• Please log in to reply
1645 replies to this topic

#121 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:28 AM

Sounds like the AGM will be moved and I'm sure there will be a SENS soon. To my mind we have to have news on the offers in the pipeline and the way forward. I wonder how the delayed AGM would impact on this timeline...

I guess patience is the name of the game but not long ago parties where loudly claiming ASC had no shortage of offers.  Given the lack of SENS, it would appear the "flood" of offers has vanished.  I hope I am mistaken.  

#122 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 08:58 AM

Sounds like the AGM will be moved and I'm sure there will be a SENS soon. To my mind we have to have news on the offers in the pipeline and the way forward. I wonder how the delayed AGM would impact on this timeline...

#123 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 08:20 AM

Everyday when the SENS announcements start rolling out I hope to see one saying the company have received an offer to buy out the all the shares in ASC for R2+.

I really do not want to be in this share long term.

Any one else hoping for a quick exit?

#124 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 05:26 PM

Another SENS out…Mark Sardi CEO has resigned, I’m not too sure how I feel about this. I quite liked the guy he was well presented and came across as intelligent and in all fairness he did get Ascendis out of the mess it was in.

Not great for market confidence when bird members are resigning so regularly, I think this is the second in two weeks and if that’s anything to go by more will be on the way especially now that Mark is gone.

Finally Investment Novice and Andi still sad?

#125 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:32 PM

Thank you . Its been a slog. We learnt with snh all is not as it seems in the corporate world. We have been pushing for the last year on invreased transparency and regular feedback to market. There are a number of items we need to sort out and we have been asking asc to compkete this and hopefully there is news soonwr or later. The draw down favilities are a noose on our necks. We want those gone and refinanced. Short term traders want asset disposals but we need to figure out if this is the best move...will we get peanuts at a fire sale or would it be better to convert 3 to 5 new drug pipelines. The head office costs amd jse listing is expensive. Can we list cheaper elsewhere. We know very little despite how much we read in the ontegrated reports..what is the ongoing ooerational and maintenanace costs. Afe there better cheaper ways to bring drugs to market. Would a jv be better for us than divesting. There are a number of questions that mark and his team have looked through and we need to better understand the opportunities.....or follow through the agreed cause of action and divest.....still know very little....

Unlikrly aai has so much influence to move the bar 30%....if that were true we would have made money with cfds...

Or at least sens today gave us topside 10% lol..

Early days for shareholder avtivism...fine line in driving value versus destroying value.

#126 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 05:08 PM

Congrats IN for securing a seat in the board

#127 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 01:16 PM

any email?......

Nope - nothing...

#128 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 12:15 PM

Thanks, I will wait for mail. The Discord thing is too busy for me

any email?......

#129 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 November 2021 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, I will wait for mail. The Discord thing is too busy for me

Yip, it is hectic over there  :D  . Although, there is a wealth of information on there (not just talking ASC), and it is a great place to ask questions and get quick (good) responses.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#130 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 03:52 PM

Yeah David, formal mail is through email. Informal updates and chatter is through discord and Twitter. Expect a email update Wednesday Thursday next week on the way forward etc.

Thanks, I will wait for mail. The Discord thing is too busy for me 😂

#131 Poor Dad

Poor Dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 02:07 PM

Yeah David, formal mail is through email. Informal updates and chatter is through discord and Twitter. Expect a email update Wednesday Thursday next week on the way forward etc.

#132 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 09:07 AM

Sorry to hear this. I would assume that you not on the Discord JSE_Bets server then? The AAI guys are active on there and give "updates" almost daily. Else just ask Investment Novice.

https://discord.com/...113806944469002

Thanks man, will give it a look. Though I would've expected the updates to be through the formal channel that we signed through (email)

#133 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 28 October 2021 - 07:06 PM

Ja I must say I don't know what is happening with this share anymore, I think the AAI guys are the cause for all the instability and now I see they have 30% as per latest SENS...Where to from here? Especially now that a voting pool has significant influence? Anyone here in the loop with the AAI guys? Like I said earlier I signed the voting pool so I could be in the loop but we haven't got any communication from them which freaks me out a bit now that they have quite a bit of control of the company due to me signing shares over to them yet we are largely left in the dark as to their intentions. I am sure they will have to communicate with us soon now that the SENS is out.

Sorry to hear this. I would assume that you not on the Discord JSE_Bets server then? The AAI guys are active on there and give "updates" almost daily. Else just ask Investment Novice.

https://discord.com/...113806944469002

Edited by Shi, 28 October 2021 - 07:07 PM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#134 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:01 PM

Ja I must say I don't know what is happening with this share anymore, I think the AAI guys are the cause for all the instability and now I see they have 30% as per latest SENS...Where to from here? Especially now that a voting pool has significant influence? Anyone here in the loop with the AAI guys? Like I said earlier I signed the voting pool so I could be in the loop but we haven't got any communication from them which freaks me out a bit now that they have quite a bit of control of the company due to me signing shares over to them yet we are largely left in the dark as to their intentions. I am sure they will have to communicate with us soon now that the SENS is out.

I would expect them to communicate soon given both the SENS and the negative price movement today.

I think AAI have to date, done a great deal of good in terms of preventing Mr Sardi from pawning off everything at Black Friday prices, as well as pressuring him into communicating more effectively.  My concern with AAI is the tone of a lot of the posts on Twitter.  They almost come across as cocky and arrogant. It's as if they are saying "we are flooded with offers so if you're a buyer, pay up or p1ss off". 
Perhaps I am imagining things? My feeling is that this sets the tone for any prospective buyers as they know they are in for a very confrontational and adversarial negotiation process. In my experience it's never been good to begin on that sort of footing because buyers will respond with similar tone.  I must acknowledge, I have no knowledge of how buyers - if any - have opened negotiations and AAI's tone may be justified.  I am also accept I may be way off the mark - hopefully I am.

#135 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 04:19 PM

Edited by David-89, 28 October 2021 - 04:24 PM.

#136 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:46 PM

I suppose hindsight is 20/20, it would've been nice for me to sell out at R1.20 but I never so what can we do. Nothing has changed since we reached those levels so maybe it was just a pump due to the hype like you said. I'm sure there a few SENS announcements on the way which will provide us with some much needed clarity firstly on the disposal of Pharma as well as the way forward long term as the during the last shareholder meeting Mark alluded to de-listing now that we are "right sized" whether the new management team will continue with this path is up in the air currently.

Can the market genuinely be this skittish / temperamental?  How can it pump so high and dump so much in such a short space of time with no new information?  Or is this simply pump and dump / manipulation / insider trading?  Absolutely unfathomable and a bipolar pig of a share - .  No wonder the institutions won't touch it.   AAI pump this thing with information on being flooded by offers etc...  now, merely days later this share vacates its bowels on the bed.  

#137 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:11 PM

Looks like MR Market is not buying the hype, announcements and words anymore.

MR Market is looking for tangible action it seems.

Still holding but wish I tapped out when we were in the R1.20 range.

I suppose hindsight is 20/20, it would've been nice for me to sell out at R1.20 but I never so what can we do. Nothing has changed since we reached those levels so maybe it was just a pump due to the hype like you said. I'm sure there a few SENS announcements on the way which will provide us with some much needed clarity firstly on the disposal of Pharma as well as the way forward long term as the during the last shareholder meeting Mark alluded to de-listing now that we are "right sized" whether the new management team will continue with this path is up in the air currently.

#138 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:46 PM

Looks like MR Market is not buying the hype, announcements and words anymore.

MR Market is looking for tangible action it seems.

Still holding but wish I tapped out when we were in the R1.20 range.

#139 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 October 2021 - 02:27 PM

Feels like Mark Sardi came in to do a job and it is done but I think the resignation is a bit premature. Should have done it after everything is actually settled.

I wonder if it was due to board or activist pressure or maybe it's more personal in nature.

Agreed, and it does look like shareholder involvement. Remember, the AGM is due in December and they might have stated that his number is up. Resign rather than be fired? Could there be more to follow, me thinks so.

Given the share price action in the last few months, I don't see this one going over 140c without a firm offer of 160c plus. Mr Market needed time to get to know ASC v2.0 before re-rating it. Given how fast things are happening ATM, I won't be surprised to see an offer or two in the next 2 weeks. Interesting times ... 

Edited by Shi, 24 October 2021 - 02:28 PM.

#140 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 08:49 AM

Mark indicated being around 6 months post resignation to consult. It may be he wants to without prejudice either apply for another position or rest. He may already know where the company is heading and time is limited for him.
Following scenarios
1. Sales of all 3 assets to be fast to unlock value. All business prepared for sale so deal would be very fast once price agreed. May just need the 6 months for regulatory approvals.
2. Merger with a big entity and share swap. Be interesting adcock or dischem or other...it would be negotiated as average 30day sgare is not fair value...asc still undervalued. Lots of value to unlock
3. Sale of entire asset base to another company

Pharma business produces poor ROE...this is certainly a business to flip and improve margins. Cant understand why this business has not pumped...pipeline of drugs they have access to and their current portfolio ....this business should be paying dividends and not just turning over...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting