Photo
- - - - -

SA healthcare shares

Life healthcare Netcare mediclinic aspen advanced health discovery health alexandra forbes momentum dischem

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#141 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Interesting articles targetting netcare and mediclinic both as high risk due to high debt and constrained revenue.
I think all howpital groups are in for punishment and sideqards movement. The pump maybe on for lifecare. Bye this share and ride it and put away at least 20% this month...dont he greedy...dont hold on toolong...once the market sniffs the strategic dearth may see ......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#142 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

Netcare shares at new lows... Mediclinic in holding format as market digests information provided, however I think this is set for a major tank as the growth is promised on day care facilities... High Capex... Lower tariff revenue self cannobolising... And down the hatch like advanced health..... Waiting life's report which probably will be similar promising growth in all non core business meaning more expenses for less profit.
Life best positioned expect Share sidewards movement.... Mediclinic worse positioned expecting a massive drop and perhaps margin calls... If there are any to have a further impact.

#143 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:48 PM

Not sure if the decline in health shares is from the global sell out or from the lack of growth with fears of tariff regulations and further discounts. Called this but not sure of what the bottom would look like. Would expect the hospitals to start cost cutting and trimming their bloated management structures. Hospitals are already lean

#144 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

Netcare results in keeping with expectations and their fears echoed on a tightening market with margin creep is quite realistic and honest. Interesting that they not selling fairy tale optimistic growth on diagnostic and other primary care ventures. Health market enquiry and tariff setting would be the one risk on the near term horizon that we should watch out for.
I would back netcare from all three big hospital groups as the best positioned and most honest to provide stable dividends

#145 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

👍

#146 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

There is lots of ai in the radiogy field but that is business process optimisation rather than disruptive innovation. Don't see any techno disruption. Perhaps efficiency and improved patient care. Cancer care and the genetic treatments Will come to the fore especially genetic type diagnosis... Can't evaluate this to price it.

#147 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

Hi IN. is there no new technology for the near future?

#148 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

Have been studying life care recently. Be keen to get an understanding of the size of the radiology business they hoping to get in South Africa. Spoke to a few radiologists at golf and they all smiling saying that it is an opportunity for them to exit with a fat check. Business model will be interesting and the revenues. Unlikely to see any benefits in the first few years

#149 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:31 PM

Life trading statement in keeping with expectations. Share propped up by continued pension funds and being a top 40. Don't see any significant strategy. Efforts to reduce debt grow revenue and projections slim... Awaiting the presentation to get further info. I won't buy now... Perhaps post presentation and post health market....

#150 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:16 PM

Totally agree... This is why hospitals need to diversify, integrate and offer value rather than drive admissions... Even the reporting on activity is propestrous

#151 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:12 PM

Mediclinic making some nice gains. Just can't see where their new additional revenue streams going to come from...outpatient is as much profit as primary Healthcare... Limited in comparison to in hospital revenue. However some good steps forward.
Be interesting to see what revenue life made with all the primary care clinics setup since last analyst presentation and importantly what profit margin. Netcare conservative now showing good integration of akeso. Not sure how much efficiencies extracted from integration. For some reasons we always have to really dig for information which should already be shared by the marketing teams.... Wonder how much transparency there is in this market. Be good to get some really forward thinking strategy and or delivery on what was promised before.... Same old same old...

Be cautious IN as there is a global tendency to pressure private health care into non-extortion profits on sick people. 

#152 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

Mediclinic making some nice gains. Just can't see where their new additional revenue streams going to come from...outpatient is as much profit as primary Healthcare... Limited in comparison to in hospital revenue. However some good steps forward.
Be interesting to see what revenue life made with all the primary care clinics setup since last analyst presentation and importantly what profit margin. Netcare conservative now showing good integration of akeso. Not sure how much efficiencies extracted from integration. For some reasons we always have to really dig for information which should already be shared by the marketing teams.... Wonder how much transparency there is in this market. Be good to get some really forward thinking strategy and or delivery on what was promised before.... Same old same old...

#153 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

I dont...think retailers battling and dcp not the better of clicks but wouldn't go either them..just mo from chilly uk

Dcp growth rate and new store openings, taking market share from clicks. Consumer strategy linking to discovery vitality and driving primary Healthcare.
Expect at least 6% - 10% growth.
Driving e commerce strategy and door to door delivery of chronic meds and day to day otcs.

#154 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

I dont...think retailers battling and dcp not the better of clicks but wouldn't go either them..just mo from chilly uk

#155 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

I like dischem at these levels. Hospitals margins getting a wacking ...

#156 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

Thanks IN, im only trading aspen..not in my equities..in fact my equity strategy is to sell all sole sa based shares and only keep duals and what scores with usd like mining..bit over dreaming currency will get better for long..Regards

#157 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

Netcare posted their financial update few weeks back similar to last year with acquisitive growth from akeso.
Results for all hospitals will probably be dull with poor future growth expectations... And threat of tariff regulation looming.
Shares may be sidewards.. Dont expect any surprises. Shareholders may punish disappointing strategies and failures with primary care and digital dreams

#158 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:11 PM

https://m.fin24.com/...-weeks-20190403

#159 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

Thanks

#160 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

Approval received for baby milk sale.
Help reduce debt but due to delay their debt has spiraled. Will see nice uptick today and tomorrow and then further sell-off on this share as selling off assets.
However difficult to speculate which way this will go... I do like this company.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Life healthcare Netcare, mediclinic, aspen, advanced health, discovery health, alexandra forbes, momentum, dischem

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting