. They have apparently driven some share prices up 300% in the last few days. Not saying this will actually happen to Steinhoff, but it certainly is on their radar...might also explain the trading pattern on Tradegate today? Or I might just be out of touch with what a "normal" day should look like.

#5329 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:40 PM

Those Reddit guys are doing us proud....i have been reading some of there posts

Allot of them pumping money into SNH 

I am hoping they can make a difference even if a small one:)

Was just reading up on them a bit more. They have apparently driven some share prices up 300% in the last few days. Not saying this will actually happen to Steinhoff, but it certainly is on their radar...might also explain the trading pattern on Tradegate today? Or I might just be out of touch with what a "normal" day should look like.

#5330 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:33 PM

Those Reddit guys are doing us proud....i have been reading some of there posts

Allot of them pumping money into SNH 

I am hoping they can make a difference even if a small one:)

#5331 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:19 PM

Not so much fear...I think it safe to assume a vast majority of us on this forum do not have the "technical" skills to understand what is happening or how to assess the market based on charts etc...we rely heavily on "itchy balls" as someone posted earlier

True that, I am in exactly the same boat.

On a side note, whatever is happening on Tradegate today can't be because of the hearing? Unless they are getting the news one sentence at a time.

#5332 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

This might be why snh is going to fly.
Check the live discussion.Ride the wave.
https://www.reddit.c...tm_source=share

These guys are in the news for wreaking havoc on certain hedge funds. Didn't even know this was a thing until now.

#5333 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

Not so much fear...I think it safe to assume a vast majority of us on this forum do not have the "technical" skills to understand what is happening or how to assess the market based on charts etc...we rely heavily on "itchy balls" as someone posted earlier

Excited balls plse get it right!

Lift off jump on boys and girls

#5334 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:51 PM

The fear in the forum still amazes me. Possibly it’s because of the pain that investors  endured over the past 3 years.

However, does price go up in a straight line?

Does price not pull back?

If the news is positive later, what would we say was the reason for the current pullback?

And if it does not rally after positive news, is it buy the rumor sell the fact? 
Or is it News already priced in?

For me, my third box was ticked yesterday when the market took out R2.04. Hence, it nullified the bearish lower high sequence. This tells me that there is a change in trend.

And I’m still holding out for my target prices that I set in June 2020.

#5335 KP7

KP7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:52 AM

The fear in the forum still amazes me. Possibly it’s because of the pain that investors  endured over the past 3 years.

However, does price go up in a straight line?

Does price not pull back?

If the news is positive later, what would we say was the reason for the current pullback?

And if it does not rally after positive news, is it buy the rumor sell the fact? 
Or is it News already priced in?

For me, my third box was ticked yesterday when the market took out R2.04. Hence, it nullified the bearish lower high sequence. This tells me that there is a change in trend.

And I’m still holding out for my target prices that I set in June 2020.

#5336 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:44 AM

Really hope this is profit taking

could be something else...all my shares are getting hammered today

#5337 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:21 AM

The usual insider knowledge of the outcome and again SNH too slow to update market!!!

What could be the worst case scenario of this meeting?

#5338 CowboyTrader

CowboyTrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:18 AM

Price plummeting on Tradegate!

Really hope this is profit taking

#5339 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

The usual insider knowledge of the outcome and again SNH too slow to update market!!!

#5340 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:02 AM

Brace yourselves, for me is becoming worrying there is still no announcement about the hearing that completed yesterday!!!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting