1645 replies to this topic

#81 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:07 PM

Looks like this share (or at least the sentiment surrounding this share) is now going completely belly up.

It is really starting to feel like a circus of a share to own and I truly hope it does not make clowns of us all.

It does not seam that the market out there have any appetite for this share, nor does it remotely believe in the R1.19 fair value post restructure.

Imagine if the board ask/suggest a rights issue..... Imagine how quickly this share falls to Zero then.

I am personally starting to think that all the talk of having a quick shareholder value unlock was all talk. It was my understanding pre restructure that the future of the business was never in the hope that the current or future management tries to fix and grow the business. The idea was to find a suitable buyer willing to pay a fair price for the rest of company. There were so many people toting R2+ as a fair price. The RAI group even had a poll which they shared with management at one stage suggesting shareholders would consider selling at around R2.

If we can get R1.19 per share like some did, I am 90% sure I'll take it and move on.

What are everyone's feelings on this share. Any thoughts out there?

I see they have also now postponed the AGM to March 2022. What a bunch of clowns. No wonder the share price is down 12% for the day.

And the sad part of all of this is that I convinced myself that I could believe what people were saying based on nothing but their own personal opinions and agendas. I see myself as the biggest CLOWN this all. Trade on facts not empty promises and wishful thinking, damn foooooooooollllll......

#82 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 02:48 PM

Looks like this share (or at least the sentiment surrounding this share) is now going completely belly up.

It is really starting to feel like a circus of a share to own and I truly hope it does not make clowns of us all.

It does not seam that the market out there have any appetite for this share, nor does it remotely believe in the R1.19 fair value post restructure.

Imagine if the board ask/suggest a rights issue..... Imagine how quickly this share falls to Zero then.

I am personally starting to think that all the talk of having a quick shareholder value unlock was all talk. It was my understanding pre restructure that the future of the business was never in the hope that the current or future management tries to fix and grow the business. The idea was to find a suitable buyer willing to pay a fair price for the rest of company. There were so many people toting R2+ as a fair price. The RAI group even had a poll which they shared with management at one stage suggesting shareholders would consider selling at around R2.

If we can get R1.19 per share like some did, I am 90% sure I'll take it and move on.

I do think there’s value in this share but the politics have completely ruined it. Nobody wants to get involved with a company where there different groups fighting for control of a small cap trading at a market cap of around 400 million as if its an Aspen.

#83 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 02:21 PM

#84 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the informative response IN. Very helpful indeed.

#85 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the informative response IN. Very helpful indeed.

#86 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 08:15 AM

Yasee IN.... i asked for assistance on explanation not a thesis:);):)..... hehhe... thanks for assisting bro... so to some up hodl block the noise.. most of us in the green after a long wait.. what is a few weeks more... a new ceo for x mas:) would be great...

Ya boet......a few sens from the company would also help....

#87 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 06:59 AM

Yasee IN.... i asked for assistance on explanation not a thesis:);):)..... hehhe... thanks for assisting bro... so to some up hodl block the noise.. most of us in the green after a long wait.. what is a few weeks more... a new ceo for x mas:) would be great...

#88 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:16 PM

Sorry have been completed inundated with responsibilities and have not had much social media time.

Harry smit raised a s164 during the recap inorder to better understand the company value. He had communicated his intention to do so to the voting pool. Most rebuke him as saying he is disengenous because he now can sell his shares for r1.19. Noting he is now a nominee and working with management executing the 164 prevents him from buying back in a closed period. In all of this selling his shares he may have made r40k profit. But now loses all the upside. The time and effort he gas spent on asc over the months cannot be costed fighting for transparency etc. In a board meeting....1 meeting directors earn more than that. This is a non issue

What is really happening seems to be a grapple between harry and a second splinter group.of shareholders who want to depose Harry and believe they know whats best for Asc and will work with management to turn around the company.

This is an ugly display that is playing out in social media and Harry does not deserve to be atta ked for r40000. He has always been upfront and the sens issued recently was a follow on from a previous sens. It is opportune to now tackle Harry on this. In sport its referred to as tackling the man rather than playing the game.

The dissenting shareholders have in their group the purchaser of animal health amd a bidder for the company.

Regarding the agm- we cannot have shareholders divided. We need to find the team to direct management accordingly. As a shareholder i had reduced my holding to enable my board position and to settle obligations. I am still a shareholder and fully vested. This is a requirement to be an independent director

The next two weeks we should see the shareholder groups forming to better position themselves for the agm and garner votes to as they say help management turnaround the company....issue is shareholders wanting board positions now have both a vested interest in their shareholding and they have themselves bid for the company assets. How will they then be independent.

I have signed my proxy to aai who have been engaging on the issues with management and am committed to Harry. I have also signed the nda to support Harry Aai and the board in execution where required.

Personally not happy with all the social media attacks and management distraction.....it seems after all a fight for voter support and board seats......

We should as shareholders vote in a resolution remunerating any new board appointee to work for zero compensation and only reimbursed a performance bonus when the share price reaches specific milestones.

Hope we end up at the end of dec with a stronger company and atronger committed leadership rather than a company without a voice and no strategy...

#89 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:25 PM

No worries bro. I am hoping/speculating that the agm has been moved due to possibilty of selling pharma or some resolutions on sales or financing localy... closer to the time qe may get a few sens i suppose... my 2 cents

#90 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:25 PM

No worries bro. I am hoping/speculating that the agm has been moved due to possibilty of selling pharma or some resolutions on sales or financing localy... closer to the time qe may get a few sens i suppose... my 2 cents

#91 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:35 AM

I will take a stab at it.
Its was a calculated move to get what the fair price should be at prior to recap... we now know R1.19... post recap will thus be much better.. so apparently and i recal in one sens we had a non binding offer for less.. and allegedly they are getting non binding offers for less than R1.19... now again this is pre recap fair value... and non binding offers dont get a manditory sens... this is my understanding...So imho there are entities trying to get ASC on the cheap... and seems to resorted to twitter bashing...as they ar e not getting their way... well IN is probably the subject matter expert on this so will have to wait for his take .... i hodl till at least 20 Dec.... have had this share for close to 2 years now

Thanks Billions - Ok - I'm beginning to understand. Thanks for taking the time.  I wonder what happened to all the offers that ASC was apparently being flooded with for the remaining SA Business?  Assuming those were all either lowball offers or were nothing more than tyre-kicking and had no substance?  

#92 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:07 AM

Its was a calculated move to get what the fair price should be at prior to recap... we now know R1.19... post recap will thus be much better.. so apparently and i recal in one sens we had a non binding offer for less.. and allegedly they are getting non binding offers for less than R1.19... now again this is pre recap fair value... and non binding offers dont get a manditory sens... this is my understanding...So imho there are entities trying to get ASC on the cheap... and seems to resorted to twitter bashing...as they ar e not getting their way... well IN is probably the subject matter expert on this so will have to wait for his take .... i hodl till at least 20 Dec.... have had this share for close to 2 years now

#93 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:06 AM

#94 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 08:05 AM

Could anyone shed some light on what the latest chapter of the ASC saga?  Twitter feeds of Retail Activist Investors and numerous others are buzzing with accusations and insinuations.  It would seem Harry (and a very short list of others) have sold their holding in some sort of deal where he / they thoughtfully negotiated a price of 119c for themselves.  The problem is that the Retail Activist Investors messages are cryptic and do not provide much context.  I would like to understand exactly what is going on with all this.  I mean how, after claiming ASC have been flooded with offers as well as claims of what the shares are actually worth, would the leader of the activists sell out for 119c?  

I don't want to rush to an ill informed conclusion but it would seem, now that they have negotiated a tidy little deal for themselves using the voting pool as leverage, they are keen to find their next money maker in the form of Tongaat or Bell?  I hope I am wrong and I'm hoping someone could explain both what has happened as well as what they are hoping to achieve.  

second  that....

#95 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:36 AM

Could anyone shed some light on what the latest chapter of the ASC saga?  Twitter feeds of Retail Activist Investors and numerous others are buzzing with accusations and insinuations.  It would seem Harry (and a very short list of others) have sold their holding in some sort of deal where he / they thoughtfully negotiated a price of 119c for themselves.  The problem is that the Retail Activist Investors messages are cryptic and do not provide much context.  I would like to understand exactly what is going on with all this.  I mean how, after claiming ASC have been flooded with offers as well as claims of what the shares are actually worth, would the leader of the activists sell out for 119c?  

I don't want to rush to an ill informed conclusion but it would seem, now that they have negotiated a tidy little deal for themselves using the voting pool as leverage, they are keen to find their next money maker in the form of Tongaat or Bell?  I hope I am wrong and I'm hoping someone could explain both what has happened as well as what they are hoping to achieve.  

#96 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 03:27 PM

https://www.moneyweb...dium=Indicators

#97 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 07:25 AM

I don't want to step on anyone's toes but looking at the Ascendis share price I think the activist group might first want to finish what they started and hopefully still get the share price up of Ascendis before they take on Tongaat project.

I own both shares but I still have not seen any real value increase in ASC.

Focus on getting ASC turned around (quick turnaround, we don't want a long turnaround with the hope of successful outcome, get someone who knows the business with lots of capital to buy us out at fair price so we can move on)  and then take on new project. The support for such new ventures will then also be massive.

Really hoping we all can still walk away from this share with some money in our pockets......

#98 Ramo

Ramo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 22 November 2021 - 05:29 PM

Resolutions on AGM has changed. 

New AGM date is the 20th of December.

Sorry, pressed button too quickly the last time.  AGM resolutions have changed.  The new resolutions are set out in the attached proxy.

Attached Files

Edited by Ramo, 22 November 2021 - 05:30 PM.

#99 Ramo

Ramo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 22 November 2021 - 05:25 PM

#100 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:50 AM

email notification from my bank stating the corporate action has been cancelled.....I am assuming the AGM has been cancelled or the resolutions have changed so they need to issue a new one....i dunno really.....anyone out there with some info?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting