CFD Trades - Trending Shares

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#161 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

Pilotpilot

The way the market is right now, it's a wonder that we still standing. Greece almost over then we have the Fed next.

If people follow their choice. You can not make miracles . Thanks for the input

#162 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:38 PM

Patience, patience

#163 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:11 PM

on Aveng being oversold: saw this today "...The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd., known as Sanral, is suing builders including Murray & Roberts Holdings Ltd. and Aveng Ltd. following an investigation by the countryโ€™s antitrust body two years ago. " and should explain the sell off last few days. there is no support! never been this low what I can see.

#164 loading.....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

APN if you could close above 36700, that would be great

#165 Slo

Slo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hi all,

We can i find the portfolio file for the CFD trades.

I am new on the site and trying to start trading.

Regarsd

#166 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

Thanks pilot. I will keep an eye on it. Looks tempting though.

#167 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

Hi Everyone

After the poor performance on the portfolio this week, I had to get to the bottom of why the indicators are not producing the results they should. When shares are not trending, or at the end of a trend, they fluctuate between bullish and bearish signals. This has caused the portfolio to loose on a lot of positions.

I use daily indicators and a lot of the positions has turned heavily against me within the next day's trading, and I waited for the next closing price to make a decision. I have realized that these situations can be avoided by using a shorter intervals on my trading and closing these positions intraday.

I am currently in search of a new technical analysis software where I can add multiple RSI and STS indicators at the same time, and that gives the options of multiple alerts. It also needs to do this in at least 1 hour intervals. So if anyone knows of a good technical analysis software program I can use, it would be much appreciated. 

I am currently postponing the updating of the portfolio, until I can streamline and iron out these problems.

I do not like making wrong trades, and I would want to exit them, before taking larger losses in future.

Regards

P

Hi Pilot,

I hugely respect your level of integrity.

To date you have provided us all with quality "food for thought" and its been our choice to follow your lead , or not (as each members case may be) under "no obligation".

Don't get too beat up over the very recent performance - this market has been up to many strange things/events and I personally don't think that there is any one system that can accurately predict all conditions. I say - keep on using your system and fine tune as you go.

It would be a great pity not to continue to receive your learnered trading ideas and suggestions, going foward.

Always take responsibility for your own actions

#168 traderRick

traderRick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationwestern cape

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yeah Pilot don't beat yourself up over the recent portfolio returns.

Greece and the Fed have been messing with all of the markets tremendously in my opinion.

Also take cognisance of the fact that its near impossible to get the trades right every day, every time (obviously ^_^)..

The main thing is that you're right more often than wrong, which has certainly been the case looking at the portfolio returns over the last few weeks.

Great stuff man, keep it up.

#169 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

What is the view on telkom. I see big volumes are going through?

Hi Strydomk

TKG is in extremely oversold conditions. I have seen very few shares getting this oversold (one that I could find  - LON - In March this year).

It is due for a bounce, but picking the bottom is tough. There is no breakout from this downtrend yet, so I wouldn't dip in yet. 

R50-00 is a support level, but who knows where the bulls will support it.

P

Invest in what you know - Warren Buffet

www.justnextlevel.net

#170 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

I'm impressed by your openness and honest plus continuous feedback approach Pilot.

However, I must add you must not be too hard on yourself (or on the system). Remember, with the current loss taken into account, still the results so far are PHENOMENAL!!!

Well done my man!

Cheers MP!!

www.justnextlevel.net

#171 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

Agree with MP - don't think any trend's are stable given current market chop.. still think your work is impressive!

#172 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

What is the view on telkom. I see big volumes are going through?

#173 Motion Picture

Motion Picture

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hi Everyone

After the poor performance on the portfolio this week, I had to get to the bottom of why the indicators are not producing the results they should. When shares are not trending, or at the end of a trend, they fluctuate between bullish and bearish signals. This has caused the portfolio to loose on a lot of positions.

I use daily indicators and a lot of the positions has turned heavily against me within the next day's trading, and I waited for the next closing price to make a decision. I have realized that these situations can be avoided by using a shorter intervals on my trading and closing these positions intraday.

I am currently in search of a new technical analysis software where I can add multiple RSI and STS indicators at the same time, and that gives the options of multiple alerts. It also needs to do this in at least 1 hour intervals. So if anyone knows of a good technical analysis software program I can use, it would be much appreciated. 

I am currently postponing the updating of the portfolio, until I can streamline and iron out these problems.

I do not like making wrong trades, and I would want to exit them, before taking larger losses in future.

Regards

P

I'm impressed by your openness and honest plus continuous feedback approach Pilot.

However, I must add you must not be too hard on yourself (or on the system). Remember, with the current loss taken into account, still the results so far are PHENOMENAL!!!

Well done my man!

You better know when to hold on, know when to walk away and know when to run!

#174 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

Hi Everyone

Regards

P

Edited by Pilotpilot, 22 June 2015 - 08:52 AM.

www.justnextlevel.net

#175 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:04 AM

What a disappointment. What holds for the boks?

Ye... I agree. No Duane, no Schalk, no Vincent Kock (starting) and no Scarra starting. :angry:

Glad Coetzee is leaving.

www.justnextlevel.net

#176 GDP

GDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

What a disappointment. What holds for the boks?

#177 GDP

GDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

So it's a long on Stormers at opening "whistle" enjoy the game ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰

#178 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

Cheers

Are we (Stormers) going to win tomorrow - What does the chart say?? :) :)

Hi GDP :)

Ye.... the Brumbies is showing a lot of downward divergence and is breaking trend. They are really close to hitting resistance levels at No6 (Schalk Burger) and No8 (Duane Vermeulen). They should hit these levels at around 17:05 this afternoon. There is also a big head and shoulder pattern, in the form of Vincent Koch that should break them to the downside.

On the Stormers side there is upward divergence, with breakouts predicted from De Allende, Kolbe and De Jongh. There are some insider trading, with even some Brumbies backing the Stormers to hit the 30 point level by 19:00 tonight. It is also ldt. before the dividend being paid out on Monday for the Stormers.

The Catrakilis trigger should be very accurate to determine the main trend direction but the Senatla indicator is also showing that the trendbreak will be very fast.

Just my 3c :D

Enjoy the game!!

www.justnextlevel.net

#179 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

LHC go! You beaut :P<br />