1645 replies to this topic

#1281 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:41 AM

I am hoping that they do what Aspen did and materially pay down debt through operational cashflows.

Selling off key businesses should be a last step especially in a medically heightened world.

#1282 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:41 AM

I am looking for clean set of financials, that are on time and that are operating ebitda positive. And at least 3 % increase on last year. We should not expect crazy numbers as operational costs and logistics costs would have impacted.
Strategically we need to get a sense of improved relationships through covid resulting in more long term business.
It would be spectacular of we get double digit growth on heps, and if there is strategic direction on debt management. Last fy the team were grilled on share price and impact of margin calls and hence we know there is focus to redeem value. And finally really keen to see the quantum of institutional investors......unless there is a liquidation risk see the 6oc as the lowest base and potential upside. For now less value than snh, debt risk similar....but there are no legal claimants.....this one has more legs for 2 kot hs at least... will definitely move some profits to snh for speculative gain if possible ....else wait it out for remedica sale or de listing

IN, bit more negative than usual. I cant see how selling their golden goose would be good for them ?

#1283 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:33 AM

I am looking for clean set of financials, that are on time and that are operating ebitda positive. And at least 3 % increase on last year. We should not expect crazy numbers as operational costs and logistics costs would have impacted.
Strategically we need to get a sense of improved relationships through covid resulting in more long term business.
It would be spectacular of we get double digit growth on heps, and if there is strategic direction on debt management. Last fy the team were grilled on share price and impact of margin calls and hence we know there is focus to redeem value. And finally really keen to see the quantum of institutional investors......unless there is a liquidation risk see the 6oc as the lowest base and potential upside. For now less value than snh, debt risk similar....but there are no legal claimants.....this one has more legs for 2 kot hs at least... will definitely move some profits to snh for speculative gain if possible ....else wait it out for remedica sale or de listing

#1284 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:38 AM

How you guys feeling about this ?

More confident than let’s say steinhoff ?

confident but dont know if its my wishful thinking...

#1285 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:17 AM

How you guys feeling about this ?

More confident than let’s say steinhoff ?

#1286 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 12:56 PM

Can't recall who posted previously, but it be be interesting to see if aspen acquires ascendis lock stock and barrel.......1 aspen share for every 50 ascendis shares....so 10 million ascendis shares for the 500 ascendis shares...currently we have it as aspen 135 to 0.67.....so extremely favorable and cheap .....could even be 1.5 aspen share for 100 ascendis shares.....

Okay green beer

#1287 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 12:19 PM

Logistics and supply issues may impact sales however aspens results are absolutely fantastic. Market irritated that dividend not paid and many who bought at r100 may be exiting now. I will buy aspen for the long road ahead.
Ascendia only needs to be operating ebitda positive and signed off a clean set of financials. The value is already in the dog box...imagine their total revenue may be a 5th of aspen, debt ridiculous but share price o.5% of aspens......65c versus r130...share at least r2 after clean bill of health and more if numbers look good

#1288 Dell

Dell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 10:09 AM

Agreed...Remember though - the recovery hopes here will be the sale of Remedica….When the sale of Remedica was cancelled in Dec '19 the price dropped from R 3 to R 1.20...which was probably a bit ridiculous in my opinion....  They withdrew the sale because they reckoned they can get more for it...so, the moment they sell it, the price should recover drastically...except of course if something else is horribly going wrong, and shareholders don't know about it... Just a thought...

#1289 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:59 AM

Aspen's numbers looking real funny in the light. I've lowered my expectations for ascendis since I had said we'd get guidance from Aspen's numbers.

#1290 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

Clearly APN's financials were not to Mr Markets liking...lets hope that Ascendis was able to cash in on other markets in order to boost revenue. They are really keeping us on a line with that trading statement.

#1291 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:48 AM

A note on aspens divestment of a single product for 13 billion...ghost should be a guide to what ascendis ceo said at that 2019 fy presentation that they could look to sell off product portfoluos especially where they have duplicate.
This could relase capital.
Alternatively we need a different way to value the assets in the company when we cosnidering the investment.

#1292 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:05 AM

wait for Andis write up. We both have been pro Ascendis at the right price. I look forward to Andis write up more than the sens

#1293 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:04 AM

This share may be an immediate launch off or a two year play, either way extremely cheap at the moment and after these financials and there is a clean audit we certainly going to see many others coming in. I have loaded volumes hoping for a bang end sept. If not will look away until 22

#1294 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:51 PM

400 million usd for remedica, sunwave probably is worth another 50m and farmilider another 50m

Thanks I.N.
Remedica is the crown jewel indeed. I'm eagerly anticipating the results, they can go either way.

Edited by Blackobar, 08 September 2020 - 08:54 PM.

#1295 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:10 PM

400 million usd for remedica, sunwave probably is worth another 50m and farmilider another 50m

#1296 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:02 PM

How much is Ascendis debt? and how much are/were they looking for when selling Remedica?

#1297 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:44 PM

This month we will get the annual financial statements, prior to that we will get a trading statement. Also we will receive news regarding a new CFO.

Hopefully there will be a nice upswing in earnings. But lets wait and see. It will also be very interesting to see how Remedica has performed.

#1298 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

True. This share is in short term trouble.....hope its not long term ...
How do we know if there is any share manipulation....especially woth the crazy variability...or is this a good time to buy...

I have quite a bit invested after reading their previous, interim financials as I believe there is potential. I will not be buying anymore shares currently until the next set of financials are released or there is a trading statement, not because I think that there is more risk in the share since I last bought but rather because based on my risk profile and the information currently available to me I am at my limit as to how much I am willing to invest.

Hopefully more positive news will allow me to weight my portfolio more into Ascendis as there is most definitely potential especially given the current global health circumstances.

#1299 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 11:55 AM

True. This share is in short term trouble.....hope its not long term ...
How do we know if there is any share manipulation....especially woth the crazy variability...or is this a good time to buy...

#1300 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:21 AM

Checkout a short squeeze......could happen here as many expected the share to drop like a bomb....does anyone have details on the extent of the volume of shares shorted here....strong base formed again.....finally may see upward momentum...but i am a fool and foolish to ever try predict this market

Hopefully any price increase is not due to a short squeeze. I would rather have it due to long demand based on fundamentals as this is sustainable and bodes well for the share in the long run.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting