1645 replies to this topic

#721 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:57 PM

I hope you dont sell at r1.50...it may be idea for the acquirer to get you to sell at r1.50.
I suggest you look at your numbers and split shares out and sell specific volumes at specific target points. Hence you dont feel miserable if you miss the big upside..but if there are ups and downs ..tou get some ups locked in
My personal strategy was sell all at r4. But i am now thinking...30% at r3- 30% at r4 and keep 40% for longer...not sure what longer means....right through to 5 years if still listed...

#722 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:37 PM

72 hrs and no news from investor relations...either they swamped or cold.
Anyone else had any luck.

Also pls post any productive twitter posts....tired of reading doomsday stories premissed on debt exceeding assets.

Something hectic going on. I’d be happy to get out at R1.5 on a rip.

Can’t say I am impressed with their management team.

#723 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:45 PM

72 hrs and no news from investor relations...either they swamped or cold.
Anyone else had any luck.

Also pls post any productive twitter posts....tired of reading doomsday stories premissed on debt exceeding assets.

#724 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 01:22 PM

So if they wanted to delist they would need to give shareholders a delisting price they agree on, so shareholders would go with it if it was a good deal?

Many shareholders are speculators here..last april dump occured at r1.65 and at r2.05....would gues a large number of shareholders would see out ar r1.50 then r2 ....may just see a steady buy over the next few weeks until which asc is required to disclose to market the route ahead. That may see the share break r2. But expect maybe 30 million shares potentionally. Their best best is to at least get 25% at under r2. Then make a market offer to shareholders at r3 and then get another 25%...
Alternatively - or in addition...do a debt to equity swap at 50%...and then valuation model end h1 and then delist without a need for a special resolution ..probably then anywhere r5 to r6.....r5 for the remaining 300m or 200m shares...thats crazy.. 100m euro???

There are a number of scenarios....shareholders not getting a best case at r10 to r12- discounted we getting a delist price r4 to r6...but thats for shareholders that hold on...many jumping off at r2 and r3....taking profits....

#725 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:49 PM

I tend to agree - this would be a viable scenario. Although they might well be buying up as much as they can already at these prices (70-80c). Once volumes dry up they make an offer buy out the remaining equity at the higher levels (R3 - R4) levels. At the moment there seems to be no shortage of sellers at below 80c.

I think thats whats been happening. I also think they doing this via a number of investment houses. The volume that cam from the instiutions wohld have had the price now at 35c but as they mopped up steadied where we saw. They also had instruction to buy as a set level..probably anything under 80c. They have a window to mop this up and we started seeing this particularly in december. By now they probably have 10 to 15% of the shares in agregate. When they do consolidate it will then have to be disclosed as a sens. They moving with stealth and have a strategy to outright acquire and well done to them its a brilliant play. They doing everything to get this share at a discount. Dont see them being hostile and causing legal action and causing disrepute to their investors....so will see a fair deal for shareholders...a fair deal will be brilliant for all parties eccept of course if your weighted average is still at r10.....in that case buy and try drop your average to under r2 if you can...... We must hold fast....same like steinhoff and other plays....ignore the doomsday because they actually wanting to buy when the share is dead....also ignore me because i am a verified pumper.......

#726 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 11:37 AM

Maverick today.....Some shareholders are concerned a consortium of lenders that is gaining control of Ascendis Health may be corporate raiders trying to get their hands on its highly profitable Remedica business.

Reminds me of the early steinhof days with the doom and gloom articals....poor journalism. Repeats everything from the twitter post. Has not done any investigations. Has not interviewied blantyre or looked at any of theor success stories and growth projects.

Whats the difference giving off 50% to 75% of asc in a debt equity swap versus selling off to a jew buyer....the diference is we the shareholders retain a piece of the crown jewel. And a rights issue will not be at 70c x volume of shares...as if any buyer came to the market to purchase 10million or 20 million shares asc share price over night will be at r3 due to demand.

It is sad we have such poor journarlism standards especially from Maverick as they started out well in the past few months....

Give a balanaced view...

Whats good thought...activist grouping of shareholders...we must support them...they will create enough of a media frenzy to ensure we all get a good deal.....

At todays prices...the quickest move is to delist asc at r4 to r6 a share...thats r2billion to r3billion rands...or 200m euros...the creditor takes everything assets and debt for 200m euro. They also get this years cash flow. And debt they already purchased for potentially 150m.

Delisting on the cards. Why did maverick look at this as a scenario....if its a corporaye raid this would be the easiest quickest least challenged route....at 70c. Potemtially 60% shareholders will sell out....

So if they wanted to delist they would need to give shareholders a delisting price they agree on, so shareholders would go with it if it was a good deal?

#727 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:22 AM

Maverick today.....Some shareholders are concerned a consortium of lenders that is gaining control of Ascendis Health may be corporate raiders trying to get their hands on its highly profitable Remedica business.

Reminds me of the early steinhof days with the doom and gloom articals....poor journalism. Repeats everything from the twitter post. Has not done any investigations. Has not interviewied blantyre or looked at any of theor success stories and growth projects.

Whats the difference giving off 50% to 75% of asc in a debt equity swap versus selling off to a jew buyer....the diference is we the shareholders retain a piece of the crown jewel. And a rights issue will not be at 70c x volume of shares...as if any buyer came to the market to purchase 10million or 20 million shares asc share price over night will be at r3 due to demand.

It is sad we have such poor journarlism standards especially from Maverick as they started out well in the past few months....

Give a balanaced view...

Whats good thought...activist grouping of shareholders...we must support them...they will create enough of a media frenzy to ensure we all get a good deal.....

At todays prices...the quickest move is to delist asc at r4 to r6 a share...thats r2billion to r3billion rands...or 200m euros...the creditor takes everything assets and debt for 200m euro. They also get this years cash flow. And debt they already purchased for potentially 150m.

Delisting on the cards. Why did maverick look at this as a scenario....if its a corporaye raid this would be the easiest quickest least challenged route....at 70c. Potemtially 60% shareholders will sell out....

I tend to agree - this would be a viable scenario.  Although they might well be buying up as much as they can already at these prices (70-80c).  Once volumes dry up they make an offer buy out the remaining equity at the higher levels (R3 - R4) levels.  At the moment there seems to be no shortage of sellers at below 80c.

#728 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:19 AM

Give a balanaced view...

#729 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 07:26 PM

Has anyone had any feedback from asc investor relation. None of my emails responded to. Usually they extremely dismissive and say...sorry we cann share information as that is market sensitive. They probably swamped...inundated...or hiding...

Wanted guidance on process from here with engagements......

#730 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 03:21 PM

They quite slack with investor relations.i requested meeting dates for board and for creditors and for market updste on the process and what creditors have requested.

#731 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 February 2021 - 03:10 PM

Some more shares in the market...need news..wrote to investor relations..they gone dead silent. I requested a calendar update and schedule of meetings

The following is posted on their website BTW ... this is the last day that they are allowed to report earning so won't be surprised it it changes.

31 March 2021: Interim results for six months ended 31 December 2020 announced (to be released on SENS at 08:00)
31 March 2021: Analyst presentation : live webcast starting at 10:00

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#732 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:40 PM

I am seriously concerned with correuption amd shares beimg offloaded and conveniently taken up within a short period..surely this is a hold now even for pic etc. I really think this is amanner in which individuals are self profiteering without expense to themselves..and transfering shares from institutiin to individuals

#733 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:29 PM

Some more shares in the market...need news..wrote to investor relations..they gone dead silent. I requested a calendar update and schedule of meetings

#734 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 01:26 PM

is it me or does she look a bit sick today

#735 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 06:01 AM

Update vaccine fiasco...dr expert mentioned we going to need vaccines every year for different strains as we do for a flue and there is a very big role for ivermectin preventative medicine usage...not sure how this wrks but thay what was said....
Even if a cheap drug...going to end up selling this like smarties globally....maybe another reason blantyre health interested in asc group.....sitting on not only a valuable comoany they can get debt equity swap and refinance debt but also sitting on fatastoc portfoljo of products that can he licensed and shared with a number of companies.....

Now all we jeed is the good news and we can exoect this small cap to follow suit .....stunned by ppc mittal etc...hope we dont miss this boat

#736 CowboyTrader

CowboyTrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 04:04 PM

Not sure about that. Was checking if I can find a link between Mergence and PIC.
Just don’t think they sold because of something we don’t know. Think they hold shares in the structure of the Lancaster SNH shares. Probably sold on behalf of PIC.
All my opinion

#737 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 03:45 PM

Do they get transactional fees on the exit as well?.... good riddense....i am not complaining..happy to have loaded at hopefully a depressed price due to volumes...

Lets see what the future holds

#738 CowboyTrader

CowboyTrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 03:10 PM

Personally, I am not worried about Mergence selling down. In my opinion, their relationship with the PIC is similar to that of Lancaster 101.

https://www.scribd.c...Cost-Schedule-1

https://www.ebnet.co...magda-wierzycka

https://www.mergence...acapital.co.za/

#739 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:31 PM

Mergence held about 8% in April 2019.
So don't know what they did in 2020 holding wise.
Hope this helps....

#740 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:38 PM

This is what I was wondering as well, trying to read what these selling downs means. These fund managers have access to information we do not have access to. 

+1

If Mergence are currently holding 4.85% it's a given they previously held over 5% & were allowed access to board meeting minutes.

If all of the latest developments are positive then this SENS doesn't make sens to me...!

Huge red flag...Big **** swinging contest about to commence.....Get some popcorn....

Anyone need a heads up...!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting