• Please log in to reply
1645 replies to this topic

#1321 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

Results out soon, let's see what's up. Covid aside, I need to see the other departments coming through.

#1322 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 01:10 PM

Ascendis getting killed today but why

volumes relatively low at the lower prices

#1323 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:29 PM

Ascendis getting killed today but why

#1324 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:10 PM

Anyone hear more on SA vaccine production, have tried searching but can't get more info. SA gov facility will be the lead with partners to produce as fast as possible for Africa. This may really good news if asc gets to partner here or even if provides consumables......there are whispers but nothing concrete...perhaps there may be further guidance when results come out on future business...

#1325 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 10:25 AM

If you new here, pls listen to 2019 fy presentation. And interesting discussion on share price.

Some interesting info coming that Sa may be selected for vaccine production. To have sufficient capacity sa will look to other companies. Ascendis has the necessary facilities and capabilities for vaccine production. This will be a massive win....lets pray...

#1326 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:59 PM

Interesting results for Adcock and their outlook for acquisitions. Wonder if they thinking of asc. Market may be worried about pharma market based on adcocks comments for 2021 but think they are overly conservative. Great that asc has international.revenue and their high growing business is tender from a nationalized client with guaranteed business and revenue

#1327 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:57 AM

Aspen is pumping... Asc?

Results due soon .....

#1328 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:06 AM

Aspen is pumping... Asc?

Very low volumes on Ascendis today., last I checked it was around 5000. Although up 3% for the day

#1329 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:02 AM

Hi just realized aspen results out 9 September. If we get a trading update earlier or very good results for aspen this may create excitement for asc.

Aspen is pumping... Asc?

#1330 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 04:19 PM

Hi just realized aspen results out 9 September. If we get a trading update earlier or very good results for aspen this may create excitement for asc.

#1331 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 04:15 PM

Hi Milo, no one knows really....but I think of it as the buyers opportunity when you have assessed your risk. Interesting you mention the first level at over r2.50. When I buy this share at a discount I psychologically rebalance to this number so even with the down trend recently I am happy entering at any level below r2.50. I gradually add to my holdings ...as this share has 2 trajectories...continue on successfully and pay debt and restructure and dividends in 3 years or sell remedica completely or a portion akd dividends in 1 year potentially....the likelihood of this share failing has been reduced significantly and debt is the main concern....which now as you know is much cheaper with quantitative easing....i would love to hear that the share is delisting on jse and relisting somewhere in Europe....or even if only remedica is listed....but unlikely as debt is so cheap ...refinancing maybe the easiest....
Look forward to this voluntary update and guidnace on strategy...until then....can slide any way

#1332 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 11:18 AM

Strange that the share price is at 66 cents after the positive voluntary update relating to the impact of COVID-19 on the Ascendis Health operations - 8/4/2020. There is a gap between R2.70 and R2.80 that needs to be closed.

#1333 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:28 PM

really interested to know of there is some way jse can advise if there is ever sgare manipulation by bigger institutions....

#1334 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:02 PM

Hopefully we see a sustained recovery or good base formed until results after which we hope a new level higher is established around r2 mark. Or higher. Last year this time share at r5 but significantly worse off. Now better off and hopefully with clean financials that are on time and not delayed will give the market confidence to invest, let alone direction with remedica and debt management.

#1335 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 12:16 PM

Large gains and volumes being traded this morning...up close to 9% so far today, hopefully the momentum continues. I am starting to feel more comfortable. I feel the increased demand could be indicative of a positive trading update soon.

Edited by David-89, 24 August 2020 - 12:16 PM.

#1336 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:30 AM

Any chance that the below announcement may have something to do with ASC? A long shot I know, but I remain hopeful for some positive news soon.

"CAUTIONARY ANNOUNCEMENT"

"Aspen is currently engaged in discussions related to a possible transaction in respect of a segment of its
European commercial business".

Doesn't look like it. Sounds like Aspen is selling something (of a significant size which ASC can't afford). Also, ASC would need to issue it's own cautionary and right now, there is none. 

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1337 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:59 AM

Any chance that the below announcement may have something to do with ASC? A long shot I know, but I remain hopeful for some positive news soon.

"CAUTIONARY ANNOUNCEMENT"

"Aspen is currently engaged in discussions related to a possible transaction in respect of a segment of its
European commercial business".

#1338 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:32 AM

Read through dec 2019 results transcript. Its an interesting read and really good to go through it 6 months down the line. Some of it seemed like Greek but interestingly the ceo talks to his strategy very convincingly albeit sometimes vague.
If you investing here, would advise you to read it. This company has really been pummelled. Quite interesting to hear from the team on their achievements.

Something that we may not have thought of is margin creep, due to increased costs of logistics and covid costs on a companies operations. Hopefully some of that was transferred on to clients.

The market is extremely cautious here. And that may be the reason

Really hope the presentation and updates to the market really starts to provide meat that we can better assimilate and digest else we going to have to become vegans

#1339 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for your insights and thoughts IN....its highly appreciated...

i havent really applied my mind to the projected earnings as yet but will give it some thoughts and advise (please beaware that this will just be the views of a layman who has bought a sizeable chunk of shares and is hoping for the best whilst learning to invest😉)

#1340 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:43 PM

Hi Anban. Crazy thoughts that 0.00001% sgare volume can move the share price. Only statement to you is don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

This share has 45% sa revenue and 55% foreign revenue. With rand dep probably 65% and 35%. Some holders of the share are nervous as the debt 200m of which is in euro that of course increased as the rand weakened.

If you read the company fknancials they speak specifically to a rand hedge have moderate to high level of foreign income and through hedging contracts. Which means there should be positive cash flows from the rand dep.

I would say 2 pools of debt, sa and non sa and both pools will be significantly impacted at least 25% by 2020 earnings.

We left with fantastic assets, and manageable debt giving options as to how to manage the value in remedica.

Does not look like ascendis will opt for a cheap exit without value retention.

This share is 3 cents if converted or a market cap of 18 million euros.

With 4 weeks to 12 months we will have a materially different look at the company with a pr of at least 5 and a going concern with clean financials and debt sorted. This is the storyline you need to buy into now....hope its a fairytale

And not an aveng nightmare at 3c zar.....surely the fundamentals are different...

Whats your take on revenue and ebitda for June 2020 fy?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting