1645 replies to this topic

#861 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 January 2021 - 10:21 AM

Sahpra press statement tomorrow...unbanning of a drug....and we fire management of asc if they dont take advantage of the global wonder drug...and especially if they dont do an SA deal....

We should fire them for not championing the use/research of this drug. Why have they been so silent about it? 

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#862 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 January 2021 - 10:12 AM

Hi Shi...if you have a single buyer of 400m shares you can set the price at r4 a share.
If there is a delisting institutional shareholders will not accept r1.50....
If there is a rights issue it wont be the standard set at a low rate which is not fair value...
As you can see i think the delisting relisting is actually a very feasible option...to relist at t proper level.....r3.30 is my low.....i would take r3.50 upwards...dont take the first offer...as institutional will push..first offer up by 20 to 50%....

All the above seems to be related. Issuing 400m shares will double the issued shares and the buyer will own more than 50% of resulting shares. This needs to be approved by all current shareholders. This will also give the buyer the option of making an offer for the remaining shares (delisting!).

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#863 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:54 AM

Ivermectin approved in uk

#864 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:02 AM

With the rand strengthening over the past 4 months - ascendis debt obligations has also reduced as most debt is euro based. Thr market has not factored this in.
H1 trading update- there may be at least r500m free cash available after h1 to settle some of the bank debt.
H1 and blantyre purchased in excess of a third of debt at a discount which they would use to acquire equity in ascendis. Remainder debt of 120 to 140 million euros..potentially can be refinanced with euro convertible bonds or other mechanism with h1 and blantyre backing at significantly reduced pricing. SA debt of 2billion can be partly paid by h1 and blantyre further purchasing portion of equity. And hooefully by end h2 also reduced by cash generated throught the year. Disposal of sunwave and or farmilider may also add another 80 to 100 million euro if necessary....

Makes sense to delist- sort all the above and relist in europe????or just sort the above out by june and continue on......waiting to read clarks report and his thoughts....but certainly balanace sheet restructure would support a revaluation of the asc share. And similar to snh and ppc once the market gets comfort we will see the share price retrace some of its value...time in the market...and perhaps timing for some of us high risk investors...a few examples...eoh- ppc- snh-look back just 6 months.....

#865 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:01 PM

Sahpra press statement tomorrow...unbanning of a drug....and we fire management of asc if they dont take advantage of the global wonder drug...and especially if they dont do an SA deal....

#866 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:45 PM

Anyone have the Anthony Clark report

#867 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 02:11 PM

Trying to make sense of this

- extension of time limit to settle debt (was Dec 21, will probably look at 3 years +). So, uncertainty for ASC to last longer.
- talk of rights issue. ASC has 367m shares in issue. Rights offer at R1 (on 1 for 1 basis) only gives R367m and is very dilutive - we need to make a big dent in the debt and I don't see how this will be done. Is this really an option? At the end of the day, do I want to throw more money at ASC?
- Are there any options other than a rights issue? Good option would be a delisting - I would take R1.50 a share. Would the major shareholders be happy to sell at that price though?
- Selling other (than Remedica) businesses, won't make much of a dent in the debt

For now, the latest SENS looks like more of a negative than a positive, but lets give it a couple of weeks.

WRT ASC, of late I keep thinking of Ted Lasso's last episode's title ... it's called "The hope that kills you"

Hi Shi...if you have a single buyer of 400m shares you can set the price at r4 a share.
If there is a delisting institutional shareholders will not accept r1.50....
If there is a rights issue it wont be the standard set at a low rate which is not fair value...
As you can see i think the delisting relisting is actually a very feasible option...to relist at t proper level.....r3.30 is my low.....i would take r3.50 upwards...dont take the first offer...as institutional will push..first offer up by 20 to 50%....

#868 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2021 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for the reassurance, I know I am overly negative at the moment. Just wish I had a better understanding.

Trying to make sense of this

- extension of time limit to settle debt (was Dec 21, will probably look at 3 years +). So, uncertainty for ASC to last longer.
- talk of rights issue. ASC has 367m shares in issue. Rights offer at R1 (on 1 for 1 basis) only gives R367m and is very dilutive - we need to make a big dent in the debt and I don't see how this will be done. Is this really an option? At the end of the day, do I want to throw more money at ASC?
- Are there any options other than a rights issue? Good option would be a delisting - I would take R1.50 a share. Would the major shareholders be happy to sell at that price though?
- Selling other (than Remedica) businesses, won't make much of a dent in the debt

For now, the latest SENS looks like more of a negative than a positive, but lets give it a couple of weeks.

WRT ASC, of late I keep thinking of Ted Lasso's last episode's title ... it's called "The hope that kills you"

#869 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 11:05 AM

Buy low sell high...as this is range bound ...its a potshot .....buy and look away...

Buy and take your wife out for dinner celebrating the cash that will eventually pour in :D

#870 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:37 AM

Its the market in general at the moment, people losing jobs left right and center but markets around the world at record highs. 

Yes this is due to monetary easing I am sure but ya its not real and a bust will come sooner than later. 

Just keep holding, risk reward here is still great. 

Thanks for the reassurance, I know I am overly negative at the moment. Just wish I had a better understanding.

#871 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:35 AM

This is the paragraph that should ring bells. Simin is quite a critical journalist and this statement says to me....many are going to start soeculating on this share...especially witha trading update....ppc ex 4x its price short termm........

SIMON BROWN: Big story for the shareholders here. This is going to play out. It’s going to take some time. But to your point, that Remedica is a massive quality asset. And the fact that there are attempts here for Ascendis to hold on to that asset is, bottom line, good news for Ascendis shareholders, notwithstanding we don’t know how it shakes out

#872 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:28 AM

Almost 2 million shares in the bid volume at 72c or below. Is this because people are desperate to get as much as possible at the lowest price possible, or is it a way to drag the share price down? I have yet to fully understand what to make of the bi/offer volumes.

Buy low sell high...as this is range bound ...its a potshot .....buy and look away...

#873 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:12 AM

Something is not adding up here at all, the last few days of trading have been very suspect. I am beyond fed up with this share and the other SA Pharmaceutical shares at the moment...there is no logic. Good news is bad news and bad news is worse news.

Its the market in general at the moment, people losing jobs left right and center but markets around the world at record highs. 

Yes this is due to monetary easing I am sure but ya its not real and a bust will come sooner than later. 

Just keep holding, risk reward here is still great. 

#874 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:56 AM

MoneywebNOW podcast (recorded early this morning) with Anthony Clark talking about ASC ... go to 12:45 or so

https://www.moneyweb...s-under-threat/

Anthony's just like us, he has no inside info, he is just speculating.

#875 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:50 AM

Almost 2 million shares in the bid volume at 72c or below. Is this because people are desperate to get as much as possible at the lowest price possible, or is it a way to drag the share price down? I have yet to fully understand what to make of the bi/offer volumes.

#876 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:41 AM

Wow cannot believe the market doesnt like the news

Something is not adding up here at all, the last few days of trading have been very suspect. I am beyond fed up with this share and the other SA Pharmaceutical shares at the moment...there is no logic. Good news is bad news and bad news is worse news.

#877 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:40 AM

MoneywebNOW podcast (recorded early this morning) with Anthony Clark talking about ASC ... go to 12:45 or so

https://www.moneyweb...s-under-threat/

#878 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:35 AM

Wow cannot believe the market doesnt like the news

#879 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:05 AM

I’m crafting my well-considered $JSEASC Ascendis note now. I have to write it with some care

I will publish to my baser tomorrow. It will include today’s @JSE_SENS opinion & my viewpoint update on #ASC to its December 2020 period

AC view point may convince the market otherwise....sometimes its a drop before a takeoff......either you believe or you dont....

Morning All,

i see the report/note has been published...anyone with access to it ?

#880 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:54 PM

https://www.business...jewel-remedica/

Sent from my SM-G973F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting