1645 replies to this topic

#1241 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

We should be receiving an Update this week. Also will be interesting to hear about future plans regarding Remedica and also if they have found a new CFO. 

#1242 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:50 AM

Market cannot read. But insight into company impacted by covid is inspiring.
Hopeling there is an opportunity to pay down 10% of the debt in euro , and 15% in rand with 2020 cash flow.
And a further similar with 2021, leaving sharehokders with lots of value on the table with a complete or partial disposal of any of the assets in Europe or even just a few of the product pipelines which may be duplicated across familider, remedica and SA ascendis pharma

#1243 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:59 AM

Thanks shi....I have been searching for articles to guide on covid impact.
Just found this which is brilliant. I had some doubts but those are clearer...this share should aim for the stars

August 03, 2020, 2:14 p.m.

"Inevitably, existing supply chains need to be redefined so that they are better prepared in the event of a pandemic recurrence."

Remedica's response during the period of the health crisis was immediate and effective, a fact that ensured its smooth operation with Remote applications in terms of transactions and execution of work. In an interview with Insider o CEO of Remedica Dr. Michael Neoptolemou refers to the company's plans for the next day of the pandemic and stresses that "this crisis has highlighted the need for an organization to have objectives and values, which should serve as guide even in difficult times ".

As a company operating in many countries, do you see international trade data changing?

The effects of the pandemic have, of course, affected all industries around the world to varying degrees. As it has already become clear, many of the major economies have been hit by the pandemic and mechanisms have been activated to restart them with financial incentives locally and globally. The biggest bet for tourism-based economies such as Cyprus is to bring tourism flow back to sustainable levels. Practices such as Working from home, E-commerce, Online trainings and generally remote applications will be promoted in order to more efficiently and economically perform the functions of each organization. Inevitably, existing supply chains need to be redefined so that they are better prepared in the event of a pandemic recurrence.

How were the exports of products affected by the special conditions created by the virus and the consequent lock down ?

We had to deal with the gradual closure of airports and ports from countries of origin of raw materials and the countries of activity of our exports. At the same time, many airlines had stopped operating for a long time. Despite the challenges that existed, the company turned them into opportunities and with proper planning and perfect coordination with our local and global partners managed to secure stocks of raw materials and ways to ship our products abroad, thus increasing turnover of.

Theory is awesome and all but we know this crazy ***** of a market doesn't follow logic at times, lets just hope that we get some good momentum on this share after these results. 

If it rips to R1.50 it could also be a good trade to fade it temporarily to about R1.00

#1244 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:02 AM

Thanks shi....I have been searching for articles to guide on covid impact.
Just found this which is brilliant. I had some doubts but those are clearer...this share should aim for the stars

August 03, 2020, 2:14 p.m.

"Inevitably, existing supply chains need to be redefined so that they are better prepared in the event of a pandemic recurrence."

Remedica's response during the period of the health crisis was immediate and effective, a fact that ensured its smooth operation with Remote applications in terms of transactions and execution of work. In an interview with Insider o CEO of Remedica Dr. Michael Neoptolemou refers to the company's plans for the next day of the pandemic and stresses that "this crisis has highlighted the need for an organization to have objectives and values, which should serve as guide even in difficult times ".

As a company operating in many countries, do you see international trade data changing?

The effects of the pandemic have, of course, affected all industries around the world to varying degrees. As it has already become clear, many of the major economies have been hit by the pandemic and mechanisms have been activated to restart them with financial incentives locally and globally. The biggest bet for tourism-based economies such as Cyprus is to bring tourism flow back to sustainable levels. Practices such as Working from home, E-commerce, Online trainings and generally remote applications will be promoted in order to more efficiently and economically perform the functions of each organization. Inevitably, existing supply chains need to be redefined so that they are better prepared in the event of a pandemic recurrence.

How were the exports of products affected by the special conditions created by the virus and the consequent lock down ?

We had to deal with the gradual closure of airports and ports from countries of origin of raw materials and the countries of activity of our exports. At the same time, many airlines had stopped operating for a long time. Despite the challenges that existed, the company turned them into opportunities and with proper planning and perfect coordination with our local and global partners managed to secure stocks of raw materials and ways to ship our products abroad, thus increasing turnover of.

#1245 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:20 PM

https://twitter.com/...673583884406785

https://twitter.com/...674308664266757

https://twitter.com/...675000879677441

https://twitter.com/...675965770862594

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1246 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

if within 20٪ thresholds then no trading update needed...

Mindful the 3 months of reduced surgical sales would impact gains

#1247 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:49 PM

Rand stregnthening a good sign...even if a few percentage points

#1248 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:43 PM

So they don’t have to release a sens if it’s within 20 percent good or bad from their previous figures ?

if within 20٪ thresholds then no trading update needed...

#1249 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:14 PM

So they don’t have to release a sens if it’s within 20 percent good or bad from their previous figures ?

#1250 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:49 AM

basically no volume today ???

#1251 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:05 PM

Price drop is probably just due to people either realizing their profits or minimizing losses this morning after yesterday’s high close.

I wish I had profits to harvest on ASC, but not there yet. and the trading statement is taking its own sweet time to come.

#1252 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:57 PM

Yep. Can even use 6....and see what you get

#1253 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:47 PM

Crazy share will.move everywhere with 0.0001% of trade volume. I usually ask myself how much will you pay for 100% of shares in this company. 10x ebitda, less debt.and divide by all shares....

That’s a very generous EBITDA multiple. Correct me if I’m wrong but the trend of late is to value with an EBITDA multiple Of between 6 and 8.

#1254 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:43 PM

Crazy share will.move everywhere with 0.0001% of trade volume. I usually ask myself how much will you pay for 100% of shares in this company. 10x ebitda, less debt.and divide by all shares....

#1255 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:43 AM

Price drop is probably just due to people either realizing their profits or minimizing losses this morning after yesterday’s high close.

#1256 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:41 AM

price seems to be dropping this morning ??

#1257 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:34 AM

Information will guide share movement, at the moment risk and darkness

#1258 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:30 AM

I’m holding thumbs for the share to continue gathering upward momentum today. I’m really hoping the market realizes the value in this share. I did a high level valuation before I bought the shares 6/7 months ago and estimated to be around R5 if they can properly manage their debt.

The problem is with such small companies it seems a strong management team plays a bigger role in the share price than the fundamentals. So a valuation could mean very little.

#1259 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:21 AM

Can't find cheap sellers on auction and demand waiting for results.we may see massive d1 and d2 movements and then nice upward trend or plates.....d1 could even breach r2 and d2 r3......

#1260 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:05 AM

The spread is super wide, let’s hope an imminent rip up

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting