https://www.iol.co.z...s-name-17241896

#12783 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:50 PM

So what you're saying is that the current boards and management of Steinhoff are conspiring with the creditors against the best interest of the share holders ?

Conspiring is a strong word.... creditors stand to loose the most now. Shareholders have already lost say..95%.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#12784 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

MASSIVE!!

You have an opinion totally different to the opinion of leo.

#12785 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

So, what do you ask Steve Booysen when you sitting in the same restaurant? Or do I throw something...

#12786 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:46 PM

How much of a role audited or not audited financial statements play in the low current price of Steinhoff?

MASSIVE!!

#12787 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

No. Cause it's worth nothing at the moment. Lendors will make a killing, as the bought in 60 to 75c and getting 10%p.a. and they in deep so they want to company to continue as a going concern.

What's left for ordinary shareholders... not much.

So what you're saying is that the current boards and management of Steinhoff are conspiring with the creditors against the best interest of the share holders ?

Edited by Tom, 27 September 2018 - 05:45 PM.

#12788 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:40 PM

Steinhoff is the only company on the JSE that doesn't have audited financial statements.
PwC is taking too long in their investigation.

I know some banks that have sold all their shares in Steinhoff during the first half of 2018.

Will the audited financial statements coming in December 2018, be able to give the possibility for the institutional and banking investment funds to start again having exposure or increase their exposure to Steinhoff ? and why ?

No. Cause it's worth nothing at the moment. Lendors will make a killing, as the bought in 60 to 75c and getting 10%p.a. and they in deep so they want to company to continue as a going concern.

What's left for ordinary shareholders... not much.

#12789 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:36 PM

How much of a role audited or not audited financial statements play in the low current price of Steinhoff?

#12790 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:28 PM

Steinhoff is the only company on the JSE that doesn't have audited financial statements.

PwC is taking too long in their investigation.

I know some banks that have sold all their shares in Steinhoff during the first half of 2018.

Will the audited financial statements coming in December 2018, be able to give the possibility for the institutional and banking investment funds to start again having exposure or increase their exposure to Steinhoff ? and why ?

Edited by Tom, 27 September 2018 - 05:31 PM.

#12791 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:13 PM

Very pleased it stubbornly wont drop....i like its attitude

Haha, sorry man.

#12792 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

The Rand is getting stronger so I guess keeping price steady

Good news. Closed lower. Think tomo maybe a good day to buy. Imo

#12793 Ms Jet

Ms Jet

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

Very pleased it stubbornly wont drop....i like its attitude

#12794 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:59 PM

This share stubbornly doesn't want to drop.... well below 240.

The Rand is getting stronger so I guess keeping price steady

#12795 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

Any expected SENS or event tomorrow, or next week?

I think market waiting for news on MF. Could be anytime I guess until 26th Oct

#12796 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

Any expected SENS or event tomorrow, or next week?

Edited by Tom, 27 September 2018 - 04:53 PM.

#12797 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

This share stubbornly doesn't want to drop.... well below 240.

#12798 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:00 PM

These are my thoughts, this way SNH can exchange shares for creditor debt. I think Hemisphere property is going to be sold (no point to pay 10% inerest on the loans) and the debt paid and who ever uses the properties will pay rental to the property owners.My vision is that at the end there will listings of MF, Pepkor Europe, Conforama listed and Greenlit with SNH has holding 51% of all listed companies with a EBITDA of about Euro450 mil per year with a debt of Euro 2.5 to 2.8. I also think they going to sell the share holding in Pepkor SA to 51%. As for the liabilities there has still to be proved that there was fraud committed and over evaluation with backup paper work don't think is fraud. VEB claim will eventually disappear as well as the Wiese and other because after all this restructure the share could well get back to the R20 or R30 ever a period of 5 years and therefore there would be limited looses to the hold shareholders. Maybe I am smoking green tobacco but sounds good to me. Hahaha

Drugs my bru

#12799 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

These are my thoughts, this way SNH can exchange shares for creditor debt. I think Hemisphere property is going to be sold (no point to pay 10% inerest on the loans) and the debt paid and who ever uses the properties will pay rental to the property owners.My vision is that at the end there will listings of MF, Pepkor Europe, Conforama listed and Greenlit with SNH has holding 51% of all listed companies with a EBITDA of about Euro450 mil per year with a debt of Euro 2.5 to 2.8. I also think they going to sell the share holding in Pepkor SA to 51%. As for the liabilities there has still to be proved that there was fraud committed and over evaluation with backup paper work don't think is fraud. VEB claim will eventually disappear as well as the Wiese and other because after all this restructure the share could well get back to the R20 or R30 ever a period of 5 years and therefore there would be limited looses to the hold shareholders. Maybe I am smoking green tobacco but sounds good to me. Hahaha

hahahaha need to give some of your tobacco to Mr Market and we all be happy

#12800 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

What are the positives and negatives to this strategy- how would new shareholders in the IPO entity be protected from liability?

Has this been the strategy worked on with the lenders in the lockup?

will the property portfolio also be listed?

would there be any benefit from listing MF- unlikely as undervalued? management buyout more likely? would Pepkor SA or Pepkor Europe- be an interested entity due to the regional opportunity to cross sell products

I still am blind on the outcomes

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting