Photo
- - - - -

SA healthcare shares

Life healthcare Netcare mediclinic aspen advanced health discovery health alexandra forbes momentum dischem

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#161 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Apologies wrong post

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

https://www.bloomber...al-within-weeks

#162 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

IN..re Aspen..in rush but beliieve something out positive re aspen on Bloomberg

#163 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:16 PM

An interesting article on the Minister of health finally declaring that he has no cooking clue about the cost of nhi....
We should have his head for this...and for the failure to lead over the past 10 years....
Should be a welcomed relief and see health shares stage a rebound....

Apologies wrong post

#164 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Wil the report publication cause a knee jerk reaction up or down and or a reversal upwards.
I think upwards... Share price has already factored gloom...

#165 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

Cape Talk/ 702 Bruce Whitfield show last night talked about Aspen. Apparently selling of babymilk brand, with final approval pending in New Zealand. This would improve debt issues.

This has dragged on and the new debt is considerable and even with the sale aspen is significantly worse off. What is interesting I he share price recovery albeit at significantly lower volumes. I am considering exiting all my holdings as the increase in debt is my concern. Initially was satisfied thinking the lactation sale would reduce. But now willing to take the loss as the long term future is bleak with dilution on the cards. This is still a good company no doubt with good assets. The cash flow and debt worries me to have this in my long term portfolio.

Midas has provided guidance once which I ignored. But since the financials were disclosed. I am more concerned and contrary to the 10% gain today, it' is probably the radio show and speculation driving this.....

#166 ESS

ESS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

What would aspen price be following a rights offer? Depends on dilution? What are the scenarios?.... Trying to understand the debt impact and time delay... With scenarios..
Midas?

Cape Talk/ 702 Bruce Whitfield show last night talked about Aspen. Apparently selling of babymilk brand, with final approval pending in New Zealand. This would improve debt issues.

#167 ESS

ESS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

What would aspen price be following a rights offer? Depends on dilution? What are the scenarios?.... Trying to understand the debt impact and time delay... With scenarios..
Midas?

#168 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:53 AM

Midas?

#169 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

In this market all shares smacked... Even when priced it... Ascendis shared down 7%..... despite the info.... Provided...
The market reacting to reduction in revenue... But not to entrenched value and or confirmation of value... Previously a r20 plus share...debt levels an issue...

Market is ruthless....

#170 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

per interim result statement

In September 2018 Aspen announced that it had reached an agreement to divest of its Nutritionals Business to the
  Lactalis Group ("Lactalis"). Positive progress has been made in satisfying of the conditions precedent and all but one 
  of the conditions which are reliant on third-party consent had been fulfilled before the end of February 2019. The 
  outstanding third-party condition relates to approval by New Zealand's Overseas Investment Office for Lactalis to 
  invest in that country. The remaining conditions precedent are within the control of the parties. The parties are 
  mutually committed to working towards a closing date for this transaction of 31 May 2019. 

maybe hedgies got it wrong with wording....but they certainly smacked it

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#171 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

Aspen provided guidance on this and that final element resolved. Or did I misinterpret..... Good to get this share cheap if that olis the case... Expect a second rebound on finalization.

If not unlikely that this bohemith won't raise capital

per interim result statement

In September 2018 Aspen announced that it had reached an agreement to divest of its Nutritionals Business to the
  Lactalis Group ("Lactalis"). Positive progress has been made in satisfying of the conditions precedent and all but one 
  of the conditions which are reliant on third-party consent had been fulfilled before the end of February 2019. The 
  outstanding third-party condition relates to approval by New Zealand's Overseas Investment Office for Lactalis to 
  invest in that country. The remaining conditions precedent are within the control of the parties. The parties are 
  mutually committed to working towards a closing date for this transaction of 31 May 2019. 

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#172 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

awesome A....think hedge fund managers selling this...next 3 days will be interesting....apparently that baby formula division has not been sold yet...some dispute..gona be in big trouble if they dotn sell it...Funds probably reckon they will go into financial problems...

Aspen provided guidance on this and that final element resolved. Or did I misinterpret..... Good to get this share cheap if that olis the case... Expect a second rebound on finalization.

If not unlikely that this bohemith won't raise capital

#173 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

Well done

#174 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

Sold all shares at 99. Wow what a ride and a really good profit for a Friday haha. 

awesome A....think hedge fund managers selling this...next 3 days will be interesting....apparently that baby formula division has not been sold yet...some dispute..gona be in big trouble if they dotn sell it...Funds probably reckon they will go into financial problems...

#175 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:02 PM

Sold all shares at 99. Wow what a ride and a really good profit for a Friday haha. 

#176 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

Will add if it goes down to 60. Crazy jumps today. 

#177 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

Got shares for 85 and 70. Average is price is 75. Will sell later I think if it goes to 100. 

#178 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

And there is the bounce... Hope you got in..

#179 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:59 AM

Will add more at 60. Hopefully it won't go down that far.

#180 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

Let the recovery begin, haha people overreacting so hard these days. And i think a lot of SL where triggered. But if you have read the financials its not that bad that the price of the share should drop by 50%. . . .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Life healthcare Netcare, mediclinic, aspen, advanced health, discovery health, alexandra forbes, momentum, dischem

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting