• Please log in to reply
1645 replies to this topic

#901 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:17 AM

I am now beginning to suspect that all these shares being sold at 80c are an asset manager moving the same share between different funds within the same investment house.

Why do I think so? Because they could easily raise the price to 81c and it will still sell and if it were shares sold to non related parties 1c extra on eg. 5mil shares are still an extra R50k in the back pocket.

Well, at least this is what I think, right or wrong...

"Shareholders are advised that the board of directors of the Company (the “Board”) has received a letter from Blantyre"

"Capital Limited (“Blantyre”) and L1 Health GP SARL (“L1 Health”) informing the Company that they have, through
funds managed and advised by Blantyre and L1 Health, increased their aggregated exposure as a Consortium Lender
to more than one third of the aggregate exposure of all Consortium Lenders".

I have no idea how it works but maybe this explains what happened last week?

#902 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:58 AM

Bulgaria and greece have apprived ivermectin use- france is strongly leaning towards this as wel. Growing tide in favour of drug as repoŕts that vaccine rollout may take 2 years or so and may be an ongoung requirement due to mutations.this drug has apoarently reduced death rate by half in countries it is used in.
Interesting days...could be one drug in itself could be sold to recoup the debt on this entity. Ascendis now worth more surely on the balance sheet

#903 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:46 PM

I am now beginning to suspect that all these shares being sold at 80c are an asset manager moving the same share between different funds within the same investment house.

Why do I think so? Because they could easily raise the price to 81c and it will still sell and if it were shares sold to non related parties 1c extra on eg. 5mil shares are still an extra R50k in the back pocket.

Well, at least this is what I think, right or wrong...

#904 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:20 AM

At current share price- mx can buy shares to incentivise staff and themselves.this alone would drive the price.sardi earns r4m thereabouts. And if we add the company wide purchases.if 5% of total salary or a 2 to 1 deal....could easily drive demand and the share price....nil to date..

#905 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:47 AM

Sorry i am dumb or numb...how is 4 million sold but 76000 bought.
Also when is sens issues if company does staff purchases

I am probably looking at it completely wrong, this is still a learning curve for me. There were over 4million shares traded at 80c, but when I looked through the bid/offer transaction list throughout the day, there were almost no buyers at 80c...the deals that did go through were for small amounts as far as I could see. The buy offers were at 79c. Unfortunately the completed deals only show as a "sales" and not whether it was bought or sold.

The closing auction call had an offer basket of 1.95million shares at 80c when I checked.

#906 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

Sorry i am dumb or numb...how is 4 million sold but 76000 bought.
Also when is sens issues if company does staff purchases

#907 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:57 PM

Yeah someone is selling out at 80 cents. Once this dries up it will have a nice break out. We just need a nice little trading statement and you will see the share jump crazy. I'm expecting a very positive trading statement soon. 

Thanks for that, the selling seems to be ongoing...over 900k still on offer at 80c. What I am not understanding is why the share price is not going down if 4 million odd shares have been sold today and only 76k bought?

#908 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:07 PM

Anyone with better insight on what might be happening with this scenario? I recall seeing it not so long ago on another share and if I remember correctly it was followed by a breakout.

3.5 million shares traded so far, all at 80c..

Yeah someone is selling out at 80 cents. Once this dries up it will have a nice break out. We just need a nice little trading statement and you will see the share jump crazy. I'm expecting a very positive trading statement soon. 

#909 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:59 AM

Anyone with better insight on what might be happening with this scenario? I recall seeing it not so long ago on another share and if I remember correctly it was followed by a breakout.

3.5 million shares traded so far, all at 80c...

#910 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:24 AM

Strange to see the share price flat line since just after 9am, even though the volumes are relatively high? All trades that have gone through are at 80c. I can only hope that this is building up to a breakout above 80c.

#911 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:17 AM

Lots of current news around Ivermectin now, and the use thereof......
Holding thumbs

#912 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:51 AM

Good volumes being traded at an above SMA 100 and 200 line. Watch out for the bigger jump soon.

Beginning of February I'm expecting a trading statement and an update to Remedica.

#913 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 06:30 PM

And all 4 million on auction taken....up up and away

#914 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Its kaaak share with high high risk...and masssssive debt...and no dividends...
Dont buy....wait for mr market to signal buy...then get on board....
Many posters here taking risk...as assets potentially outweigh the debt....and we see a divestment.....speculative....

#915 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:15 PM

We have been in the eye of a pandemic for nearly 1yr & the response on a global scale is nothing I've ever experienced before. 

When it all started ASC was trading around R5/share it's now mid70c....Possibly 1 of the best short trades of the yr...

It's a medical/health business naturally defensive & should be buoyed by the health market as a whole but that's not the case.

Why isn't it...???????

My guess Mr Market NEVER wrong...Buyer beware...

Anyone need a heads up...!

#916 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:41 AM

Anything said regarding Ascendis at this point is pure speculation as management has provided nothing but ambiguous SENS announcements containing nothing material. Until management does release a SENS with material and unambiguous information the share price will likely continue to hover between 70 and 80c.

In the meantime I will just ignore the share completely. I look forward to the H1 update

#917 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:38 AM

We all know that for every buyer there must be a seller of a share.

When I look at buying a share I always try to figure out why someone would want to sell the share I am trying to buy. What would their reason be for selling, am I missing something?

It is for this reason I am wondering why someone would want to 1,133,965 share at 80c. The shares for sale at 80c goes up to just over 4million during action ( approx. for the past 2 weeks).

Why does these people want to sell? Why do they see the share not going higher than 80c?

I know there are many reasons, taking profit (they maybe bought at 60c which gives a good return if sold at 80c), they maybe kneed cashflow, etc.....

Just hoping I am not missing some big negative here....

#918 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:19 AM

Qiagen interested to know what revenue generated throughout africa ....this is also an exciting agenxy we have had nothing on only costs....able to deliver pcr tests in an hour to diagnose covid...........

#919 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:03 AM

There is some quick plays...think easy just this drug has increased its value as will be a drug for future viral strains... potentially could sell the drug itself for a lovely price.....and paydown debt...or milk it... either way. . Think sens or no sens... we heading to...r1.50

#920 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:58 AM

Usa and many counrries have allowed usage. Hence remedica sales would be driven by demand already. And as the outcry gains momentum so will demand.
Its a pity Asc does not announce a africa initiative. Either way this disease is with us apparently for 2 to 3 years...as vaccines not 100s and too many billions needing.....comeone Sardi get offfffff your assssss

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting