1645 replies to this topic

#601 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:45 AM

The creditors cannot just auction and liquidate, they'll have to go through a lengthy and complicated processes and court cases that can be opposed, and Ascendis can apply for business rescue.

Blantyre and L1 increased their portion of the credit to more than 75% because they see value in Ascendis, and they want to exchange their credit for equity, which should be fine (as long as they demand a fair portion of equity) especially that they indicated that they want the "the best long-term interest of the Group and its stakeholders".

The market update on 2021/02/02 indicates a strong business, and that's part of why the creditors don't want Ascendis to dispose these profit generating operations, especially the big core assets, and so if they're not accepting a fair market value disposure then they will not be pushing for an auction liquidation.

Blantyre and L1 have much more to lose than the share holders, so should they try to demand more than a fair portion of Ascendis, and then matters get escalated to court cases, or in case of Ascendis apply for business rescue, then Blantyre and L1 will lose their power.

I don't think that the share holders should accept (vote for) any unfair debt for equity or arrangement.

Edited by Tom, 10 March 2021 - 10:50 AM.

#602 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:57 AM

Deal will be done end april.
1. Audited h1 results would be published
2. This is plugged into valuation methodology
3. Transaction will be negotiated finalised
4. Annoumcement to market

We probably could have an updated sens mid april .....this deal will be done ...no brainer...all parties want a win win....including lender due to major upside....if they greedy they will offer shareholders r3 to r6 as part of deal to get all upside post deal and revaluation......or play put straight forward debt equity swap. They xould demand all of europran assets but this would be defended thrpugh academic and negotuated valuation as ebitda is consistent and solid. Perhaps 50% to 75% of european assets.....or take 50% of asc.....your thoughts.???

#603 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:36 AM

Yeah I picked up on the subtle threat of, either you vote in favour or bad things will happen.

These are good days all. You will see the pump shortly. Its an academic exercise and both parties want a win.....as shareholders we will have our shares revalued upwards...

#604 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:34 AM

Nice they are not looking for a recapitalization on group level. They rather plan to give the lenders parts of the operating assets. Which will help us current shareholders. I just hope the fair values will be reasonable.

Remember guys we need to approve any deals. And if we don't approve we will run into liquidation and everyone will loose out including the lenders.

So end of the day I think everyone wants ASC to continue for the future.

There is a third party to ensure equitable swap assets for debt. Andi we on target. And if we look at the numbers debt 75% in value actual rand number......even of we hand over 50% of asc or european assets...its more than the debt......by value.....we have effectively concluded a sale of assets in this way and retained value....and unlock the share revaluation.....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#605 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Does anyone have the latest shareholder listing from Timbukone? For end of February?

#606 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Nice they are not looking for a recapitalization on group level. They rather plan to give the lenders parts of the operating assets. Which will help us current shareholders. I just hope the fair values will be reasonable.

Remember guys we need to approve any deals. And if we don't approve we will run into liquidation and everyone will loose out including the lenders.

There is a third party to ensure equitable swap assets for debt. Andi we on target. And if we look at the numbers debt 75% in value actual rand number......even of we hand over 50% of asc or european assets...its more than the debt......by value.....we have effectively concluded a sale of assets in this way and retained value....and unlock the share revaluation.....

#607 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:30 AM

Yes agreed.

Also it's good that they are not looking at group value to settle the loans as the current share price of ASC is super low.

It's good that they are looking at the operational units directly.

It's like an IPO of Remedica, just the question will be at what price and how much of a percentage does ASC want to get rid of?

I think the sens today was very positive given that we won't see a huge dilution on group level.

#608 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:05 AM

At the end of the day, this is the only question that matters https://twitter.com/...542927911968768

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#609 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:55 AM

Morning all. It is abit of an interesting sens, as you say, potentially it can be good, but then the stick is at the end......
Anyway, I just sent an email to that activist investor email address.

#610 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:14 AM

https://www.dailymav...ia-twitter/amp/

Haha nice so I doubt we will see a rights issue comming.

Hopefully we will get a good debt for interest in subsidiary swap.

Let's see what they bring onto the table.

Remember our current market cap of 250 Million rands or 12 Million Euro is already pricing in a liquidation.

#611 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:02 AM

Yeah I picked up on the subtle threat of, either you vote in favour or bad things will happen.

#612 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:54 AM

#613 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:40 AM

30 April is not far off, so I am guessing that whatever the plan is, it must be in the advanced stages already?

#614 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:31 AM

Finally a market update...pity its all greek to me...any thoughts?

#615 nosh

nosh

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:44 PM

https://twitter.com/...9680661507?s=20

#616 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:03 PM

Any media on anyhony clarks 3rd paper....

#617 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 09 March 2021 - 09:47 AM

Hi. Can someone please just repost a link for how we may join.
Thanks

https://twitter.com/...464074780770304

ascendisactivistinvestors@gmail.com

#618 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 09:13 AM

Hi. Can someone please just repost a link for how we may join.
Thanks

#619 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 08:39 AM

Ascendis activists has 22 million shares. Pls consider supporting ....

#620 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:57 PM

Meant to say it wasn't planned

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting