1645 replies to this topic

#141 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:33 AM

Feels like Mark Sardi came in to do a job and it is done but I think the resignation is a bit premature. Should have done it after everything is actually settled.

I wonder if it was due to board or activist pressure or maybe it's more personal in nature.

#142 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:48 AM

4 sens in 4 days...recap done

Think we going to get a njmber of sens in the coming weeks heading to final vote if needed at dec agm.

#143 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 08:47 AM

I think Mr. Sardi concluded his 2 years task, helping Ascendis to survive, changing the company from a quite big entity with an huge and unsustainable debt to much smaller entity with no debt.
By the end of 2021, when Mr. Sardi will left, I think all the matters related to possibile buyout will be concluded.

Now let's wait for the company assets offers, think in the next few weeks we will know everything.

Expect more board members to resign or stay on for 3 months. I wonder if ceo resignation is a signal that deal speed is highly likely...share price stable..job well done mr sardi - but now onto the next journey whether its divestments or growth.....this is ceryainly not a distressed asset and there is no reason to be sold cheap...fair value is a multiple of current cap...even if we think 50% - 100% or 200....
Each of the multiples is exciting and welcomed ..and any further share buya now will help lock that in....i think buying upto r1.60 r1.80 is fair...hold from there....

#144 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:38 PM

Another SENS out…Mark Sardi CEO has resigned, I’m not too sure how I feel about this. I quite liked the guy he was well presented and came across as intelligent and in all fairness he did get Ascendis out of the mess it was in.

Not great for market confidence when bird members are resigning so regularly, I think this is the second in two weeks and if that’s anything to go by more will be on the way especially now that Mark is gone.

I think Mr. Sardi concluded his 2 years task, helping Ascendis to survive, changing the company from a quite big entity with an huge and unsustainable debt to much smaller entity with no debt.

By the end of 2021, when Mr. Sardi will left, I think all the matters related to possibile buyout will be concluded.

Now let's wait for the company assets offers, think in the next few weeks we will know everything.

Edited by Tolly12, 22 October 2021 - 04:39 PM.

#145 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 03:26 PM

Another SENS out…Mark Sardi CEO has resigned, I’m not too sure how I feel about this. I quite liked the guy he was well presented and came across as intelligent and in all fairness he did get Ascendis out of the mess it was in.

Not great for market confidence when bird members are resigning so regularly, I think this is the second in two weeks and if that’s anything to go by more will be on the way especially now that Mark is gone.

#146 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:47 PM

David...absolute valid post. Think the activist intention was also to demonstrate the value of a pharma business. We would havr no idea except the ebitda cannot be used to value this business nor the familida pipeline. As a shareholder think any offer at r500m plus would be sweet...or even...say cheers and grow this business as the remainjng debt can be refinanced. The share at r1.15 is cheap and there is room for another 30 to 50% deoendent on the demand and buyers...this company with low market cap sitting in value is sitting duck for a hostile takeover...we already seeing buyers accumulating shares...and expect at least another 2 weeks of fire run in the share price

#147 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 10:15 AM

Hey did anyone else read the activist email?
According to this info asc pharma should be worth around R3 a share?

Just read the Activist mail now. My take on the whole Activist thing is try take everything they communicate as a bit overhyped - they have a large vested interest in the share price so they will exaggerate valuation claims as it is in their best interests. I'm not saying what they doing is wrong nor am I disputing the R3 claim but it is a very bold valuation to compare the Asc Pharma business with that of Aspen for a number of reasons:

-The businesses contain different products in different markets

-The businesses will attract different buyers who will see different synergies due to the above which will lead to a different value, the value of a CGU(Non-current asset) held for sale is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it (FV less costs to sell - IFRS 3 agrees with this)

The activists have purely compared the businesses on a revenue basis and as we know revenue doesn't mean much if your costs are higher, a better comparison would have been on EBITDA if they are taking over production facilities and inherently costs(not sure how Pharma operates to be honest). I myself haven't looked into the value of the Aspen nor Ascendis Pharma business but the above is just my take on the email we were sent. Obviously I would be well chuffed if the Pharma business is worth R3 per share as I have a significant holding in ASC.

We will have to wait and see what offers come in to get the value of Pharma. As a side note I believe given our current situation we are still trading well below fair value if we can get a moderately fair price for the assets we have for sale.

Lastly I'm pretty chuffed with what the Activists have done with Ascendis management in terms of forcing communication out of them, before their involvement shareholders received no communication on potential offers or anything really and now we seem to be getting communications regularly. I can't speak to the Activists other involvement with ASC as I am not privy to what they doing behind the scenes I am only seeing the more regular communication since they got involved.

I signed my voting pool with them as I want to see what they're up to as they have something like 160 million shares behind them so they have significant influence and I did not want to be out of that loop, whether I extend the agreement past 6 months will be dependent on how they operate as I don't see much value in them just hounding management and demanding value that just is not there.

Edited by David-89, 22 October 2021 - 10:19 AM.

#148 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:34 AM

Hey did anyone else read the activist email?
According to this info asc pharma should be worth around R3 a share?

#149 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:30 AM

Thanks Lionel - will have a look into those next week 🙏🏻

Yea the graph on Ascendis we see the pump and then sell off over the past year, but with the news on selling segment of business might be what Mr market was waiting for?

City lodge looks bullish, I got 2 mnths ago...graph is looking good for me, could see some profit takes in this morning trade

Ppc, ACL, sibanye im holding long term

No trading advice Larry

#150 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 01:48 PM

https://ascendisheal...r-2021final.pdf

The new Ascendis may now officially start...

#151 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 08:21 AM

You have to go quite far back for a TA so let’s see.

Lionel any other shares worth looking into from you end?
Could be anything short term up to buy/hold until Dec 2022

Thanks in advance

Yea the graph on Ascendis we see the pump and then sell off over the past year, but with the news on selling segment of business might be what Mr market was waiting for?

City lodge looks bullish, I got 2 mnths ago...graph is looking good for me, could see some profit takes in this morning trade

Ppc, ACL, sibanye im holding long term

No trading advice Larry

#152 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 07:18 AM

You have to go quite far back for a TA so let’s see.

Lionel any other shares worth looking into from you end?
Could be anything short term up to buy/hold until Dec 2022

Thanks in advance

Yea I am, got in at 60c.... No target im letting this run. Will sell if she dips to R1 tho

U said your first target R1. 20, but u talked about the R2.... Let's hope hey 😁

#153 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:17 PM

Hold on tight...we got a buyout probably...better than a piecemeal protracted regulatory hurdled process....r2.50 to r3 doable....wont be surprused r1.70 to r2 sens announced asap to vote on dec agm.

#154 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 04:34 PM

https://ascendisheal...r-2021final.pdf

#155 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:27 PM

I think R1.60 and then R2.30 then who knows if it gets this far 🤞🏼

#156 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

Lionel are you invested here? Target?

Did I say R1,20 or R2,10? 😁😁😁

Yea I am, got in at 60c.... No target im letting this run. Will sell if she dips to R1 tho

U said your first target R1. 20, but u talked about the R2.... Let's hope hey 😁

#157 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:01 PM

David-89,

Hope you still holding. You should be smiling right about now.

Trading at R1.27 now. I also hope for R2+ but I am telling you it will take some convincing to not sell the shares once it hits R2.

Hope you all are in green by now.

Yip I am still holding and now I am a happy camper - up 35% odd right now. I wonder what is causing this pump? Perhaps an offer is imminent...I am sure we will see a SENS soon...obviously something has leaked.

All the excitement has me considering buying more now but then I remember the past year of heartache  :lol:

#158 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:15 PM

For the last year I've said as soon as I break-even I'm going to sell out but now with all the excitement I'm considering freeing up cash to increase my ASC holding. So much for me sticking to my strategy :D

David-89,

Hope you still holding. You should be smiling right about now.

Trading at R1.27 now. I also hope for R2+ but I am telling you it will take some convincing to not sell the shares once it hits R2.

Hope you all are in green by now.

#159 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:01 PM

Lionel are you invested here? Target?

Did I say R1,20 or R2,10? 😁😁😁

#160 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 11:13 AM

This sucker is pomping so steep the curve might flip backwards haha.

Theres ur 1.20 Larry

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting