1645 replies to this topic

#161 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:27 PM

Similar to snh after the pain is the gain...ride the dips upwards..

#162 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:28 AM

Lots of big offers around 200-300k shares. Assume some profit taking and hope sellers will dry up soon and them push over R1 then next stop should be around R1.20

I won’t be spending more money on this but looking positive

#163 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:17 PM

Asc has lots of legroom and we going to see vultures come in to take the company in totality as there is lots of lockef in value. There are potentially a few more competing bids to come...r2. Is the target for the next 2 weeks. Thats another 100% premium where we currently at.
50 million shares traded last week. Potentially a hostile takeover on the cards...so may be a positive uowards trend and still to ride this boat. Really a hot share currently with risk off the table and no litigation pending.

Wow, R2 in 2 weeks. Lets see how that pans out - will check back on this after election day. Given that ASC was at 60c less than 2 weeks ago, I'd expect lots of profit taking over R1, I'd be a bit more conservative. However, a bid with an actual offer of over R2 (offer out now for Pharma doesn't include a price - these things takes time) will seal the deal here.

Edited by Shi, 17 October 2021 - 11:18 PM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#164 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 08:08 AM

Asc has lots of legroom and we going to see vultures come in to take the company in totality as there is lots of lockef in value. There are potentially a few more competing bids to come...r2. Is the target for the next 2 weeks. Thats another 100% premium where we currently at.
50 million shares traded last week. Potentially a hostile takeover on the cards...so may be a positive uowards trend and still to ride this boat. Really a hot share currently with risk off the table and no litigation pending.

#165 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:05 AM

For the last year I've said as soon as I break-even I'm going to sell out but now with all the excitement I'm considering freeing up cash to increase my ASC holding. So much for me sticking to my strategy :D

#166 Tolly12

Tolly12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:01 AM

So with yesterday's update Ascendis 2.0 won't be a company with 12 Million € as EBITDA and about 30 Million € as debt.

Ascendis 2.0 will be a company with 13-14 Million € as EBITDA and about zero debt.

Normally company with zero debt (very rare cases) trade at 10 times the EBITDA, minumum.

Now Ascendis is trading at 1.8 times that potential EBITDA.

Now let's wait for Pharma division sales info.

A new company is going to born.

Edited by Tolly12, 14 October 2021 - 10:06 AM.

#167 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:36 AM

Ps one more thing - if this company is sorted out I will probably hang on until end 2022 earliest. Same as with Snh

#168 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:35 AM

Looking at 18 million shares traded yesterday, very positive

There were some big offers of 1 million shares so yes whales are jumping in.

If we can get to around R1 I think next resistance is around R1,20 and then should be possible to get to R2

Anyway, I’m just an idiot that took a risk so don’t take my words very seriously

#169 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:16 PM

Pharma valued on its assets rather than ebitda. Massive pipeline and big money. Unlikely asc can exploit this amd hemve we sitting on assets r500 to 700m genrating minimal positive ebitda. The roe is rediculous. The unlock flips this company. Now you have absolute zero debt- positive vash for special dividend perhaps 30c to 50c and 2 solid entities which can generate r150 to 200 m or more...in the right hands.. . The qiagen lab business and a number of the lines are under peforming.....8x multiple....r2 for remainder or r3....i think the market will realise this and to your point dont exit because of fatigue....we in for a bidding war.......should see a number of sens coming through now .....and even more likely a potential hostile takeover with majority shareholder aligning and taking control wanting all the value. We may see some ups and downs woth profit taking but r2 is my target too short term...
Big whales buying the shares mopping up.retailers.....this is not a pump.and dump....

#170 Billions

Billions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:28 PM

If i recal pharma had a great q4 aswell as there was another loss making divission that was sold off, i cant recal full details. thus farma should be viewed as profitable going forward... i think the sale will cover all remaining debt.. pharma has some key lines and certain dossiers if i read correctly all of which are above my pay grade to understand evaluations on ... so sell the future not the past and we will be good as a debt free compnay imho... after 19 months i am in the green.... so beginning to trust the process much more now

#171 Daytrader01

Daytrader01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:41 PM

What will the business be worth in share price after the sale

#172 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:12 PM

https://www.sharenet...eq=16&scode=ASC

So had a look. Ascendis Pharma is part of the 3 units we were left with after recap.

Ascendis Pharma has a portfolio of well-known brands and a simple business model. The top 10 brands
account for approximately 85% of sales. All brands are owned 100% and operate under an outsourced
supply chain. The product pipeline comprises over 300 dossiers of which less than 50 are currently marketed.
The majority of Pharma’s sales are in the gastrointestinal tract and cough and cold therapeutic categories.

Hopefully they sold this for a couple of BILLION - One can dream

Pharma had a negative EBITDA if I'm not mistaken so I suppose this is good from a valuation perspective

#173 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:09 PM

Sale of Ascendis Pharma

https://www.moneyweb...dium=Indicators

Was this part of the Recap or is this part of the assets we were suppose to keep in the new company?

At this point I don't really care as long as they pay me my money......

https://www.sharenet...eq=16&scode=ASC

So had a look. Ascendis Pharma is part of the 3 units we were left with after recap.

Ascendis Pharma has a portfolio of well-known brands and a simple business model. The top 10 brands
account for approximately 85% of sales. All brands are owned 100% and operate under an outsourced
supply chain. The product pipeline comprises over 300 dossiers of which less than 50 are currently marketed.
The majority of Pharma’s sales are in the gastrointestinal tract and cough and cold therapeutic categories.

Hopefully they sold this for a couple of BILLION - One can dream

#174 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:45 PM

Sale of Ascendis Pharma

Was this part of the Recap or is this part of the assets we were suppose to keep in the new company?

#175 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:45 PM

Sale of Ascendis Pharma

#176 Poor Dad

Poor Dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:17 PM

Keep holding this share, good things to come...

#177 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

Seems market excitement has dissipated and volumes dwindled. Hopefully a little more of a run up tomorrow though. 

Nice to be wrong :lol:

#178 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:43 AM

Good volumes today

Seems market excitement has dissipated and volumes dwindled. Hopefully a little more of a run up tomorrow though. 

#179 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:06 AM

Good volumes today

#180 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:55 AM

Yeah I’m holding to R2 then decide.
R2.80 would be great!

Just got back into the green.

Also just went green...I wonder what is causing this surge today, hopefully due to a leak and not a pump and dump.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting