1645 replies to this topic

#1301 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:18 AM

Checkout a short squeeze......could happen here as many expected the share to drop like a bomb....does anyone have details on the extent of the volume of shares shorted here....strong base formed again.....finally may see upward momentum...but i am a fool and foolish to ever try predict this market

#1302 Dell

Dell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:29 AM

thanks

#1303 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:18 PM

also keen to know ....

Think its a block trade

A block trade is a high-volume transaction in a security that is privately negotiated and executed outside of the open market for that security. Major broker-dealers often provide "block trading" services—sometimes known as "upstairs trading desks"—to their institutional clients

#1304 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:24 PM

IN, prepare for retirement, shes going to 10 bucks !!!

Hope the first dividends in 2021 0r 2022 will be 30c and the next dividend is 40c.....and this share would be paid up...hoping this could be a massive turnaround and getting the volumes in now will pay off in a few years not only in share growth but dividend stock .....with a rand hedge.....

#1305 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:56 PM

sorry did not see chat trail......

#1306 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:56 PM

Yeish, a bt trade for 2.9m shares on sharenet. And only 100k plus shares available during the day.
Is the bt a before trading session....who is allowed to execute that?

#1307 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:16 PM

Volume drying up.

IN, prepare for retirement, shes going to 10 bucks !!!

#1308 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:03 PM

hi, can someone help - on sharenet, there is a column that says "PDT". Under it there are abbreviations - "AT", "BT"... What does this mean? Why I ask, is on
the total volume of shares for the day it says 107k shares traded. The most have "AT" next to them, but next to "BT" there shows 2,9m shares traded 12:51, but
this clearly doesn't form part of the total shares (which still indicates 107k)…?

also keen to know ....

#1309 Dell

Dell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 03:01 PM

hi, can someone help - on sharenet, there is a column that says "PDT".  Under it there are abbreviations - "AT", "BT"... What does this mean?  Why I ask, is on

the total volume of shares for the day it says 107k shares traded.  The most have "AT" next to them, but next to "BT" there shows 2,9m shares traded 12:51, but

this clearly doesn't form part of the total shares (which still indicates 107k)…?

Attached Files

#1310 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:43 PM

Volume drying up.

#1311 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:45 AM

UPDATE: Ascendis is said to be reporting on the 29th. Aspen is this week, we'll get guidance from them then.

Yip Aspen is said to report on Wed (after close as stated in trading update), but hopefully we can get a trading update out of ASC this week.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1312 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:23 AM

I hear Ascendis is expected to report this week. Aspen's reporting too. Whoever reports first will give guidance to the market on what to expect on who ever will report last.

UPDATE: Ascendis is said to be reporting on the 29th. Aspen is this week, we'll get guidance from them then.

#1313 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 04:56 PM

I hear Ascendis is expected to report this week. Aspen's reporting too. Whoever reports first will give guidance to the market on what to expect on who ever will report last.

#1314 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:39 PM

Their website has the following: 29 September 2020: Annual results presentation in Johannesburg starting at 10:00

https://ascendisheal...older-calendar/

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1315 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:06 PM

Hi, results due end september, expect a sense this week or latest mid September with a voluntary update. And if all goes well end september asc meets deadline for a clean set of audited financials clearly stating this is a going concern and all risks and controls are in place.

#1316 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

Hi, results due end september, expect a sense this week or latest mid September with a voluntary update. And if all goes well end september asc meets deadline for a clean set of audited financials clearly stating this is a going concern and all risks and controls are in place.

#1317 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:45 PM

Please forgive me if i am missing something, but aren't the results only due at the end of September? I had it earmarked that we could possibly receive a trading update in the second week of September if there was any significant change to report.

#1318 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 08:27 PM

IN, surely they should have published a sens by now if the results were really good or really poor ? It’s a week to go to projected release date.

#1319 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:30 PM

Reading quite a bit on farmilider...be interested to see what market penetration and growth achieved in the past 6 months and if this entity has been able to increase sales in the European markets..this seemed like a problem child but 6 months on may be a turnaround and a value allowing ascendis to list its European assets separately.........sunwave farmilider and remedica
.....if anyone has any thoughts ? This could unlock 200m euro for 50 percent ????

#1320 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

Results out soon, let's see what's up. Covid aside, I need to see the other departments coming through.

Exactly...I liked the 2019 dec results as non covid....covid does not have longevity...but the relationships and market expansion and reliance is beneficial...

The negatives of covid...low surgical sales and high logistic costs....

Invest in the storyline for the next few years.....and whether or not we can get a cheap share with dividends in 3 years that pays back the purchase price today....

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting