#101 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:48 AM

What's this

email notification from my bank stating the corporate action has been cancelled.....I am assuming the AGM has been cancelled or the resolutions have changed so they need to issue a new one....i dunno really.....anyone out there with some info?

#102 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:42 AM

What's this

#103 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:26 AM

i received this

RE: CORPORATE ACTION (Annual General Meeting: ASCENDIS HEALTH LTD) – CANCELLATION OF THE CORPORATE ACTION
With reference to the aforesaid Corporate Action, please take note that the issuer has cancelled this Corporate Action. 

A new SENS to come maybe? 

#104 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:20 PM

Mmm... intresting that the dude that was asked to step down years ago is back...market liked the sens... perhaps a takeover speculation.... ?

#105 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:18 PM

Thanks, I’ll keep my eye out for the SENS. Hopefully we will see some nice end of day price action.

Done and done

#106 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 02:54 PM

Expected a sens- should see one tofay and or tomorrow discussing s164 and agm postponement and new resolutions

Thanks, I’ll keep my eye out for the SENS. Hopefully we will see some nice end of day price action.

#107 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 02:53 PM

Expected a sens- should see one tofay and or tomorrow discussing s164 and agm postponement and new resolutions

#108 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 02:51 PM

Interesting so that should set up a new minimum price also that fair value is likely to be very conservative. Surely they will issue a SENS to this matter? No SENS seems to be out as of yet.

#109 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 02:48 PM

Asc fair value prerecap r1.19 according to email recipients that filed s164

#110 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 11:06 AM

Hi all- based on blantyre and the recap we need to better ubderstand aome of the numbers. Also i font have line of sight of the disposals. There is value unlock if we get the right price- or right relationship for growth etc.
What we must not do is have a firesale or be desperate.
There is also IP from farmilida that may not be transferable but extremely valuable once dossiers converted. And Asc would need to think about how to unlock that- exclude from pharma sale etc...lots of moving parts....the noose from blantyre must be severed compketely for any chance of growth.

I have to apologise to all here as well. I have inforned asc i cannot accept the nomination but will gladly sign the nda and support strategy execution and not trade.

I have my own company dilemna that have refused to allow me to accept this based on proximity. Certainly dont understand the justification and dont want the legal route despite having full legal support there is no conflict. Howver i respect my company and the rules by which we need to abide by.

Please accept my apoligies in this regard

#111 Ramo

Ramo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 November 2021 - 10:22 AM

Hi IN

The Activist Group seems very confident that value can be unlocked through disposals, cost reductions and monetizing some of the dossiers.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Or do you think a buyout offer is imminent.  What do you think is a likely fair price that will be accepted by the shareholders and is it likely that such an offer will be received.

Thanks in advance for your views.

#112 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:36 PM

I forgot about this. A really good point. Why do you think they would low ball the offer? What would be the benefit of doing that?

The offer may be a very very low number less than current share price and may include all the debt pre recapitalisation for a distressed asset.

Corporate politics is a given where individuals incentivised for their own pockets. Transparency is layered and lots of transaction costs bundled so you dont see who gets what...king governance may need another revision this time calling for board structural changes and observers or some form of mechanism to increase oversight....

Recent sens talks to further offers....investor fatigue is a reality

#113 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:36 PM

I forgot about this. A really good point. Why do you think they would low ball the offer? What would be the benefit of doing that?

The offer may be a very very low number less than current share price and may include all the debt pre recapitalisation for a distressed asset.

Corporate politics is a given where individuals incentivised for their own pockets. Transparency is layered and lots of transaction costs bundled so you dont see who gets what...king governance may need another revision this time calling for board structural changes and observers or some form of mechanism to increase oversight....

Recent sens talks to furth offers....investor fatigue is a reality

#114 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 05:02 PM

Thanks. That would be such Bs if it transpired that way. This kind of stuff makes me lose faith in humanity.

#115 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:48 PM

There was talk / offers on the table where some of the execs would get a big fat bonus. Corporate boardroom games. 

If you can buy the company for R1.50 and give the execs R10m to keep the price there, you'll be saving a lot more than having the company valued at R2.50 ( with 490m shares on offer). If the fair value comes out, it is then public knowledge and that would take some uncertainty away from the market. 

#116 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:22 PM

Also tomorrow fair value for the company is due for the dissenting shareholders...... as determined by ASC board. I'm certain they'll be using some creative accounting to make the offer as low as possible. 

So we'll have to wait and see.

#117 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:07 AM

My suspicion is that there is an offer on the table..... worth considering...... and probably why the AGM is moved is so shareholders can vote on the offer at the AGM. .... just a suspicion

Had the same thoughts... as they have mentioned none binding offers reveicved in sens.. i too am tired of this share and looking for a quick exit

#118 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:36 AM

My suspicion is that there is an offer on the table..... worth considering...... and probably why the AGM is moved is so shareholders can vote on the offer at the AGM. .... just a suspicion 

Quite possibly - Let's hope you are right.

#119 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:35 AM

Also tomorrow fair value for the company is due for the dissenting shareholders...... as determined by ASC board. I'm certain they'll be using some creative accounting to make the offer as low as possible. 

So we'll have to wait and see.

#120 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:34 AM

Sounds like the AGM will be moved and I'm sure there will be a SENS soon. To my mind we have to have news on the offers in the pipeline and the way forward. I wonder how the delayed AGM would impact on this timeline...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting